Biden to head gun policy push after Newtown shootings [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Biden to head gun policy push after Newtown shootings

DOC44
12-19-2012, 06:00
Biden to head gun policy push after Newtown shootings

President Barack Obama will announce on Wednesday that Vice President Joe Biden will lead an effort to come up with policies to address gun violence amid calls for action following the massacre of 26 people including 20 children in a Connecticut elementary school last week.

The president is not expected to announce policy decisions but rather lay out the process by which his administration will move forward, White House aides said.

http://news.yahoo.com/biden-head-gun-policy-push-newtown-shootings-110349422--finance.html

Doc44

callihan_44
12-19-2012, 06:10
our local democrats have assured us in the past this admin is gun friendly

DOC44
12-19-2012, 06:14

just one of many lies.

Doc44

barbedwiresmile
12-19-2012, 06:17
This headline reads like a punchline.

mattallamerican
12-19-2012, 06:19
a dumbey with dum ideas very fitting

walt cowan
12-19-2012, 07:37
biden? that can only help us.

HarleyGuy
12-19-2012, 11:03
Keep in mind that Biden was behind the smearing of the-late Robert Bork when he was nominated for a seat on SCOTUS.

ChuteTheMall
12-19-2012, 11:07
With Biden, we are likely to get a ban on snug.

JFrame
12-19-2012, 11:09
I guess there's a certain symmetry to having an idiot try to spearhead idiotic legislation.

DOC44
12-19-2012, 12:18
listened to obama's "press conference"...... the sheep wet their pants I'm sure.... he did not use the term "assault weapon" but called them as military style guns..... sounds like they are going after them big time... biden looked like an idiot.... wonder why...............oh, never mind.

Doc44

jeanderson
12-19-2012, 12:24
I agree with the Fox News analysis of this. A presidential commission is a way of essentially punting on the issue, with no real action. Add to that the fact the Biden is leading it, and you've got a show about nothing.

DOC44
12-19-2012, 12:35
Obama set January deadline for gun proposals

WASHINGTON (AP) — Spurred by a horrific elementary school shooting, President Barack Obama tasked his administration Wednesday with creating concrete proposals to reduce gun violence that has plagued the country.

"This time, the words need to lead to action," said Obama, who set a January deadline for the recommendations. He vowed to push for their implementation without delay.

The president, who exerted little political capital on gun control during his first term, also pressed Congress to reinstate an assault weapons ban, which expired in 2004. He also called for stricter background checks for people who seek to purchase weapons and limited high capacity clips

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-set-january-deadline-gun-proposals-173610698--finance.html

Doc44

series1811
12-19-2012, 13:25

Yes, waiting for the "centrists/truth squadders/DUers" to come in and tell us that this is not what it seems.

JFrame
12-19-2012, 13:44

Yes, waiting for the "centrists/truth squadders/DUers" to come in and tell us that this is not what it seems.

It seems to me that their tack -- such as it is -- is that Romney would have been "just as bad." :upeyes: In other words, always deflect any responsibility from what your democrat brethren are doing...

It also seems to me that we have a new corps of democrat plants "firearm aficionados" who are saying "it's time" we surrendered some gun rights... :whistling:

Snowman92D
12-19-2012, 20:11
I guess there's a certain symmetry to having an idiot try to spearhead idiotic legislation.

Couldn't agree more.

Chuck TX
12-19-2012, 20:44
It seems to me that their tack -- such as it is -- is that Romney would have been "just as bad." :upeyes: In other words, always deflect any responsibility from what your democrat brethren are doing...

It also seems to me that we have a new corps of democrat plants "firearm aficionados" who are saying "it's time" we surrendered some gun rights... :whistling:

Yeah, I noticed that too.

The call of the Quisling, "Romney would do the same." :upeyes: