Wislon CQB or Nighthawk Falcon [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Wislon CQB or Nighthawk Falcon

ajgranda
12-19-2012, 09:38
Hi,

OK, here we go again. I was just about to purchase the Nighthawk Falcon when a Wilson CQB came available. Dealer said the Wilson would cost the same. MSRP is about $200 higher for the Nighthawk though. Dealer said Wilsons are more in demand.

The Wilson somes with only a few upgrade. Rounded butt, crowned and recessed barrel, silver medallions and Walnut grips. Also has FCS, which I'm not a big fan of, but at least they are not sharp like others.

The NHC comes fully loaded adding three ball-radius cuts run the full length of the slide top, the rear cocking serrations are a series of eight ball radius cuts per side instead of our normal serration pattern. The rear of the slide is hand-serrated at 40lpi which matches the rear of the Heinie Ledge Sight. The barrel bushing is an extra thick variety which is chamfered around the edges. The front of the slide has carry cuts and all parts are forged from bar stock.

I think the Wilson would carry a little better because of the rounded butt. The Nighthawk has the rounded on piece magwell which helps with printing, but only when compared to the usual 2 piece. I also
prefer Wilson's standard sights since I'm a little farsighted now.

Opinions appreciated, thanks.

glock2740
12-19-2012, 13:34
Between those two, I'd go with the Falcon. I have a CQB and like it alot. Between my CQB and a Falcon...that would be a hard decision. But my CQB is spec'd out more to my liking than that one.