"Magpul not shipping anymore mags" [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : "Magpul not shipping anymore mags"

B_RAD
12-18-2012, 21:45
A worker at Cabelas told me this about an hour ago.

I've also heard that other retailers are "pulling" rifles from shelves.

Midway USA website says "Discontinued by Manufacturer"

Oh boy..... Let the price hikes begin....

By the way I know I'm :deadhorse: here.

Just wondering why Magpul has stopped shiping?

Ruggles
12-18-2012, 21:49
Hmmm interesting. Maybe stopped shipping due to not having any to ship? Not sure but I find it hard to think they are not making any more.

smokin762
12-18-2012, 21:52
We went through this back when B.O. was elected the first time around. Then after last week, man people are jumping in with both feet. I can only hope it make the firearm community stronger.

WoodenPlank
12-18-2012, 21:53
The guy at Cabelas was full of it. Direct statement from Magpul earlier today...

"We've received a lot of comments about some retailers charging extremely high prices for our products. We strongly discourage pricing strategies like this with our direct customers, as we just don't feel right about it. Those retailers who are buying through distribution, and not direct, may be worried about supply and reacting to the market with this pricing increase. We are firm believers in free capitalism, and as long as no one is damaging market value through their pricing strategy, we will allow the market to correct this situation, as it appears it already is. We intend to continue to produce and sell our products to support the MSRPs we have set. Magazines will continue to flow to those retailers, distributors, and OEM customers with whom we have direct relationships."

Ruggles
12-18-2012, 21:56
The guy at Cabelas was full of it. Direct statement from Magpul earlier today...

"We've received a lot of comments about some retailers charging extremely high prices for our products. We strongly discourage pricing strategies like this with our direct customers, as we just don't feel right about it. Those retailers who are buying through distribution, and not direct, may be worried about supply and reacting to the market with this pricing increase. We are firm believers in free capitalism, and as long as no one is damaging market value through their pricing strategy, we will allow the market to correct this situation, as it appears it already is. We intend to continue to produce and sell our products to support the MSRPs we have set. Magazines will continue to flow to those retailers, distributors, and OEM customers with whom we have direct relationships."

Sure go ahead and kill a thread that could got 100s of replies and pissed off a bunch of people with your truth and facts...:rofl:

WoodenPlank
12-18-2012, 21:57
Sure go ahead and kill a thread that could got 100s of replies and pissed off a bunch of people with your truth and facts...:rofl:

Don't worry, someone will be along shortly to say they didn't sat that. Never mind the fact that it was on their facebook page and shared by a Magpul employee. :whistling:

Ruggles
12-18-2012, 21:59
Don't worry, someone will be along shortly to say they didn't sat that. Never mind the fact that it was on their facebook page and shared by a Magpul employee. :whistling:

Well I heard that Winchester, Federal and Remington were going to load their 5.56 and .223 ammo so it had a max range of 23 feet. :whistling:

B_RAD
12-18-2012, 21:59

:rofl:

B_RAD
12-18-2012, 22:01

Thanks for posting this. Good to know that MP isn't taking advantage of this tragedy!

Though, it's is interesting that MW USA's website says MFR discontiued.

B_RAD
12-18-2012, 22:02
Well I heard that Winchester, Federal and Remington were going to load their 5.56 and .223 ammo so it had a max range of 23 feet. :whistling:

:wow: Are you serious!?

Kidding. Funny!

Ruggles
12-18-2012, 22:08
:wow: Are you serious!?

Kidding. Funny!

I am serious but cause I am that kinda of guy I will trade you 500 rounds of the good old ammo I have for 1000 rounds of that crappy new ammo you can buy + say $500 in a swap.

PM me.... :supergrin:

B_RAD
12-18-2012, 22:17
Deleted.

TSAX
12-18-2012, 22:19

Thanks for posting this

:50cal:

TeeJay37
12-18-2012, 22:22
Thunder Ranch reported on their Facebook page that CTD just upped their PMag price to 65 bucks a piece, though I haven't verified. Sheesh, why must they take advantage of people like this?

recon
12-18-2012, 22:39
Just found this one only. It's high.
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/MAG-079

SpringerTGO
12-18-2012, 22:54
I read that the only ammo we will be able to buy will be rubber bullets in 5 round magazines. They will be serial numbered, and we will need a permit to buy them. We are also going to have to show why we need a rubber bullet as opposed to a bible for self defense.

Boot Stomper
12-18-2012, 23:11
A worker at Cabelas told me this about an hour ago.

I've also heard that other retailers are "pulling" rifles from shelves.

Midway USA website says "Discontinued by Manufacturer"

Oh boy..... Let the price hikes begin....

By the way I know I'm :deadhorse: here.

Just wondering why Magpul has stopped shiping?

