Budget Deal Nears... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Budget Deal Nears...

evlbruce
12-18-2012, 07:53
...more taxes, more spending, more debt. ('http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/obama-boehner-meet-as-debt-talks-intensify/2012/12/17/6b43c24a-4868-11e2-b6f0-e851e741d196_print.html') Just what I'd expect from President 0 and ol' Weepy.

pugman
12-18-2012, 08:16
You ever watch a horror movie when the stupid, hot, white girl wearing a bra and panties approaches the door to the basement where the noise is coming from with the butcher knife and your screaming "Get the h*ll out of the house...run."

This is now the federal government...they are this stupid (and none of them probably look this good in said attire..ewwww)

"he is seeking $1.2 trillion over the next decade" (in additional revenue)

Are these guys really this stupid? They are predicting trillion dollar deficits till the end of the decade and they want an additional trillion in revenue over ten years?

These guys have no idea what the word save means.

"Obama also gave ground on a key Republican demand — applying a less-generous measure of inflation across the federal government. That change would save about $225 billion over the next decade"

$22.5 billion dollars a year in cuts in benefits? $22 billion equates to a week's worth of interest on the national debt. If I'm overspending by $1 trillion dollars a year...then cut it by $100 billion...am I "saving" a hundred billion a year?

evlbruce
12-18-2012, 08:52
That's the thing, what's being "cut" are expected expansions of government. It's like saying that you're going to loose weight by adding two pounds over the holidays instead of five.

aircarver
12-18-2012, 10:37
I continue to be dismayed by all the too-do made about this 'bail out the ocean with a teaspoon' effort.

I will continue my efforts to take over the Republicans with Tea-Partiers.

If that fails make the Tea Party an actual party. The 'Perot' result aside, the commies are in charge of almost everything now, and it all unravels with the next Maobama SCOTUS appointment ... :frown:

GAFinch
12-18-2012, 10:57
It's not just Boehner caving - other House members and establishment pundits have caved as well. The Democrat-Media machine is saying that they're acknowledging tax cuts have been harmful, which means that the GOP will never be able to lower taxes in the future. Watch how everyone ends up voting. If they approve the budget deal and already know that they'll face voter wrath in the primaries, they'll probably end up caving on amnesty, AWB, and other issues, since they have nothing to lose.