to buy or not to buy... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : to buy or not to buy...

Lord
12-17-2012, 14:55
have seen lots of folks with angled foregrips... have never shot with one before, so I'm asking... worth getting?

thanks for any input.

boomhower
12-17-2012, 15:43
Depends on the length of your handguards. IMHO if you have very long handguards they can be useful but on standard carbine or midlength your better off with a handstop or VFG. Some folks just don't like them at all. It's really personal preference, I'm a handstop guy myself. There's really no right or wrong answer, it's what works for you personally.

MStarmer
12-17-2012, 16:23
You'll see a lot of people post about liking them just to be a Magpul "fanboy", especailly on the shorter guns. I admit I bought one and tried it on my carbine length Daniel Defense and on a 12" Evolution. Hated it on the long one but actually love it on the short one. It just gives my hand a natural place to go, extended out just doesn't work for me. Bottom line is make your gun work and feel right for you, doesn't matter what it looks like as long as it works. Here's where I have mine, about as far back as I can get it.. :)

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg68/mstarmer/MikesAR1.jpg

jakebrake
12-17-2012, 16:28
i have a shorter ar and an afg. i had tried a vertical and didn't really care for it. the afg is ok, but would be better on a longer rifle.

TedG
12-17-2012, 16:29
I have one.... in the drawer. I'd sell it.

awpk03s
12-17-2012, 17:13
The angle of it makes my wrist all kinds of uncomfortable. I strongly prefer just a handstop instead.

bullittmcqueen
12-20-2012, 11:45
I used for for about a year and the angle of my hand on the AFG was perfect for my shooting style. I did not like the bulkiness and weight of it, so it got sold. I use a hand stop now.