GunBroker [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : GunBroker

bobbss
12-19-2012, 17:51
I've been thinking about buying a TRP off of GunBroker,I've wrote 3 sellers to clear a few things up,mostly about what if it shows up not looking factory new.The one that had the best price wrote back but the gun sold before I got the email.I haven't heard from the others and one of them has sold now too.Would you worry much about the condition if it says factory new and they have a good score?The cheaper ones are going fast and I'm thinking prices are only going to get worse with all the talk about gun control.My LGSs say their flying off the shelf.Thanks!

Paul53
12-19-2012, 20:45
I believe the answer you seek is covered by the Gunbroker rules, regulations, terms of service, etc. Have you read them yet?

carguy2244
12-19-2012, 21:09
Good rated sellers are fine. Relax and buy your weapon.

Rinspeed
12-19-2012, 21:21
Years ago Gunbroker used to be awesome, not quite the same now as it used to be.

bobbss
12-19-2012, 21:28
Good rated sellers are fine. Relax and buy your weapon.

Thanks,I've never bought a gun on line before and can't find one local.

bobbss
12-20-2012, 12:31
Thanks everyone,should be a done deal.

bac1023
12-20-2012, 20:32
I never had an issue with buying on GB. I've literally done dozens of transactions.

brianfede
12-20-2012, 21:51
I have never had a problem with gunbroker either. Did you look at Buds? Maybe you would feel more comfortable buying from them.

bobbss
12-21-2012, 09:36
I have never had a problem with gunbroker either. Did you look at Buds? Maybe you would feel more comfortable buying from them.

Yes,I would of felt more comfortable buying from Buds or one of the other big ones but none of them had a TRP in stock.I've already paid for one on GunBroker now,and it should be on it's way.

38 Super Fan
12-21-2012, 09:43
Yes,I would of felt more comfortable buying from Buds or one of the other big ones but none of them had a TRP in stock.I've already paid for one on GunBroker now,and it should be on it's way.
Congrats! You should be fine with GB. :cool:

SigFTW
12-21-2012, 09:44
I have never had a problem from GB, just check out their rating.

bobbss
12-21-2012, 12:44
I have never had a problem from GB, just check out their rating.

The guy I delt with is a FFL with a A+ 249 score and 0 neg.I think I'm ok.

prez1967
12-21-2012, 14:28
I bought my TRP on GB about 2.5 years ago for $1250 shipped factory new! I made an account, found the deal, sent the money order and then my TRP was at my FFL. Dont sweat it if they have good ratings.... If they have no feedback, call them up and have a chat. Remember, everyone starts somewhere.

Rinspeed
12-21-2012, 15:08
If they have no feedback, call them up and have a chat.

Great suggestion, I bought my Sig X-five from a guy with no feedback. I told him I needed his home number, after I had that I could verify who he was. Come to find out the guy was loaded. :faint:

JimIsland
12-21-2012, 15:11
I've bought 3 guns from them in the past 2 months...no issues. Buy your gun and if it makes you feel better, ask for some close up pics. I did and the seller emailed them to me pretty quick.

happy seal
12-21-2012, 18:44
I just bought a NIB TRP on Gunbroker from JST outfitters. It was the only place I could find one. I was worried about all that stuff as well but the deal went flawlessly. I was worried about the FFL maybee doing something but the whole deal went smooth like butter. Go for it. You have recourse if something were to happen, but it wont!

http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac75/happyseal32/DSC09238.jpg

bobbss
12-21-2012, 20:21
I just bought a NIB TRP on Gunbroker from JST outfitters. It was the only place I could find one. I was worried about all that stuff as well but the deal went flawlessly. I was worried about the FFL maybee doing something but the whole deal went smooth like butter. Go for it. You have recourse if something were to happen, but it wont!

http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac75/happyseal32/DSC09238.jpg

Wow!Thats who I bought mine from.Glad to hear it went well.

happy seal
12-22-2012, 13:54
Wow!Thats who I bought mine from.Glad to hear it went well.

He is a great guy! Good ole boy! :wavey: You will have no problems with him. I called him yesterday for another firearm. I will use him for guns when I can! Your gonna love the TRP, it is unreal. Tight, clean, accurate, and perty! But it is heavy. I need to get an outer coat like a long windbreaker to carry OWB.

bobbss
12-22-2012, 16:37
He is a great guy! Good ole boy! :wavey: You will have no problems with him. I called him yesterday for another firearm. I will use him for guns when I can! Your gonna love the TRP, it is unreal. Tight, clean, accurate, and perty! But it is heavy. I need to get an outer coat like a long windbreaker to carry OWB.

He sounded like a good guy when I called him to make payment.Your making my wait seem even longer.lol!This will be my first 1911,and nicest handgun,or should be.lol!

happy seal
12-22-2012, 20:30
He sounded like a good guy when I called him to make payment.Your making my wait seem even longer.lol!This will be my first 1911,and nicest handgun,or should be.lol!

Hey, the TRP was my first 1911 as well.! :cool: Tell me you are 46 and live on the shoreline in CT and you'll really freak me out!

bobbss
12-29-2012, 09:43
My new TRP made it to my FFL yesterday.I went to pick it up and got a delay,which sucks,but at least I got to see the gun and know everything looks right and will be able to pick it up next week.

sharp
12-30-2012, 00:28
I never had an issue with buying on GB. I've literally done dozens of transactions.

