Will grown-ups ever regain control? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Will grown-ups ever regain control?

Skyhook
12-18-2012, 06:46
Straight from Bloomberg's backyard.. 2013 contract cancelled...

:shakehead:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/12/17/westchester-town-supervisor-wants-countys-annual-gun-show-canceled-in-wake-of-newtown-rampage/

Paul7
12-18-2012, 08:13
That will stop the next mass shooting.

/Sarcasm off

Skyhook
12-18-2012, 10:02
That will stop the next mass shooting.

/Sarcasm off

Precisely.
What should be firm adult leadership has morphed into gramma's
touchy-feely garden walk through the flower garden.

Those idiots are riding on 100% emotional fluff and the solutions- the REAL solutions- will be once more relegated to the toy dept managers.

Absolutely NOTHING is being done to prevent more slaughter of innocents. Nothing.

pugman
12-18-2012, 10:12
Its a county building - they can rent to whomever they want..

As long as the county allows said show's permits to be approved when it applies for them for the show to be held at a privately owned building I have no problem with it.

If the forms are filled out correctly, the permits paid for within the timeframe alloted....and then they don't allow the show to go on...THEN WE HAVE A PROBLEM.

Skyhook
12-18-2012, 12:23
Its a county building - they can rent to whomever they want..

As long as the county allows said show's permits to be approved when it applies for them for the show to be held at a privately owned building I have no problem with it.

If the forms are filled out correctly, the permits paid for within the timeframe alloted....and then they don't allow the show to go on...THEN WE HAVE A PROBLEM.

Oh, sure, and since the New Black Panthers advocate VIOLENCE against whites, for instance, do you think the city *fathers* would have the jewels to forbid that group? I doubt it. :upeyes:

Or, how about a CAIR convention...

The Gun Show crowd is proven to be a peaceful lot with $$ for the community... the decision was purely a brainless, emotional one, IMHO.

DonGlock26
12-18-2012, 13:20
They Babyboomers have reached their maximum destructive power. I don't know if we will survive as the nation we know and love.

PBR Sailor
12-18-2012, 13:21
Discipline and respect are not the enemies of good child rearing.

Ringo S.
12-18-2012, 13:51
[QUOTE=Skyhook;19749185]Will grown-ups ever regain control?/QUOTE]

Only if they use corporal punishment to misbehaving children...

barbedwiresmile
12-18-2012, 14:21
They Babyboomers have reached their maximum destructive power.

I hope you are correct, but I fear they have plenty more destruction yet to wreak.

DustyJacket
12-18-2012, 14:34
Think or the tons of beef jerky that will go unsold.....

DustyJacket
12-18-2012, 14:37
They Babyboomers have reached their maximum destructive power. I don't know if we will survive as the nation we know and love.
And what is wrong with babyboomers? :cool:

amazon
12-18-2012, 15:19
>>The County Center is a government-owned building.
“It’s totally inappropriate to have a gun show in a government building. People have a right to purchase guns but there’s nothing in the Constitution that says that people should purchase guns in a taxpayer-funded building,” Greenburgh town supervisor Paul Feiner told WCBS 880 before the county announced the gun show was canceled."

Seriously? WTF! What a pansie. If I were the promoter, I'd sue their asses off. It's owned by the county, hence public. That is, not private. They have the same right to rent it was anyone else. They are not doing anything illegal holding a gun/knife show.

Skyhook
12-18-2012, 15:23
>>The County Center is a government-owned building.
“It’s totally inappropriate to have a gun show in a government building. People have a right to purchase guns but there’s nothing in the Constitution that says that people should purchase guns in a taxpayer-funded building,” Greenburgh town supervisor Paul Feiner told WCBS 880 before the county announced the gun show was canceled."

Seriously? WTF! What a pansie. If I were the promoter, I'd sue their asses off. It's owned by the county, hence public. That is, not private. They have the same right to rent it was anyone else. They are not doing anything illegal holding a gun/knife show.

Excellent point. Not that those in charge will even give that a thought. It's FEELINGS, remember?:faint:

Skyhook
12-18-2012, 15:25

I can't help wondering what percentage of 'boomers' are drug-addled, 1960s losers.

Seriously.