Eric Holder: executive orders on gun control? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Eric Holder: executive orders on gun control?

snerd
12-20-2012, 11:21
You knew they would hit every avenue of destruction for the 2nd.
Attorney General Eric Holder indicated that President Obama might turn to executive orders to implement his agenda on guns in the wake of the Sandy Hook shooting.

“The Obama administration will consider executive actions and specific proposals for legislation as part of its gun policy response to the school massacre in Newtown, Connecticut, U.S., Attorney General Eric Holder said on Wednesday,” per Reuters (http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/12/19/us-usa-shootings-connecticut-holder-idUSBRE8BI13720121219).
http://washingtonexaminer.com/eric-holder-executive-orders-on-gun-control/article/2516519 (http://washingtonexaminer.com/eric-holder-executive-orders-on-gun-control/article/2516519?custom_click=rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter#.UNNIvXfExI0)

ThinkMud
12-20-2012, 11:23
would you expect anything less?

snerd
12-20-2012, 11:25
The House should be in their own "war room" implementing a strategy to put an end to this usurpation of power. Do they even know how it is supposed to work?! 3 separate branches?

ThinkMud
12-20-2012, 11:26
agreed. I thought they all worked for "We the People" right? I guess they forgot that too.

KK40384
12-20-2012, 11:31
agreed. I thought they all worked for "They the People" right? I guess they forgot that too.

Fixed it for ya

John Rambo
12-20-2012, 11:33
Someone needs to throw that scumbag Holder in jail.

Bruce H
12-20-2012, 11:50

No, no they don't. We don't need another that could be pardoned. Holder and his ilk deserve a more final solution. Somewhere the preserve, protect, and defend part of the oath became whatever they want it to mean.

SPIN2010
12-20-2012, 12:10
... as the foundation of a military democracy is laid. :crying:

Glockdude1
12-20-2012, 12:12
Obama and Holder have no problem giving weapons to the Cartels, but want to ban them from us........

:dunno:

Ruble Noon
12-20-2012, 12:16
Obama and Holder have no problem giving weapons to the Cartels, but want to ban them from us........

:dunno:

Not just the cartels but the terrorists that we are supposed to live in fear of and have spent years, billions of dollars and thousands of lives combating.
If we are so scared of terrorists that we rape our constitution in the name of protecting us from them, why would they arm them and disarm us?

Skyhook
12-20-2012, 13:39
I think a dungeon of delicate appointments should be readied for Obama, Holder, and Hillary, and...

GOSH!:shocked: We gonna need a BIG hole...

:whistling:

ThinkMud
12-20-2012, 13:41
Not just the cartels but the terrorists that we are supposed to live in fear of and have spent years, billions of dollars and thousands of lives combating.
If we are so scared of terrorists that we rape our constitution in the name of protecting us from them, why would they arm them and disarm us?

Now that is the correct question....

Skyhook
12-20-2012, 13:46
Now that is the correct question....

I have another: Is life without freedom life at all?

pugman
12-20-2012, 13:55
I ask this question then...

All you guys with Molon Labe ink...the bumper stickers...the screen names and what not...

You ready to back that up?

See my tag line.

Until We the People do something....and I'm not talking calling your member of congress because they are on in on it...or setting up an online poll...this *&^$ won't end.

cowboy1964
12-20-2012, 14:29
I don't know what an Executive Order could really do. I suspect if we have one more tragedy like last week, we will find out.

jeanderson
12-20-2012, 15:21
I don't think Obama will try the executive order route on anything related to gun control. It will shine a constitutional light on not just that, but other orders he has issued, which have not gotten the constitutional scrutiny they should.

snerd
12-20-2012, 15:22
I don't know what an Executive Order could really do. I suspect if we have one more tragedy like last week, we will find out.
I thought that EO's only pertained to federal employees and positions. ?

RyanBDawg
12-20-2012, 15:22
Eric Holder is responsible for mass murder.

Fear Night
12-20-2012, 15:27
Obama knows this AWB garbage won't pass the House in its current form, so an Executive Order is his only option. Only 2 Executive Orders have ever been overturned in US history. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_order#Legal_conflicts)

“Stroke of the pen. Law of the land. Kinda cool.”
–Clinton presidential aide Paul Begala, In reference to Executive Order powers, July 1998

Fear Night
12-20-2012, 15:34
I thought that EO's only pertained to federal employees and positions. ?
No. Obama has been pushing the envelope on EO's for a while now.

http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/49905

Ruble Noon
12-20-2012, 16:21

All you guys with Molon Labe ink...the bumper stickers...the screen names and what not...

See my tag line.

Until We the People do something....and I'm not talking calling your member of congress because they are on in on it...or setting up an online poll...this *&^$ won't end.

Charge! :horsey:

Dalton Wayne
12-20-2012, 17:02
By Executive order, really.
Some may contend the circumvention of congress and the normal legislative process is really this????

