Flying through NY [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Flying through NY

OSUJEEPER
12-20-2012, 12:40
I'm headed home for the holidays I have a direct flight from Florida to Ohio. I'm taking my CCW home with me. I know about the rules for flying, but in the way back I have a 2hr layover in NYC. Since my EDC will be properly checked in my baggage and I will not have access to it do I need to worry about any of NYC's crazy laws?

xmanhockey7
12-20-2012, 13:28
I'm headed home for the holidays I have a direct flight from Florida to Ohio. I'm taking my CCW home with me. I know about the rules for flying, but in the way back I have a 2hr layover in NYC. Since my EDC will be properly checked in my baggage and I will not have access to it do I need to worry about any of NYC's crazy laws?

I am not a lawyer but if it's already checked in probably not. They seem to get people when they try to check in a gun and get them on illegal possession charges from there. Just be careful about if your flight gets canceled or something and you have to spend the night in NYC. If you get your luggage then try to declare the firearm they may get you on illegal possession.

SCmasterblaster
12-20-2012, 14:29
I am not a lawyer but if it's already checked in probably not. They seem to get people when they try to check in a gun and get them on illegal possession charges from there. Just be careful about if your flight gets canceled or something and you have to spend the night in NYC. If you get your luggage then try to declare the firearm they may get you on illegal possession.

Illegal possession? Gag me with a boarding pass!

4Rules
12-20-2012, 15:31
Keep the essentials in your carry-on luggage, just in case you can't pick up your checked luggage later. Ensure that your checked bags are checked through to your final destination (Florida). And - in the event that you get stranded there, DO NOT pick up or accept possession of your luggage while in New York.

fuzzy03cls
12-20-2012, 20:50
DO NOT take the checked bag out of the TSA/airlines possession. If they try to give it to you refuse. You will only have major issues if you take the bag because then you have to recheck it & you'll be arrested the moment you do.