Local Distributor Sells Out! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Local Distributor Sells Out!

BamaBud
12-18-2012, 16:38
I called a local distributor of Bushmaster ARs yesterday at 2:00pm. I was interested in a particular model and was told they had 127 in stock but "they were going fast."

They had hundreds of each model that they stocked (at least a dozen variants) according to their website. In total, more than 1000 Bushmasters rifles in stock at 2:00pm..

When I went on line last night at 7:00pm, they were SOLD OUT of ALL of them!!! :faint:

I called today again and verified that they were sold out.

Unreal. :wow:

KalashniKEV
12-18-2012, 17:10
I've never heard of anyone actually wanting to buy a Bushmaster before.

Interesting...

hotpig
12-18-2012, 17:14
Not just BM it is all of the brands. If you think you are going to bite the bullet and buy one next payday you are going to be left out.

Hugo R
12-18-2012, 17:28
Even here in kommiefornia all of the Kaliforniacation compliant guns are gone. Lowers and uppers are disappearing. High cap mags are going fast too.

I was in a store this morning when their sister store in Colorado text in a picture of their empty vault. We called GT Distributors in Austin, TX and they are OUT of AR's.

My partners at work are shaking their heads in disbelief. I am shaking my head at their disbelief. I 'told them so' right after the Aurora, CO shooting this would happen.

Better stock up on ammo too. That's next IMHO.

HR:cool:

Ruggles
12-18-2012, 18:06
Even here in kommiefornia all of the Kaliforniacation compliant guns are gone. Lowers and uppers are disappearing. High cap mags are going fast too.

I was in a store this morning when their sister store in Colorado text in a picture of their empty vault. We called GT Distributors in Austin, TX and they are OUT of AR's.

My partners at work are shaking their heads in disbelief. I am shaking my head at their disbelief. I 'told them so' right after the Aurora, CO shooting this would happen.

Better stock up on ammo too. That's next IMHO.

HR:cool:

Not sure if the ammo issue is not already here to be honest. :rofl:

Gunnut 45/454
12-18-2012, 18:25
I saw two AR's in my Wally World! They were still there today!:whistling:

Jason D
12-18-2012, 19:16

Interesting...

I for one have several.
Though they are real Bushmasters, and not the Remington ones.
They were thee rifle for Highpower back only a short few years ago. Quality wise they were much better than the Colts of the time.

I have seen some of the newer ones here recently. They are rougher looking, but still feel decent. My Dad bought a new Carbon 15 M4A3 type rifle here a few weeks back. Purchased against my advice I must add. It's an odd looking gun that feels way to light. We've run close to 2000 rounds through it and not only is it accurate, it's also reliable.

Not one single malfunction.
It does not however want to drop magazines free, though they are coming out easier and easier every magazine full.

My opinion of the gun is this.

For a cheap gun you could do a lot worse.
I'd buy one myself if I could get it for the 600 dollar price he paid. Shooting this gun makes the think a lot of the info out there on them is just plain bullflop.

mgs
12-18-2012, 19:30
I saw two AR's in my Wally World! They were still there today!:whistling:

It does seem odd but some people won't want to own one. I have 6....kind of like golf clubs. Each has a purpose.

banger
12-18-2012, 19:31

Interesting...

The mysteries deepen....

Like you, I just don't understand wanting one.

Although....I have HEARD of "good ones"....

Never seen one....but, I have heard of them.

Then again, I have HEARD of Unicorns and Big Foot.

A place I worked, bought six full auto M-4's....Every single one had SEVERE problems, broken bolt, unable to zero, numerous failure to feeds, broken extractor.etc.,

Not all on every single one, but a significant problem with each.

Total junk!

BTW, these were "Bushmaster" from Windham Maine, not Remington.

mgs
12-18-2012, 19:45
I've built many AR's on many lowers with many parts. Original Bushmaster lowers and parts were all spot on and mil spec. I have two....one in 5.56 and one in 7.62. Nicest finish of them all. Uppers are another story. I sent two back and they came back perfect and sighted in. They are both very reliable now. Both Colts I have show plenty of machine marks and commercial parts....in no way mil spec. I even have a build on an Eagle Arms/Armalite lower that is nicer than Colt. I'm not a DPMS lower fan but they make great/accurate barrels. My 20"scoped 5.56 with Phantom flash hider cuts one hole 5 shot groups. It's all about the correct parts working together.

