Where to buy an AR in Charlotte, NC? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy an AR in Charlotte, NC?

GunLoverLiberty
12-20-2012, 00:16
Fellow Freedom lover here, located in Charlotte NC

I'm looking to buy a AR in light of recent events. I've called alot of the local gun stores (Hyatts and Shooters, Wal-Mart)

They're all sold out of AR's

I also checked Armslist to see if anyone local is selling. I see lots of offers to buy, but nobody is selling for under 2,000$.

Now when I called Wal-Mart, the employees told me that they never carried AR's in store. but I remember receiving a newspaper ad that they had DPMS sport rifles for 560$.

I'm trying to figure out whats going on here and where in the sam hill I could buy an AR platform at.

I'm not looking to spend a bunch of money. 700$ range.
If anyone has a clue. please let me know.
Thank you.

Angry Fist
12-20-2012, 00:17
:popcorn:

bigmoney890
12-20-2012, 00:18
Dude, you missed the boat if you want an AR for $700.

GunLoverLiberty
12-20-2012, 00:18
:popcorn:

Lol. I would like to add. It doesn't have to be a complete. I would buy a lower and upper if they're priced right.

I see a guy on armslist had a stripped lower for 250$. That seems reasonable right now.

GunLoverLiberty
12-20-2012, 00:20
Dude, you missed the boat if you want an AR for $700.

How so? DPMS is still making those cheaper 560$ guns.

I expect wal-mart will get more in stock & I know for sure they're not going to raise the price like Hyatts is doing.

Wal-Mart doesn't usually follow trends like that.

Tho it does concern me that they denied selling the guns when I've seen adverts for them locally.

20South
12-20-2012, 00:21
Call Duncan Guns in Wilkesboro. Its a bit of a drive, but a decent shop and off the beaten path.

GunLoverLiberty
12-20-2012, 00:22
Call Duncan Guns in Wilkesboro. Its a bit of a drive, but a decent shop and off the beaten path.

Thanks 20South. I'm willing to drive quite a long way to find a cheap price Ar

It doesn't have to be anything fancy. Hell, even those DPMS 560$ guns would be good enough for me right now.

Angry Fist
12-20-2012, 00:24
Thanks 20South. I'm willing to drive quite a long way to find a cheap price Ar

It doesn't have to be anything fancy. Hell, even those DPMS 560$ guns would be good enough for me right now.
Might wanna take what you can get. It only gets worse.

GunLoverLiberty
12-20-2012, 00:33
Might wanna take what you can get. It only gets worse.

By worse you mean they're going to try and ban AR's?

I don't understand why they are so focused on the AR right now. You'd think that the glock would be more of a talking point. Especially since seung-hui cho didn't use an AR and he ended up doing alot of damage.

Angry Fist
12-20-2012, 00:36
Less availibility, higher prices, amigo. Regardless of an actual ban.

bigmoney890
12-20-2012, 00:41
How so? DPMS is still making those cheaper 560$ guns.

I expect wal-mart will get more in stock & I know for sure they're not going to raise the price like Hyatts is doing.

Wal-Mart doesn't usually follow trends like that.

Tho it does concern me that they denied selling the guns when I've seen adverts for them locally.

Because everyone is doing the same thing you are doing. People are trying to buy a cheap AR. If everyone buys the 'cheap' <$700 ARs, then there won't be any left (kind of like what's happening right now), thus driving up the prices. I haven't seen a DPMS for under $650 since before May.

And btw, I heard that Walmart ceased sales of all semi-auto rifles. Maybe that's the reason? :dunno:

GunLoverLiberty
12-20-2012, 00:48
Because everyone is doing the same thing you are doing. People are trying to buy a cheap AR. If everyone buys the 'cheap' <$700 ARs, then there won't be any left (kind of like what's happening right now), thus driving up the prices. I haven't seen a DPMS for under $650 since before May.

And btw, I heard that Walmart ceased sales of all semi-auto rifles. Maybe that's the reason? :dunno:

something weird is going on. I'm not calling you a liar but I know I saw adverts in the past 3 months for that Sportical AR
the one without the dust cover.

It was from Wal-mart. I was thinking of picking one up.
Now I don't know what store was putting those ads out but I know if you follow this link you can see the stores sell them

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=21677319

Most of the ones I've checked are out of stock but I've been reading reports that Wal-Mart across USA still have plenty.

bigmoney890
12-20-2012, 00:52
Just because I haven't seen one, doesn't mean they aren't out there. But I hope you can find one soon. If you don't, you're going to pay an assload for one IF you can find one in the next few weeks.

GunLoverLiberty
12-20-2012, 00:55
Just because I haven't seen one, doesn't mean they aren't out there. But I hope you can find one soon. If you don't, you're going to pay an assload for one IF you can find one in the next few weeks.

I'm not really worried. I've got some other long guns I could trade on armslist.

I also have a glock I could spare. It's a 4th gen and in great shape.

I don't understand why everyone is getting so hyped up about the AR tho. I might aswel get a PS90 for the cost of 1500$ lol.

Some of these "guys" are charging 1500$ for a cheap AR platform when I could go buy a top notch Belgium PS90 for that same price.

bigmoney890
12-20-2012, 01:05
Or if you're MIL/LE a dealer in Southern Pines has PS90's for $815.00, it's definitely worth the drive if you are .mil or an LEO.

GunLoverLiberty
12-20-2012, 01:12
Or if you're MIL/LE a dealer in Southern Pines has PS90's for $815.00, it's definitely worth the drive if you are .mil or an LEO.

I love the sound of that. I'll look into it. Thanks for the info.

bigmoney890
12-20-2012, 01:16
Ed's Gun Shop in Vass is the dealer. By address his shop is in vass, but he's actually about 4 miles outside of southern pines.

And good luck with finding an AR :wavey:

larson1122
12-20-2012, 01:17
Not every Walmart sells guns, and some only sell basic hunting rifles and shotguns. We get Walmart ads here that advertise AR's all the time but the Walmart in town doesn't sell guns at all and never has.

scrunt
12-20-2012, 06:47
Kannapolis is showing a limited stock of the Windham SRC they were around 850 last I looked and Monroe is showing limited stock on Colt LE6920 @ about 1100. Whatever they have in stock they will not have long.

Blackhorse Trooper
12-20-2012, 19:02
Statesville Walmart had plenty on monday and Sportsman's Hangout in Statesville had a few when I went there tuesday.I also reccomend Duncan Gun.Better hurry,after this they're gone for good!