Coup d'état

A coup d'état typically uses the extant government's power to assume political control of the country. In Coup d'État: A Practical Handbook, military historian Edward Luttwak states that "[a] coup consists of the infiltration of a small, but critical, segment of the state apparatus, which is then used to displace the government from its control of the remainder." The armed forces, whether military or paramilitary, are not a defining factor of a coup d'état.

Naelbis
12-20-2012, 19:08
I wonder sometimes in my darkest musings why no Anti-President has tried using an EO to direct the BATFE to simply not renew or issue any new FFL's. Given that they can be revoked for the slightest infraction already, it would seem to be the quickest means to ensure that gun sales effectively cease.

oldman11
12-20-2012, 19:41
It wouldn't do much good as Hussein would just find another puppet to do his bidding. Hussein is trying bypass our constitution to placate his handlers. After all he promised them he would take our guns if they kept him in office.

jdavionic
12-20-2012, 19:45
No surprises here. Law means nothing to this administration. Amnesty was achieved via executive order and laws were completely circumvented. We are witnessing a power grab and the destruction of a nation. The question is 'how much are Americans willing to take'.

GAFinch
12-20-2012, 20:41
The House should be in their own "war room" implementing a strategy to put an end to this usurpation of power. Do they even know how it is supposed to work?! 3 separate branches?

To be fair, Republican presidents have used EO's to implement gun control measures...though I'd imagine what's coming will be a little worse.

snerd
12-20-2012, 21:13
No surprises here. Law means nothing to this administration. Amnesty was achieved via executive order and laws were completely circumvented. We are witnessing a power grab and the destruction of a nation. The question is 'how much are Americans willing to take'.
Beans on the table and Idol on TV. Until that changes, they couldn't care less what is happening in Washington.

Gunnut 45/454
12-20-2012, 23:05
GAFinch
Yea right prove it! Looks like it might be time to water the Liberty Tree with the blood of Tyrants!:whistling:

snerd
12-21-2012, 10:50
We are a nation of laws no more. This administration rules by decrees, edicts and executive orders. Congress is almost completely out-of-the-loop and has been effectively neutered. Does this about sum it up?

GAFinch
12-21-2012, 11:47
GAFinch
Yea right prove it! Looks like it might be time to water the Liberty Tree with the blood of Tyrants!:whistling:

Bush Sr banned imports of foreign-made assault rifles. Barry would still be limited by what he could ban or restrict, but the use of EO is not completely unconstitutional (according to precedence). Don't get a false sense of hope and don't assume we know what's going to get banned/restricted based on the last AWB. I don't think he even bothered to use an EO when granting amnesty a couple months ago.

Skyhook
12-21-2012, 17:49
We are a nation of laws no more. This administration rules by decrees, edits and executive orders. Congress is almost completely out-of-the-loop and has been effectively neutered. Does this about sum it up?

Never in the history of this country has a need for a revolution been so eloquently expressed.:steamed:

If there is an alternative, then let's hear of it.

snerd
12-21-2012, 17:55
Edits?! Proofreading is fundamental! LOL!

ETA: Wayne LaPierre's speech today was profoundly indicative of just how important the Second Amendment is. It alone guarantees all of the others.

Skyhook
12-21-2012, 18:06
Edits?! Proofreading is fundamental! LOL!

ETA: Wayne LaPierre's speech today was profoundly indicative of just how important the Second Amendment is. It alone guarantees all of the others.

Edicts, EOs, or FATWAs, Obama rules.:whistling:

Louisville Glocker
12-21-2012, 18:24
I still predict that Obama does virtually nothing. That has basically been his style - he gives in and wimps out.....

Things will have cooled down a lot in a month, though I think the NRA proposal actually could hurt, by keeping guns in the news. (even though I strongly support putting an armed person in each school, and allowing teachers to carry if they choose).

CAcop
12-21-2012, 22:33
I wonder sometimes in my darkest musings why no Anti-President has tried using an EO to direct the BATFE to simply not renew or issue any new FFL's. Given that they can be revoked for the slightest infraction already, it would seem to be the quickest means to ensure that gun sales effectively cease.

They are more likely to up the cost of getting or maintaining one like they did in the 90s. A few guys had them at work until it got too expensive. Yanking licenses has an easy appeal in the courts especially if the FFL has no problems worthy of revocation.

concretefuzzynuts
12-21-2012, 22:39

See my tag line.

I think there are more willing to act than answer on an open forum.

concretefuzzynuts
12-21-2012, 22:43
BTW... where are all the pro-gun liberals? They promised us the big O wouldn't do this and now they are nowhere to be heard of.

tru2life?

GLJones
12-21-2012, 22:51
^^^^^ This!

Skyhook
12-22-2012, 03:31
I think there are more willing to act than answer on an open forum.

:goodpost:

:agree:

:patriot: