W.C. Bulletproof ambi-safety. Does it even exist? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : W.C. Bulletproof ambi-safety. Does it even exist?

ERASER
12-19-2012, 13:20
Being left-handed, I've been looking for the Wilson Combat Bulletproof ambidextrous safety since reading glowing reviews of it here.

I have a cheap ambi on the gun now, but (needless to say) it's got a lot of play in it. I don't want to rely on it working properly in a SHTF situation.

Every time I checked Wilson Combat's site, they've had the safety on back-order.

I back-ordered the W.C. bulletproof ambi from Midway USA months ago. Still no word.

AK74play
12-19-2012, 14:01
You should have backordered it from Wilson. You would have it long befor Midway gets theirs in from Wilson. The best way to buy anything from Wilson is directly from them. Their mags have been on sale for 26 to 27 bucks for weeks and still on sale through the holidays while people on the EE are asking 30 + dollars for used ones. When you go looking for anything ALWAYS check with the Manufacturer FIRST. They will answer all your questions and be happy to do it. I understand some will not sell to the public, but Wilson certainly does and they have the best customer service in the industry. I just placed another order with them yesterday and except for the 1 item that was backordered the rest is schedualed to be here tomarrow. As soon as the backordered speed chute comes in they will ship it right out. Give them a call, you will be surprised how helpful they are.

ERASER
12-19-2012, 14:07
Thank you, sir, for the excellent advice!!

I'll pop on over to the Wilson site and see about ordering it.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Ruggles
12-19-2012, 18:43
I think Bill Wilson carves those bulletproof parts by hand himself, outta some super secret metal hunks no less. Take some time :)

I have BP parts (the upgrade) on my CQB and on the Classic I have or order. Seems to me to be worth the extra $. But who knows.

SpringerTGO
12-19-2012, 18:56
Springfield installed a Wilson Bullet Proof safety on my TGO1. It doesn't look the greatest on the TGO, but it sure works well.

glock2740
12-19-2012, 19:46
Since Wilson guarantees all their parts for life, what's the point? BTW, that's straight from a Wilson salesman when I was working up an order.

Ruggles
12-19-2012, 20:33
Since Wilson guarantees all their parts for life, what's the point? BTW, that's straight from a Wilson salesman when I was working up an order.

Good question. For me I would rather it just not break, having it repaired can just suck even if its free. Although my last Wilson repair was painless with them. :dunno:

Honestly the only parts I have ever broken on a 1911 was a thumb safety on a STI. 1911s are pretty tough birds.