Nancy Lanza was Doomsday Prepper [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Nancy Lanza was Doomsday Prepper

Flintlocker
12-17-2012, 15:16
The mother of Sandy Hook gunman Adam Lanza who slaughtered 20 US schoolchildren and seven adults was a gun-hoarding survivalist who was stockpiling weapons in preparation for an economic collapse, it has emerged.

Nancy Lanza was shot four times in the head before her son Adam gunned down young pupils and teachers at Sandy Hook elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut.

Her sister-in-law Marsha Lanza told reporters at her Illinois home that her gun-obsessed relative was part of the ‘prepper’ movement that fears an economic collapse will lead to a breakdown in society. “She prepared for the worst,” Ms Lanza said.

“Last time we visited her in person, we talked about prepping — are you ready for what could happen down the line, when the economy collapses?”

Nancy Lanza (52) had five registered firearms, had begun stockpiling food and taught Adam how to shoot. He is believed to have taken three of her guns — a Bushmaster .223-calibre, and two handguns, a Glock 10 mm and a Sig Sauer 9mm — in the school massacre after he shot her dead in bed.

After taking her car, Adam Lanza (20) blasted his way into the school building in Newtown, Connecticut and used a high-power rifle to kill 20 children and six adults, including the principal and school psychologist who tried to stop him. The youngest victims were six and seven, the oldest 56.

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-news/mother-of-sandy-hook-gunman-adam-lanza-was-a-gun-obsessive-living-in-fear-of-societys-collapse-16251468.html#ixzz2FLlmqCCC

jakebrake
12-17-2012, 15:18
who is shocked?

cowboy1964
12-17-2012, 15:25
deleted

Gundude
12-17-2012, 15:25
who is shocked?
I am, for one. What kind of doomsday prepper lives in the fourth most densely populated state in the nation?

wingryder
12-17-2012, 15:26
I'll bet that the media will call her everything but an envrionmentalist, vegan, sierra club member, etc... what ever will paint her as a right-winged gun nut that should have been disarmed, is all we will ever hear about her behaviors, hobbies and interests.

12-17-2012, 15:28
The narrative will be that preppers or anybody remotely resembling a prepper will be painted with suspicion or labeled an outright threat.

jakebrake
12-17-2012, 15:30
I am, for one. What kind of doomsday prepper lives in the fourth most densely populated state in the nation?

no...who would use it as political fodder.

Flintlocker
12-17-2012, 15:33
I'll bet that the media will call her everything but an envrionmentalist, vegan, sierra club member, etc... what ever will paint her as a right-winged gun nut that should have been disarmed, is all we will ever hear about her behaviors, hobbies and interests.

I doubt the mainstream media will say much about that. But I have a few questions:

Did she keep her arsenal locked up and away from her special needs son?

Could a focus on a supposed coming collapse of society have had any effect on her son?

Gundude
12-17-2012, 15:34
no...who would use it as political fodder.Ah, I see.

Weird that the article is all the way from Northern Ireland. It'll be interesting to see how much play it gets here.

RussP
12-17-2012, 17:12
The source is her former sister-in-law. Do you believe there might be an agenda behind here comments.

A friend of Mrs. Lanza there in Newtown said today in an interview that she was not a prepper.

TxGun
12-17-2012, 17:19

This is exactly what will happen. "See, here's another right-wing gun nut who indoctrinated her kid into the right-wing gun nut world and look what happened. Don't listen to these people and their 2nd Amendment rants...they are all crazy." This will be the narrative :upeyes:

callihan_44
12-17-2012, 17:44
well guess she wasnt prepared to defend herself against one of her own....guess i better hide my preps so I dont get labeled an extremist...the media should be taken off the air for the ***** they are reporting

Dreamliner787
12-17-2012, 18:14
Last time I checked a Glock 10mm would never be a choice for preppers. It should be the G23 with 9mm conversion barrel.

IvanVic
12-17-2012, 18:25
The source is her former sister-in-law. Do you believe there might be an agenda behind here comments.

A friend of Mrs. Lanza there in Newtown said today in an interview that she was not a prepper.

I have no idea, nor do I care, if she was a prepper - but for the sake of argument I'll say that very few women outside of that survivalist/prepper community own bushmaster rifles.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

barbedwiresmile
12-17-2012, 19:08
We've got to go after those dangerous preppers. And home schoolers too. Both groups are potential domestic terrorists and pose an inherent danger to "law enforcement".