GLJones
12-19-2012, 00:02
My old Bushmaster AR-15 has zero issues and the build quality is excellent. I have had it about 10 years. Been a very good performer.

MajorD
12-19-2012, 09:58
My local gun shop ( one of the largest in ny) usually has a rack of about 15 AR'S with stockage of 10 or more in boxes of the same on the floor. Stopped there yesterday and they were out of them. One counter guy said they sold over 90 rifles on Saturday alone. The only semi 223's they had left were a single ruger mini 14 and a Benelli - both sold in the 20 minutes or so I was in the store. Glad I have a few ar's no need for more. I even have a Remington 7615 pump in case I have to give up the semi's
Once again a bad incident plus Obama in the house increase gun sales

fuzzy03cls
12-19-2012, 11:57
I just need a lower to build. Have a few uppers that would be nice to have a dedicated lower for.

cowboy1964
12-19-2012, 13:36
I was following three BM auctions on gunbroker today that end Sunday. Bids were up to $800ish as of last night. Just checked and all three have been ended at full price ($1249)!

Dreamliner787
12-19-2012, 13:41
Even the ugly girls will eventually get someone to dance with them. A Bushy vs. not having anything at all, nothing to think about there.

Jason D
12-19-2012, 16:55
I just need a lower to build. Have a few uppers that would be nice to have a dedicated lower for.

I just snapped up two more today.
I was told they were the last two in the store. I waited in line three hours just to get them. At least I had the presence of mind to put a down payment on them last Monday.

Even the crappy R-guns and Para lowers were gone from the other day.

gtrcivic
12-19-2012, 19:22
i lucked out and picked up 2 troys at DSG the week of BF sale. Prepaid for them and picked them up 12 days later. Good thing my two were the first that they got in from the distributor in Georgia. Wonder if the rest of those who prepaid on the BF deal are still gettting their troys.

Ruggles
12-19-2012, 21:57
"Beggers can't be choosers" rings true here. Buy what you find or wait a few months at least I think is the case these days.

pnutcar
12-19-2012, 22:16
My bro bought his first AR last night! He's been wanting one since he shot mine, and yesterday was the day. The shop said that his rep told him that there have been 78k sold nation wide since Friday. They were cleaned out of ARs; he bought 2nd to last one. No pmags anywhere either.

glock031
12-19-2012, 23:03
PSA received over 2,300 orders in one day ,yesterday.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_301/228057_Would_PSA_be_willing_to_post_order_count_.html

TangoFoxtrot
12-20-2012, 05:30
My LGS is sold out of ever AR they had with back orders pending......223 ammo forget it!

AZson
12-20-2012, 19:34
Try backpage.com for used ones.

SpectreRider
12-20-2012, 22:26
M&A Parts, an IL based company that sells AR kits (everything but the stripped lower included) normally stocks well over a dozen variations at any one time is now sold out of every .223 chambered kit except for 20 inch chrome lined a4 style. I was looking at their website over the last few days thinking of getting kits to complete my stripped lowers that I, like so many of us, have tucked away in my safe.

Didn't notice anything unusual as late as this morning when I once again toyed with going ahead with my purchase and actually put a number (not sayin how many) of 16" m4 1:7 twist kits in my "shopping cart". But I didn't buy this morning.

This afternoon I returned home from some Christmas shopping with my wife and found that the m4 1:7 was sold out. I then looked at the 20" heavy stainless steel bbl varmint variation that I had been thinking of and saw that it too was sold out. I bought m4 kits in a 1:9 twist instead ($545 each). Two hours later it was sold out as well.

pMags are selling at auction on GB, 5 for $200 and up.

EDIT TO ADD: Now seeing pMags going at auction for $80.00 and up per mag. ADDED NEXT DAY: Prices have settled to around 40-45 dollars per pMag

Everything is selling out, everywhere.

Ban or no ban, the gun market, at least the things that were affected by the last ban, are going to get crazy, pricewise, for a while.

SilverBullet_83
12-21-2012, 18:38
My lfs said hes not even takig back orders on them now. He cant say when they will be in. And he is selling all his "evil" stuff as soon as it comes in