Do NOT freak out. I was advised by a dealer that Magpul is redesigning the AR-15 30 round magazines. This is why they are being "discontinued". The new design should be showing up in gun shops soon. The reason given for the redesign was a problem with use in the FN SCAR. Apparently the FN SCAR was destroying the Magpul magazines when used properly in the rifle. WHY?? I asked. The dealer did not know, but he said the shape of the new magazines will be more square at the bottom.

WoodenPlank
12-18-2012, 23:16
Do NOT freak out. I was advised by a dealer that Magpul is redesigning the AR-15 30 round magazines. This is why they are being "discontinued". The new design should be showing up in gun shops soon. The reason given for the redesign was a problem with use in the FN SCAR. Apparently the FN SCAR was destroying the Magpul magazines when used properly in the rifle. WHY?? I asked. The dealer did not know, but he said the shape of the new magazines will be more square at the bottom.

They're called M3 PMAGs, and they have been out for a few weeks already. The shape of the cutout for the bolt catch was changed to work better with the SCAR, and the shape of the main body was tweaked a bit to work in the HK416 magazine well, plus a few other changes.

Biggest down side was that the dust covers no longer snap to the bottom. The M2 is being renamed the "MOE PMAG" and will continue to ship for the ~$12.50 price point, but will no longer come with dust covers once current stocks are exhausted.

Made in Austria
12-18-2012, 23:20
I just took a look around. Cheaper than dirt seems to be the only well known online gun store right now with such outrageous prices on bulk ammo and certain mags. I liked to buy gun stuff from them, but not anymore. I'll buy my crap somewhere else in future.

WinterWizard
12-19-2012, 00:00
I was in my local Cabela's today. They had only a few Pmags in stock, at the normal price of about $15 a piece. They usually have buttloads, probably a hundred or more Pmags on the rack. Don't know if people are buying them up or supply is behind. Probably a little of both.

Ironically, big chain retailers have some of the best prices on ammo and mags right now. A lot of internet retailers are price gouging badly.

Happypuppy
12-19-2012, 00:09
I just ordered some Gen 2 30 rd pmags from botech.com @$12.0 ea
They are still available

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

FishyOne
12-19-2012, 02:19
IF a new AWB is enacted and mags over 10rds are illegal to manufacture/distribute, can people who own them legally sell them?

jb1911
12-19-2012, 07:16
I was at Cabelas in Hammond yesterday and they had a butt load of Pmags on their shelves at the same price they've always sold them for.

PS Don't believe anyone at Cabelas tells you about anything.

B_RAD
12-19-2012, 07:25
PS Don't believe anyone at Cabelas tells you about anything.

I don't. I was just posting what I was told. They were sold out of every AR mag of any kind. All the AR rifles and striped receivers were gone as well. I'm going to wait a couple months and clean up when all these people sell all this stuff.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

burttrans
12-19-2012, 11:30
I just ordered some Gen 2 30 rd pmags from botech.com @$12.0 ea
They are still available

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I too just order 4 at $12.30 each for pmags and also Glock 33 rounders all from Bo(tach) they have been great in the past great prices and fast shipping.

dkf
12-19-2012, 12:03
For the most part the people that work at Cabela's are clueless. I have heard this stuff before from Cabela's employees and people whom heard it from a Cabela's employee and it is rarely true.

Magpul probably is wrapping up shipments this week for the year and will begin new shipments after the new year. Or else they believe we are all going to die on Friday so no need to ship more mags.:rofl:

G17 Zombie Blaster
12-19-2012, 19:29
As of 30 seconds ago Midway said Out of Stock Back Order OK. Meaning they are taking backorders.

mgs
12-19-2012, 19:47

Thanks for the info! Magpul will not let us down. They are real men. Plenty of panicing Morons right now spreading rumors. Sorry you did not see it coming.

GAFinch
12-19-2012, 21:42
IF a new AWB is enacted and mags over 10rds are illegal to manufacture/distribute, can people who own them legally sell them?

Yes, unless they include a registration mechanism, or a confiscation of pre-existing mags.

WoodenPlank
12-19-2012, 21:45
Yes, unless they include a registration mechanism, or a confiscation of pre-existing mags.

How do you register magazines when they don't have serial numbers?

How are you gonna confiscate magazines when there are no serious records of who has what?

WHO would be doing the confiscating?

Again, people need to stop jumping at ****ing shadows, or running around like Chicken Little.