Gunnut 45/454
12-17-2012, 19:48
And the fact if it's true that she was a prepper matters how? Just more Libertard smear anything to take advantage of a crisis! Get this straight they are wanting nothing less then the complete ban on firearms. This is the Libertards wet dream coming true and America is stupid enough to believe it!:steamed:

HarlDane
12-17-2012, 20:05
We've got to go after those dangerous preppers. And home schoolers too. Both groups are potential domestic terrorists and pose an inherent danger to "law enforcement".Am I missing something? The prepper was one of the victims. It's kind of hard to paint the lady who was gunned down in her own bed as part of the problem.

Gunnut 45/454
12-17-2012, 22:54
HarlDane
Come on your a liberal thats the liberal way -always attack those that can't defend themselves! Never let a crisis go to waste!:steamed:

HarlDane
12-17-2012, 23:13
I have no idea, nor do I care, if she was a prepper - but for the sake of argument I'll say that very few women outside of that survivalist/prepper community own bushmaster rifles.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)I know plenty of moms, including a number of single moms, who own guns, but none who own an AR and a 10mm. She was definitely into firearms.

kirgi08
12-17-2012, 23:43
If 3 weapons are it,she'd be a wee bit above average.Not the fanatic this "info" is trying ta infer.'08.

countrygun
12-17-2012, 23:57
Oh, c'mon man you haven't gotten to the important details what was her religion? that will help us pigeonhole her much better and what was her sign of the zodiac? That will clinch it

cowboywannabe
12-18-2012, 00:39
the biggest threat she faced went unrecognised under her own roof, her son.

wingryder
12-18-2012, 00:39
Its to bad that she is a victim, yet the MSM vilifies her because she is a prepper and doesn't fit nicely into their little liberal world.

kirgi08
12-18-2012, 02:02
the biggest threat she faced went unrecognised under her own roof, her son.

Love is blind.

Its to bad that she is a victim, yet the MSM vilifies her because she is a prepper and doesn't fit nicely into their little liberal world.

I'm not getting the "prepper" thing.Are they going by guns or stored food. :dunno:

Not seen any reliable press.'08. :headscratch:

cowboywannabe
12-18-2012, 03:40
Love is blind.

I'm not getting the "prepper" thing.Are they going by guns or stored food. :dunno:

Not seen any reliable press.'08. :headscratch:

blind love means failing to face reality, and in this case her failures lead to her own death, but whats worse is her denial or blind love lead to the death of so many inocent children.

i love my kids more than life itself, but i know when a kid has problems they need to be dealt with, not ignored. if that was the case with her i mean.

smokeross
12-18-2012, 08:21
This ain't the Wild West any longer. If you own guns, you should also own a gun safe....

snerd
12-18-2012, 09:03
We've got to go after those dangerous preppers. And home schoolers too. Both groups are potential domestic terrorists and pose an inherent danger to "law enforcement".
There will be no shortage of agents of the state ready and willing to line up to go enforce the decree.

Gunnut 45/454
12-18-2012, 10:13
smokeross
So your so insecure around firearms you have to have them locked up? Wow maybe you should just turn them in so they can never harm anyone! So how long does it take you to get to your locked up guns if you need one?:faint:

HarlDane
12-18-2012, 19:50
smokeross
So your so insecure around firearms you have to have them locked up? Wow maybe you should just turn them in so they can never harm anyone! So how long does it take you to get to your locked up guns if you need one?:faint:Properly securing firearms that aren't being used/carried is common sense when you have children/young people in the house, especially when those kids have mental issues. It has nothing to do with insecurity and everything to do with safety.

muscogee
12-19-2012, 05:48

Right on the money. Former in laws never harbor any hostile feelings towards the divorced spouse of a relative. :shocked:

muscogee
12-19-2012, 06:04
This ain't the Wild West any longer. If you own guns, you should also own a gun safe....

You think a very intelligent person living with you couldn't figure out how to get into the safe? Have you ever been in that situation? I have a safe and for many years I was the only one with a key. However, I had to sleep sometime.

Many years ago one of my uncles moved in with my grandmother after she developed Alzheimer. One morning while he was still asleep she found his car keys and took off. Fortunately she didn't hurt anyone and ever more fortunately the family was able to get her into a nursing home before before she could hurt someone. Medicare and then Medicaid paid for all of it. Are we willing to pay for services like that for everyone instead of just the elderly? If not, then we can expect more more mentally incapacitated people causing mayhem in our society.

