MI GOV CAVES; Vetoes elimination of gun-free zones [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : MI GOV CAVES; Vetoes elimination of gun-free zones

beforeobamabans
12-18-2012, 18:55
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324907204578187754139800208.html

What a*****. Snyder gets the GOP jello backbone award.

Thanis
12-18-2012, 19:24
I hear you, and I am disappointed. However, if he wanted to be re-elected, in consideration of current events, if he voted it in, he may have lost his position, and we might have ended up with someone very anti-2A.

No matter how stupid it is to not allow a registered CPL law abiding citizen to CC a firearm knowing criminals will not follow the law, you have to be a realist, and know this would be hard to pass right now.

beforeobamabans
12-18-2012, 19:38
I hear you, and I am disappointed. However, if he wanted to be re-elected, in consideration of current events, if he voted it in, he may have lost his position, and we might have ended up with someone very anti-2A.

No matter how stupid it is to not allow a registered CPL law abiding citizen to CC a firearm knowing criminals will not follow the law, you have to be a realist, and know this would be hard to pass right now.

You don't seem to get it. This law passed both houses of the Michigan statehouse. The heavy lifting was done. All Snyder had to do was sign it and it was law. He could have stood up and said, "I am proud to take this immediate action to greatly improve the security of our children in our public schools. We welcome the help of all Michiganders in defense of our children. We are confident with this new law that Michigan will immediately be known as the most dangerous place for lone-wolf gunmen to attack. Our message is clearly, we will fight fire with fire."

Deployment Solu
12-18-2012, 21:25
Veto the Governor!!!! Remove him from office!!!!

Thanis
12-18-2012, 23:51
I did not vote for the guy in the first place, think I wrote in "mickey mouse."

Still, no point being skewed on an issue. Right now, it is bad timing. We have some good 2a laws on the books in MI (and yes, it is a mixed bag concerning MI CPL, but still workable).

If he would have passed the bill, I might have been more likely to vote for him, but I see the bigger picture.

Will admit is is going to be a while before something like this might be possible to pass in MI, the opportunity was there, and could be gone for a long while.

Foxtrotx1
12-19-2012, 00:21
Yeah the timing is just terrible. He would have looked horrible to many an independent voter. I can't blame him. If he lost the election, as stated above, he could have given the seat to an anti.

Some of you guys need to learn tact.

TDC20
12-19-2012, 00:31
He could have stood up and said, "I am proud to take this immediate action to greatly improve the security of our children in our public schools. We welcome the help of all Michiganders in defense of our children. We are confident with this new law that Michigan will immediately be known as the most dangerous place for lone-wolf gunmen to attack. Our message is clearly, we will fight fire with fire."
This would have been a great speech from a man of character and conviction. Unfortunately, by the time a politician rises to the ranks of Gov/Congressman/Senator, their balls have shriveled and just about fallen off. I won't hold my breath waiting for a real leader to rise through the morass of government polidiots. Anyone who is smart enough and has fine character and convictions is too smart to get involved in politics today.

Radam3
12-19-2012, 00:36
It was there for him to sign before the event in CT happened! A real let down in my eyes

"No more judgement day
Only tranquility
Peace signs, protest lines
Mean nothing to me"

beforeobamabans
12-19-2012, 02:18
Yeah the timing is just terrible. He would have looked horrible to many an independent voter. I can't blame him. If he lost the election, as stated above, he could have given the seat to an anti.

Some of you guys need to learn tact.

Might as well give it to an anti. What's the difference? He literally had a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to take the RKBA to the next level, show national leadership in a time where emotion threatens freedom and what does he do? He completely chickens out. Somebody needs to have the cojones to stand up for our rights and the common sense solution of ratcheting up security on-site.

barbedwiresmile
12-19-2012, 06:28
Snyder gets the GOP jello backbone award.

That's a very competitive pageant...

Thanis
12-19-2012, 17:50
...What's the difference? ...

2A moderate supporter may not increase the value of a cpl, but you will not lose ground.

Anti-2A will support legislation against must-issue and castle law. It can get so bad, like in some states, that regardless of the laws on the books, cpls are denied for frivolous reasons. Nuances of the castle doctrines are so often litigated by the support of governor's minions that based on the likely legal costs you are in a defacto duty to retreat reality. Where there could be support to create a sales tax of $.25 placed on every round.

Overall we live in a solid 2A supporting state. But we also live in a state where that can change fast.