DreamWeaver88
12-19-2012, 22:14
Here's a deal if you are REALLY, REALLY looking to stock up on mags. Not Magpul's....but they have Magpul followers.

http://shop.fostertacticalgear.com/100-Pack-of-Black-Teflon-30rd-AR15-M16-w-MAGPUL-Follower-MA-02DSGB100.htm

vettely
12-19-2012, 22:48
Here's a deal if you are REALLY, REALLY looking to stock up on mags. Not Magpul's....but they have Magpul followers.

http://shop.fostertacticalgear.com/100-Pack-of-Black-Teflon-30rd-AR15-M16-w-MAGPUL-Follower-MA-02DSGB100.htm
Wow..

mgs
12-20-2012, 06:34
Just got 20 from DSG for $178.

camelotkid
12-20-2012, 07:54
how did you get them for that low? that is cheaper than their holiday sale 10/$100

Gunnut 45/454
12-20-2012, 10:59
FishyOne
Nope the New AWB says your a felon if you do! You'll not even be able to give them away! Your kids can't inheret them either! When you die your AR's, Mags ect have to be destroyed! No face to face sales- all sales through FFL's. Welcome to Obama's America!:steamed:

Nutt51
12-20-2012, 11:12

Did you get Magpul or another make.

As of now, all Pmags at DSG are out of stock.

WoodenPlank
12-20-2012, 11:16
FishyOne
Nope the New AWB says your a felon if you do! You'll not even be able to give them away! Your kids can't inheret them either! When you die your AR's, Mags ect have to be destroyed! No face to face sales- all sales through FFL's. Welcome to Obama's America!:steamed:

...and what AWB is this? Feinstein's bill won't even be introduced until January, and the one put in two days afo didn't have any information viewable online as of last night. Please stop jumping to conclusions.

GAFinch
12-20-2012, 21:09
How do you register magazines when they don't have serial numbers?

How are you gonna confiscate magazines when there are no serious records of who has what?

WHO would be doing the confiscating?

Again, people need to stop jumping at ****ing shadows, or running around like Chicken Little.

You tell them how many magazines you have of each size. ATF does random checks of home gun safes to verify your stated number of mags like they do with Class 3 weapons. I'm not saying this is going to happen, just that it's a possibility. New Jersey's AWB, like Britain's or Australia's, banned/confiscated pre-existing mags and weapons.

Glockdude1
12-20-2012, 21:19
You tell them how many magazines you have of each size. ATF does random checks of home gun safes to verify your stated number of mags like they do with Class 3 weapons. I'm not saying this is going to happen, just that it's a possibility. New Jersey's AWB, like Britain's or Australia's, banned/confiscated pre-existing mags and weapons.

One of many NFA myths.......

Ruggles
12-20-2012, 22:37
Random house to house gun safe audits? Door to door checks for illegal magazines? Confiscation of 10s of millions of firearms, again door to door in most cases? All by the federal government?

And people really believe this is possible? Are they going to sub contract this out to somebody cause they sure are not capable of doing it themselves :)

nmk
12-20-2012, 22:50
FishyOne

Take a breath.

WoodenPlank
12-20-2012, 22:54

No, they don't. Not for private owners on a Form 1/4, anyway.

rauldduke1979
12-20-2012, 23:52
Random house to house gun safe audits? Door to door checks for illegal magazines? Confiscation of 10s of millions of firearms, again door to door in most cases? All by the federal government?

And people really believe this is possible? Are they going to sub contract this out to somebody cause they sure are not capable of doing it themselves :)

Aren't they laying off a not-insignificant percentage of the federal workforce as part of the fiscal cliff?

How does a bankrupt government do confiscation?

rilkil23
12-20-2012, 23:57
Will they set a specific time to inventory my magazines or will they give me a "window" of time when they will arrive?

Leper
12-21-2012, 03:50

It's good to know that Magpul isn't encouraging the current fleecing of those in a panic. I now full forgive them for the ACR debacle. :cool:

fusegsp
12-22-2012, 05:13
Will they set a specific time to inventory my magazines or will they give me a "window" of time when they will arrive?Uh-oh. You just said "window." Now you've probably been flagged as an owner of windowed P-Mags. Listen for the knock.:rofl:Crap. I just said window too.

TangoFoxtrot
12-22-2012, 07:12

If this did happen, a nationwide confiscation there would be a civil war. Do you realize how many thousands of guns and ammo are out there in the U.S.?

Glockdude1
12-22-2012, 09:30
If this did happen, a nationwide confiscation there would be a civil war. Do you realize how many MILLIONS of guns and ammo are out there in the U.S.?

Fixd it for ya........ :cool:

ca survivor
12-22-2012, 12:02
friend of mine just paid $56.00 for a MagPul mag.

CA Escapee
12-22-2012, 12:19
I was at Jensen Arms in Loveland, Colorado yesterday and bought two new 20 round aluminum A.S.C. mags at $11.95 each. They also have 30 round A.S.C. mags, too for $12.95/ea.

Jensen's does have a two mag limit.

A salesman said they are in tight with Magpul and have 7,000 PMags coming in.

I just saw someone selling 30 round Magpul's on a the Rocky Mountain Gun Owner's website for $60/ea.

Bill

tampashooters
12-22-2012, 15:06
Magpul also came out with a statement saying that they are going to only produce Black PMAGs for a while so they don't have to stop and re-dye... They can just crank them out.