IvanVic
12-19-2012, 19:02
smokeross
So your so insecure around firearms you have to have them locked up? Wow maybe you should just turn them in so they can never harm anyone! So how long does it take you to get to your locked up guns if you need one?:faint:

I've been saying that this guy is a troll for a while now. Does anyone really believe he's being serious when he comes out against firearm safety 101?

wingryder
12-19-2012, 19:15
I am moving to a new house in February, my first purchase will be a liberty gunsafe.

Cavalry Doc
12-19-2012, 19:24
The mother of Sandy Hook gunman Adam Lanza who slaughtered 20 US schoolchildren and seven adults was a gun-hoarding survivalist who was stockpiling weapons in preparation for an economic collapse, it has emerged.

Nancy Lanza was shot four times in the head before her son Adam gunned down young pupils and teachers at Sandy Hook elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut.

Her sister-in-law Marsha Lanza told reporters at her Illinois home that her gun-obsessed relative was part of the ‘prepper’ movement that fears an economic collapse will lead to a breakdown in society. “She prepared for the worst,” Ms Lanza said.

“Last time we visited her in person, we talked about prepping — are you ready for what could happen down the line, when the economy collapses?”

Nancy Lanza (52) had five registered firearms, had begun stockpiling food and taught Adam how to shoot. He is believed to have taken three of her guns — a Bushmaster .223-calibre, and two handguns, a Glock 10 mm and a Sig Sauer 9mm — in the school massacre after he shot her dead in bed.

After taking her car, Adam Lanza (20) blasted his way into the school building in Newtown, Connecticut and used a high-power rifle to kill 20 children and six adults, including the principal and school psychologist who tried to stop him. The youngest victims were six and seven, the oldest 56.

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-news/mother-of-sandy-hook-gunman-adam-lanza-was-a-gun-obsessive-living-in-fear-of-societys-collapse-16251468.html#ixzz2FLlmqCCC

Flintlicker, I know you are as happy as you can be to attach this to anyone that might lean a little right.

And don't take it personally if I consider you a yard or two lower than whale **** at the bottom of the ocean for using this tragedy to score points. Really, It's just an honest evaluation. You aren't much lower than a yard or three of whale ****.

What happened is heartbreaking. It is sad beyond words.

Physical security at the school would have prevented this. We need to look at opposing evil men with means, not disarm the good men.

Flint, you are not a good man.

Flintlocker
12-21-2012, 22:43
Flintlicker, I know you are as happy as you can be to attach this to anyone that might lean a little right.

And don't take it personally if I consider you a yard or two lower than whale **** at the bottom of the ocean for using this tragedy to score points. Really, It's just an honest evaluation. You aren't much lower than a yard or three of whale ****.

What happened is heartbreaking. It is sad beyond words.

Physical security at the school would have prevented this. We need to look at opposing evil men with means, not disarm the good men.

Flint, you are not a good man.

I post a news article and you have a breakdown... try to keep it together. You're childish outbursts are becoming more common.

And your contention that physical security at the school would have prevented this tragedy pure is speculation that may or may not be true. In fact, there was armed security at Columbine.

Gunnut 45/454
12-22-2012, 11:37
HarlDane
Well If I had someone that dangerous in my house, oh wait I wouldn't have someone that dangerous in my home! And all the children would be trained not to touch/play with firearms. Funny I grow up with guns never wanted to kill my parents (could be I was taught it would be a sin) you know them morals and such. Was also taught you don't touch dads guns ! Then I was taught on the proper use when I was old enough -just like how I taught my child and will teach my grandchild. Funny isn't it when one is trained in the proper use of said firearms one never has trouble such as you all discribe!!:rofl: I think it's call being responsible Adults good parents! And it proves beyond a doupt that we don't need the government to achieve this! Wow thats a novel idea we take control of our own lives!:rofl:

muscogee
12-22-2012, 11:43
HarlDane
Well If I had someone that dangerous in my house, oh wait I wouldn't have someone that dangerous in my home! And all the children would be trained not to touch/play with firearms. Funny I grow up with guns never wanted to kill my parents (could be I was taught it would be a sin) you know them morals and such. Was also taught you don't touch dads guns ! Then I was taught on the proper use when I was old enough -just like how I taught my child and will teach my grandchild. Funny isn't it when one is trained in the proper use of said firearms one never has trouble such as you all discribe!!:rofl: I think it's call being responsible Adults good parents! And it proves beyond a doupt that we don't need the government to achieve this! Wow thats a novel idea we take control of our own lives!:rofl:

If you had a child having a psychotic breakdown in your house what would you do?

Cavalry Doc
12-22-2012, 12:20
I post a news article and you have a breakdown... try to keep it together. You're childish outbursts are becoming more common.