My experience on GB mirrors bac1023's. Well except I haven't done dozens of transactions:supergrin:.....a mere 15-20 in my case, mostly purchases, but I have made a couple of sales as well.

glock2740
12-30-2012, 00:50
Gunbroker is this the devil's business. It's evil I tell ya. Run! I wish I'd never used it. :rofl:

prez1967
12-30-2012, 07:19
your welcome Joe :tongueout:

Ruggles
12-30-2012, 12:43
Just placed my first bid on Gun Broker for a gun today. Not a 1911 but a model I once had, sold it and regretted it ever since. Hard to find one so I am going to see if I can get this one for a decent price. It's not a popular one so it should not go too crazy bidding.

Bought a couple of things a few years back on GB but not guns. Had 1 issue where the seller tried to change the shipping cost after the auction. Did not care for that based on principal and since he would not budge I did not pay him. I think that was a rare case though.

Sold a AR upper this week on GB. For the LMT upper, Magpul handguards, MI BUIS and full RRA BCG it sold for $680 which is a fair price and not inflated like a lot of AR things these days. :) That was a good experience so I back using GB after my bad experience years ago. Of course this could end up being a bad thing I guess :)

G26AZ
12-30-2012, 14:33
Can somebody give me Reader's Digest version of how Gun Brokers and other sites like that work?

1) I know you have to ship the firearm to an FFL, but how do you go about shipping it? Stroll into the local UPS and say "I wanna send this shotgun to XYZ gunshop in Podunk?"

2) I assume you must provide the address of a local FFL for them to ship to. How do you go about finding one? What is the average charge they tack on for the privilidge of using their address?

3) How do you pack a gun to ship it? Padded, lockable gun case?

4) Who do you use to ship? Since you can't take a gun in the US Post Office, I assume you have to use Fed Ex or UPS. Is that right?

5) Overall, is it mostly like using Ebay - with the added complication of shipping to and from an FFL?

Thanks - I've been thinking of thinning the collection lately, but don't really want people coming to my house and knowing that its a "Gun House", and telling their friends where to pick up some guns for free during the night, etc. Any and all advice, suggestions, etc are welcome and appreciated!
John

sharp
12-30-2012, 17:41
Can somebody give me Reader's Digest version of how Gun Brokers and other sites like that work?

1) I know you have to ship the firearm to an FFL, but how do you go about shipping it? Stroll into the local UPS and say "I wanna send this shotgun to XYZ gunshop in Podunk?"

2) I assume you must provide the address of a local FFL for them to ship to. How do you go about finding one? What is the average charge they tack on for the privilidge of using their address?

4) Who do you use to ship? Since you can't take a gun in the US Post Office, I assume you have to use Fed Ex or UPS. Is that right?

5) Overall, is it mostly like using Ebay - with the added complication of shipping to and from an FFL?

Thanks - I've been thinking of thinning the collection lately, but don't really want people coming to my house and knowing that its a "Gun House", and telling their friends where to pick up some guns for free during the night, etc. Any and all advice, suggestions, etc are welcome and appreciated!
John

Non FFL individuals can't ship firearm via UPS or USPS, but they can via FedEx overnight delivery (expensive). Best bet is to have your FFL ship for you and pay their fee.

Rinspeed
12-30-2012, 18:11
Non FFL individuals can't ship firearm via UPS

Since when. :dunno:

sharp
12-30-2012, 18:33
Since when. :dunno:

Sorry I misstated....UPS is ok, USPS ok for long guns but not handguns (if not FFL).

kodiakpb
12-30-2012, 18:41
I purchased a NIB TRP Operator Full Rail a few days ago. It's currently enroute and will be delivered on weds (due to the holidays). Like others have said if they have good feedback don't sweat it. I see there is 4 of them on there now with no reserve. One of them is an older full rail (new old stock). The problem is they will get bid up to... or pretty darn close to MSRP anyway...so if you see one that has a buy it now at a reasonable price (factoring in any cc fees and shipping), it's almost worth it to bypass the bidding war and just get it. I was lucky to snag mine with no cc fees and $19 shipping. Pic from the auction:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/31/2y4a6y5y.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/31/qugape2u.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/31/9yde8yre.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/31/umadepur.jpg

Rinspeed
12-30-2012, 22:11

Some dealers do not want to receive guns from an individual so you have to check beforehand. A dealer can ship USPS Priority fairly cheap say $20 for a pistol but most will want a transfer fee.

All the dealers I have used charge $25 for a transfer fee either going out or coming in. I have heard of some charge as much as $100 which is a joke for doing three minutes worth of paperwork.

Lots of bubble wrap works good, no need for a locked case.

As far as I know both Fed-Ex and UPS still require pistols to go overnight. Not sure about long guns. Both of them have excellent tracking which is a plus compared to having a dealer Ship USPS Priority.

John

Answers in red, hope it helps.

G26AZ
12-31-2012, 16:04
Answers in red, hope it helps.

Rinspeed - Yes, Thank you very much! Those are some good starting points. What it seems like to me from the info I've read on here is that you list the gun, the person who wins the auction sends you the address of their local FFl, you take the gun to your local FFL and pay them $25 or so, and they ship it to the other guy's FFL. He pays the FFL dealer's fees at his end, right?

Thanks again - now gotta decide which ones to let go of .. . .

happy seal
12-31-2012, 21:13
It's amazing what people will go through to save $5.00! I bought "buy Now" because, 1. I couldn't find another TRP Operator for anything less. 2. I don't have time to watch the auction 3. don't know when another TRP would be available.

auto bid just outbids you anyway.

bobbss
01-01-2013, 14:26
It's amazing what people will go through to save $5.00! I bought "buy Now" because, 1. I couldn't find another TRP Operator for anything less. 2. I don't have time to watch the auction 3. don't know when another TRP would be available.

auto bid just outbids you anyway.

Same here.