Pistol grips and barrel shrouds "increase a gun's lethality" [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Pistol grips and barrel shrouds "increase a gun's lethality"

cowboy1964
12-17-2012, 16:26
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/16/school-shooter-adam-lanza_n_2312818.html

The Connecticut law bans certain assault weapon models that combine multiple features, such as a pistol grip and a barrel shroud, which increase a gun's lethality.

This is the kind of stupidity we have to deal with.

Gundude
12-17-2012, 16:42
I see from the article that he was firing "high-velocity rounds" too. That's some scary stuff.

countrygun
12-17-2012, 17:02
As I love to point out to gunwise folks,

in the height of the "Assault Weapons Ban" when AKs were restricted to 10rd mags of the "little 7.62" round, and pre-bans were at a premium, I was able to take my munificient stipend, from 2 months of jury duty on a tough trial, and order a Cetme semi-auto in 7.62x51 NATO (.308), and all the 20rd mags I wanted. It was perfectly legal because it didn't have a bayonet lug?? and had a "Muzzle brake" instead of a "flash hider". And it met a bunch of silly regs.

yah, they sure did something to keep "dangerous guns" out of the hands of Americans :upeyes:

DMaddox
12-17-2012, 17:08
Here is a post from someone after the article. :wow:

Bgrngod
248 Fans
14 minutes ago ( 5:40 PM)
Your complaint about the use of the term "High-velocity" is born of ignorance, or willful deception.

Ammunition is specifically manufactured, marketed and sold as "high-velocity" because it does indeed leave the barrel of a rifle at a higher velocity than the "standard-velocity" or even "Subsonic" ammunition.

Bullets moving slower, are going to cause less deaths, there is no doubt about that. "Cop-killer" ammunition was banned specifically because of the unnecessary lethality of them, and proposing such a ban for high-velocity ammunition for the same exact reason is entirely legitimate.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

jakebrake
12-17-2012, 17:22
Here is a post from someone after the article. :wow:

Bgrngod
248 Fans
14 minutes ago ( 5:40 PM)
Your complaint about the use of the term "High-velocity" is born of ignorance, or willful deception.

Ammunition is specifically manufactured, marketed and sold as "high-velocity" because it does indeed leave the barrel of a rifle at a higher velocity than the "standard-velocity" or even "Subsonic" ammunition.

Bullets moving slower, are going to cause less deaths, there is no doubt about that. "Cop-killer" ammunition was banned specifically because of the unnecessary lethality of them, and proposing such a ban for high-velocity ammunition for the same exact reason is entirely legitimate.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

i think i actually got dumber just by reading that.

DMaddox
12-17-2012, 17:29
At first I thought of responding "if the bullets are moving slower, why don't people just step out of the way?" Or "if they are moving slower they probably won't hurt you". But then I thought they might think I was serious!

Atomic Punk
12-17-2012, 17:50
there seems to be more dumb in the comments than the article. sad all around.

G19G20
12-17-2012, 19:43
Don't forget Sen. McCarthy's best media appearance regarding barrel shrouds and shoulder things.

What is a barrel shroud? - YouTube

English
12-18-2012, 05:42
Isn't a barrel shroud something you put on a dead barrel to bury it in?

English

Lowjiber
12-18-2012, 06:10
Isn't a barrel shroud something you put on a dead barrel to bury it in?

English
Nope, it's a "thing that goes up".:rofl:

As I get older, my barrel shroud becomes less dangerous, if you get my drift.:whistling:

callihan_44
12-18-2012, 07:03
yes Ive heard massive ignorance from the knee jerk crowd the past 2 days, THOSE HIGH CAPACITY CLIPS, high velocity bullets :upeyes: and the congressman stating that you dont need an AR for sporting purposes needs to re-read his constitution