How long until this gets out? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : How long until this gets out?

Gunhaver
12-20-2012, 13:53
Hey Democrats! Here's the biggest thing you should get behind. Democrats are so much better at being inclusive than Republicans and they are in a politically awesome position right now. If they accept 2A rights as they accept all others and draw up a list of reasonable restrictions on not guns, but people that use them criminally and basically pass airtight law that there will be no more gun laws (very easy given Supreme Court decisions on the issue) then they will have everything they want with no significant opposition from the right. Hello permanent supermajority just as easy as that.

Gun owners are more than one third of Americans. It's a bigger demographic than LGBT, blacks and Hispanics combined. It's the #1 issue that people single issue vote on and it's huge business for the US. If the Democrats embraced guns and won over a fraction of the serious gun owners that don't care about all that social morality crap then they would be unstoppable.

So think about a world unopposed by Republicans. How much trouble would these guns really be if every single issue with Republicans could be settled without compromise on our part. Pick an issue with Republicans and *poof* it's settled be it taxes on the rich, the war on drugs, women's rights, healthcare, education standards and funding, wars overseas, corporate regulations, climate change and environmental law, anything you can get your party to agree to is done regardless of the right's feelings on the issues because they'll just be too superminority to matter anymore.

I don't know about you but I rather like the idea of everyone from center right on over suddenly becoming minority. Smells like justice to me.

All it takes is some serious ironclad laws that limit gun restrictions permanently to current laws and require a constitutional amendment to change that. Then focus on laws that punish not the guns, but the people that use them criminally. (Ok, so you will need to make the compromise of becoming tougher on crime but think of all the extra room in prisons with the war on drugs over.) With gun rights locked in you will enjoy such an influx of center voters that vote single issue on gun control while holding their nose that the Republicans will never be able to take another presidential election again and will lose most of their seats in the house and senate.

Think about it.

beforeobamabans
12-20-2012, 14:11
Pass the Cheetos...

Big Mad Dawg
12-20-2012, 14:16
I have a better idea if you voted for the obama please go away we hate hypocrites here. Democrats with great glee supported a gun grabbing Chicago gangster you got exactly what you voted for.

jeanderson
12-20-2012, 14:19
:crazy:

Fear Night
12-20-2012, 14:21
Maybe I'm just reading this wrong, but you think the Dems would benefit if they just did everything the Republicans said? What exactly do you think their rabid, Liberal voting base will think about that?

Gunhaver
12-20-2012, 14:55
Maybe I'm just reading this wrong, but you think the Dems would benefit if they just did everything the Republicans said? What exactly do you think their rabid, Liberal voting base will think about that?

If the Dems can convince the middle that they won't seek new gun legislation with something very hard to go back on like a constitutional amendment then the Reps become obsolete to enough people to shift power to the left forevermore. That's as simply as I can state it.

Gunhaver
12-20-2012, 15:14
I have a better idea if you voted for the obama please go away we hate hypocrites here. Democrats with great glee supported a gun grabbing Chicago gangster you got exactly what you voted for.

You seem to be under the impression that I don't like what I voted for and you're mistaken. I'm not worried about all guns being taken away. I've got family that's way into cowboy action and it looks like enough fun to curb my gun needs. You really don't need more than a lever action 45 to stop an intruder so I could cope if it came to that.

At first I was trying to get the right to give up on losing issues but they just aren't hearing it. Then it occurred to me that the left are the reasonable ones that can understand a good point and they were the ones that could be convinced and then only on the one issue of guns. After arguing with people on GT especially in the RI forum and seeing how they can do wonderful mental gymnastics to maintain their positions I don't know why it took this long to see it. Probably because I've had so much fun messing with you guys.

Just in the past few days I've seen several people totally come around on the AWB idea once they were informed about our deadly, high powered, military varmint cartridge and all the other misinformation that Brady bunch types put out. Had a whole gang of them ripping on Whoopi this morning. They can be convinced. This is definitely the way to go.