Please sign against an new AWB! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Please sign against an new AWB!

Made in Austria
12-17-2012, 18:25
Not punish the tens of millions of law-abiding gun owners with ineffective and unconstitutional "assault weapons" bans.

Please sign this petition on the White House Web site! It's fast and easy to register and sign there.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/not-punish-tens-millions-law-abiding-gun-owners-ineffective-and-unconstitutional-assault-weapons/jq9HgTxd

battlin bulldog
12-17-2012, 19:11
Signed. Long way to go. Renewed my nra membership today. I encourage everyone else to do so if not already done.

WoodenPlank
12-17-2012, 19:16
There are several other similar petitions on the WhiteHouse.gov website already, some of which are close to the 25,000 signature threshold. If you wish to sign a petition, voting on those is far more important right now.

vettely
12-17-2012, 20:48
Do I have to register with the "white house" to sign? Not too keen on that.

wingryder
12-17-2012, 21:33
Do I have to register with the "white house" to sign? Not too keen on that.

Yea, I'm with ya there! I don't want attach my name to a document going directly to THIS whitehouse!

Cole125
12-17-2012, 22:26
Not going to happen, dude. After all mass shootings they try to pass new AWB bs, it never gets through. I don't see it getting through this time either.

Before these shootings Obama already stated he wanted another AWB, anyways.

TangoFoxtrot
12-18-2012, 05:51
Done!

m2hmghb
12-18-2012, 06:06
Not worth it.

TheGrimReaper
12-18-2012, 11:01
Signed it!

LL6
12-18-2012, 11:10
Signed.

Made in Austria
12-18-2012, 11:31
Not worth it.

Why not?

Now is the time where we have to start to fight for our rights a little more, because the left wing thinks ALL guns and their owners are a spawn of the devil and therefor need to be taken away from us law abiding gun owners because we don't need them, nor do we need 11 and 30 round mags. They think it takes about two minutes to change a mag.

I know, it's just a petiotion which probably doesn't count much, but still it's something. We might get heard when four or five, hopefully more of those petitions reach the White House.

Also, Feinestein with the help of others presented an AWB which doesn't hold a clause which would grand father high cab mags and "assoult weapons" they still think that a semi auto weapon is a assoult weapon. That means that the government would be interested to buy back your mags and assoult weapons for a few dollars. I know, it's sound impossible, but exactly this happened in some European countries in Austria for examble, back in the late 90's. If you don't turn them in and they find out, off into Prison with you. Possession of dangerous assoult weapons.

So please sign that petition and become/renew you NRA membership.

Edit: I heard rumors on the news over in Europe that some of the guns which the government bought back have been sold to other countries for profit which then were used to actually kill people. They only destroyed a small amount of the guns which were bought back in front of the news cameras.

Magelk
12-18-2012, 12:28
Why not?

Now is the time where we have to start to fight for our rights a little more, because the left wing thinks ALL guns and their owners are a spawn of the devil and therefor need to be taken away from us law abiding gun owners because we don't need them, nor do we need 11 and 30 round mags. They think it takes about two minutes to change a mag.

I know, it's just a petiotion which probably doesn't count much, but still it's something. We might get heard when four or five, hopefully more of those petitions reach the White House.

Also, Feinestein with the help of others presented an AWB which doesn't hold a clause which would grand father high cab mags and "assoult weapons" they still think that a semi auto weapon is a assoult weapon. That means that the government would be interested to buy back your mags and assoult weapons for a few dollars. I know, it's sound impossible, but exactly this happened in some European countries in Austria for examble, back in the late 90's. If you don't turn them in and they find out, off into Prison with you. Possession of dangerous assoult weapons.

So please sign that petition and become/renew you NRA membership.

Edit: I heard rumors on the news over in Europe that some of the guns which the government bought back have been sold to other countries for profit which then were used to actually kill people. They only destroyed a small amount of the guns which were bought back in front of the news cameras.

I seriously doubt anyone pays any attention to those petitions at all. And if they do, it's a quick glance and flush it response.
Calling and bugging the crap out of your Senators and Reps is probably much better time spent.

TactiCool
12-18-2012, 12:39
Don't forget to write letters to your reps in Congress, especially if they're dems. I told my dem senator in no uncertain terms that if she did not support my rights I wouldn't support her in the next election. And that is the goal of all politicians, to be reelected.

LL6
12-18-2012, 14:49
I seriously doubt anyone pays any attention to those petitions at all. And if they do, it's a quick glance and flush it response.
Calling and bugging the crap out of your Senators and Reps is probably much better time spent.
I agree about the petitions, but it serves as a protest vote. I have also written my state reps too.

MarcDW
12-18-2012, 17:28
My Mac put the conformation e-mail right in the junk folder! :)

bullittmcqueen
12-20-2012, 11:43
A much better use of your time is to contact your congress-people from your state/district and let them know your true feelings. Make sure to request a reply. This action will go much further than electronically signing a petition.

The left's mind is made up, no petition is going to change it. The only way to stop action going forward is to rally enough votes against legislation.

PLEASE write your congressmen.

WoodenPlank
12-20-2012, 11:47
A much better use of your time is to contact your congress-people from your state/district and let them know your true feelings. Make sure to request a reply. This action will go much further than electronically signing a petition.

The left's mind is made up, no petition is going to change it. The only way to stop action going forward is to rally enough votes against legislation.

PLEASE write your congressmen.

Absolutely. Snail mail, email, phone calls... let them hear your opinion.