And your contention that physical security at the school would have prevented this tragedy pure is speculation that may or may not be true. In fact, there was armed security at Columbine.

Breakdown? That was a scolding. Learn the difference.

Not speculation. I've been a few places around the world where physical security stopped multiple guys with a lot more firepower than this POS had. Go back and look, a lot changed as far as tactics go after columbine.

Taphius
12-22-2012, 12:23
If you had a child having a psychotic breakdown in your house what would you do?

Get him away from any environment that he can harm himself or others. 20 is not a child though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

muscogee
12-22-2012, 13:24
Get him away from any environment that he can harm himself or others. 20 is not a child though

If he hasn't broken any law, how do you do that? What if you have a 20 year old who can't take care of himself due to mental problems? What then? What if he's extremely intelligent and knows how to stay just inside the law, but mentally unbalanced?

kirgi08
12-22-2012, 14:07
Breakdown? That was a scolding. Learn the difference.

Not speculation. I've been a few places around the world where physical security stopped multiple guys with a lot more firepower than this POS had. Go back and look, a lot changed as far as tactics go after columbine.

You'll never get the point across Doc.

Age and maturity don't always coincide.'08.

countrygun
12-22-2012, 14:51

Yes and we had air wings, that were constantly on standby for years, on 9/11. Think we've learned a bit since then, or did we give up on the idea?

Cavalry Doc
12-22-2012, 15:52
If he hasn't broken any law, how do you do that? What if you have a 20 year old who can't take care of himself due to mental problems? What then? What if he's extremely intelligent and knows how to stay just inside the law, but mentally unbalanced?

Someone has to be the parent. First and foremost, you don't give him access to your guns, even in the case of your own death. Then you either arrange for him to be cared for in your home, or out of it.

There are lines that you don't let even your kids cross. I know people that have had to use "tough love" with their children, including getting them into a halfway house with professional help.

Flying-Dutchman
12-22-2012, 15:53

Preppers are as mainstream today as a bomb shelter was 50 years ago. BTW, I am not a prepper but given the mathematically certain financial collapse, it is a logical response.

Visualize what this monster did. No law could have stopped this evil killer.

Blaming firearm laws is an insult to our intelligence.

300 million Americans with 300 million firearms live in peace.

We are the safest we have ever been.

Taphius
12-22-2012, 16:07
You'll never get the point across Doc.

Age and maturity don't always coincide.'08.

So he was a immature, irresponsible adult.

Cavalry Doc
12-22-2012, 16:43

Yes, he was.

Now he is a pathetic monster, deserving of scorn from all humanity.

muscogee
12-22-2012, 17:44

Maybe, but he was definitely mentally unbalanced. As a society we don't have a solution for people like this until they break a law. We're hamstrung by Jefferson's notion that it is better to let 1,000 guilty men go free than put one innocent man in jail. Adam Lanza was innocent until he shot up the school. Now it's too late to stop him.

Cavalry Doc
12-23-2012, 06:42
Maybe, but he was definitely mentally unbalanced. As a society we don't have a solution for people like this until they break a law. We're hamstrung by Jefferson's notion that it is better to let 1,000 guilty men go free than put one innocent man in jail. Adam Lanza was innocent until he shot up the school. Now it's too late to stop him.

There used to be a way to avoid this in this country. Lunatic and insane asylums prevented this. The question is:

Is that what you want to go back to?

And he started being guilty way before entering the school.

Cavalry Doc
12-23-2012, 06:56
Oh, and for the OP

Adam Lanza was a tree hugging liberal. That's true, but not widely reported.
http://www.salon.com/2012/12/17/adam_lanza_was_a_vegan/

Fed Five Oh
12-23-2012, 07:05
I doubt the mainstream media will say much about that. But I have a few questions:

Did she keep her arsenal locked up and away from her special needs son?

Could a focus on a supposed coming collapse of society have had any effect on her son?

So, five registered firearms is an arsenal according to you?

Your words, not mine.

You're an anti-gun troll. Your words give you away. You should be banned.

kirgi08
12-23-2012, 09:18
Quit feeding it,it will starve and go away.'08.

IvanVic
12-23-2012, 09:31
Oh, and for the OP

Adam Lanza was a tree hugging liberal. That's true, but not widely reported.
http://www.salon.com/2012/12/17/adam_lanza_was_a_vegan/

Your link says that he was a vegan.

Cavalry Doc
12-23-2012, 09:35
Your link says that he was a vegan.

Because he didn't want to hurt animals. Being vegetarian for any reason other than health, is synonymous with tree hugging liberal.