Boehner on future gun votes! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Boehner on future gun votes!

pipedreams
12-20-2012, 18:52
Boehner wont (http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/boehner-won-t-commit-gun-control-votes-185455080--politics.html)

I think Boehner should do as much for bills coming from the Senate and the WH as they do for Bills coming from the House.....Ignore them.

jeanderson
12-20-2012, 19:21
As I said in a similar thread, let's wait and see what Biden's committee recommends. Everyone here wants some reassurance that nothing bad will happen to our gun rights.

I actually think people realize more "gun control" is not going to prevent another Sandy Hook, and an AWB or similar measure will fall flat.

Atlas
12-20-2012, 20:27
I actually think people realize more "gun control" is not going to prevent another Sandy Hook, and an AWB or similar measure will fall flat.

I think you're giving "people" more credit than they deserve.

GAFinch
12-20-2012, 20:38
The administration would just use his refusal as an excuse to implement measures via executive orders, which Holder has already mentioned. If your gun collection is missing items, don't focus exclusively on AR's and magazines. Could very well be ammo or foreign-made pistols, like Glocks.

aircarver
12-20-2012, 21:04
There's a war on, and the Republicans better wake up and fight it ....

barbedwiresmile
12-21-2012, 05:22

Even NPR conceded that the polling indicates the majority of Americans support protecting the 'right' to own firearms. there are some interesting gender and racial differences, however. Over 50% of woman favor some form of gun control. 86% of blacks favor gun control. Majority of Americans favor the 'right' to own semi-automatic firearms, but that % decreases when the term 'assault weapons' is substituted.

Cavalry Doc
12-21-2012, 05:29
It's not what we need to stop another tragedy. Biden will be studying how much control and restrictions they will be able to get. If a full blown confiscation and ban were possible, they would go for it.

Barry has long been known as Anti-gun. He's using his more flexible second term to go full on libtard.

SPIN2010
12-21-2012, 05:33
Team Kleenex is already at the West Chester, Ohio office setting up comfort stations for his cave in and nervous breakdown.

evlbruce
12-21-2012, 08:51
Boehner isn't likely to survive the next vote for speaker. The question will be who is going to replace him and how will the liberal Republicans and moderate Democrats vote.