Max round mag you can legally carry in your State? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Max round mag you can legally carry in your State?

flw
12-20-2012, 19:19
I live in the only non- carry state so I was wondering in your State:

If you have Hi-capacity bans in place now but had your hi-cap mag before the ban, then how many round mags can you conceal carry in your state legally?

I'm wondering what hi-cap bans states do now, if a federal version is similar to a existing state version.

jthrelf
12-20-2012, 19:49
I feel like most magazine limiting states dont allow average citizens to conceal anyway :faint:

I'm in PA and there is no note on how many rounds you can conceal. I believe if you wanted to you could have your glock loaded with one of those 33 round mags and one for backup.

If there is a federal ban on 10+ rounds and you have a pre-ban mag you want to carry, now that is an interesting question...

lets hope we dont have to bother with finding out the answer

janice6
12-20-2012, 19:56
I can conceal a G27 with a 13 round magazine just as easy as with a 10 rounder.

Unlimited in MN.

frontier2011
12-20-2012, 20:00
I can conceal a G27 with a 13 round magazine just as easy as with a 10 rounder.

Unlimited in MN.

can you enlighten us? extension? pics?

Angry Fist
12-20-2012, 20:03
Let me know when they make a G20 belt feed system. I have big-ass pockets.

ADK_40GLKr
12-20-2012, 20:03
...unless we happen to have a pre-(Clinton era)ban magazine.

And YES, we CAN carry, only some of us restricted to recreational uses. Others -full carry -usually depending on the orientation of the County Judge.

Rustrtal
12-20-2012, 20:06
NY State has a 10rd limit on magazines manufactured after the '94 ban. You can carry any preban unless there is a specific local law prohibiting/limiting it.

Ruggles
12-20-2012, 20:06
Texas is what ever you can jam in you gun you can carry.

New AWB if passed will not change that for mags currently on the market.

smokin762
12-20-2012, 20:18
Ohio.

The most you can have in a magazine is 30 rounds. If you get caught with more than 30 rounds in a magazine, you could be charged with the same crime as being in possession of an unregistered class III weapon. Not that I have ever heard of it happening, but it is the Law.

Glockdude1
12-20-2012, 20:20

New AWB if passed will not change that for mags currently on the market.

:agree:

smokin762
12-20-2012, 20:23

:dunno:I take it, you never seen a person have a G23 magazine in a G27. It's not that uncommon.

When I carry my G30, sometimes I carry a G21 magazine as a spare magazine.

cowboy1964
12-20-2012, 20:25
Ohio.

The most you can have in a magazine is 30 rounds. If you get caught with more than 30 rounds in a magazine, you could be charged with the same crime as being in possession of an unregistered class III weapon. Not that I have ever heard of it happening, but it is the Law.

One reason I don't have any 33 round Glock mag. If something ever happened how could I prove I DIDN'T have 31 rounds loaded? Yes, I realize it would be up to the prosecutor to prove I did but still, you get the idea. That and I think they're kind of silly.

Indianashooter
12-20-2012, 20:26
Indiana

No limit. I carry a G19 plus two spare magazines. Oh, plus on in the pipe.

flw
12-20-2012, 20:27
Hi cap mags (if banned for sale) and Hi cap mags legal to carry are the two issues I would like to contrast in my original post.

i.e for California, which I thought has a hi cap ban now, do they allow mags that were bought before they banned the sale, allowed to be carried?

Ruggles
12-20-2012, 20:27
Honestly I do not own any handguns that hold more than 9 rounds in a mag so nothing in a new AWB will effect my handguns. Long guns are a different matter.

SJ 40
12-20-2012, 20:34
No limit of ammunition capacity,it's also a Vermont citizens choice whether they want to carry or not and then there choice concealed or open, Isn't Freedom Grand ! SJ 40

Reswob
12-20-2012, 20:43
In certain cities in VA you can't carry a magazine bigger than 20 rounds (or a gun with a threaded barrel, a folding stock, or a shotgun with a capacity of 8 or more 3" shells) unless you have a CCW.

janice6
12-20-2012, 20:47

This is a .357 Magnum Revolver with a four inch barrel. Theis Holsters. It is extremely confortable for all day use.

http://i45.tinypic.com/15oggi8.jpg
--------------------------------------------------------

G27 with 13 round magazine, Crossbreed

http://i45.tinypic.com/1eur6h.jpg

it is very comfortable and I don't like extensions on the mag. I do not hold the magazine while shooting.

Cant and height is key. Draw is very easy.

Deaf Smith
12-20-2012, 20:50
Well in Texas you can carry at least 393,232,231,122 rounds on you at once while packing 393,322 guns. But you can carry more if you have room.

See we don't have a stink'in magazine capacity rule nor stink'in number of guns you can pack.

But don't fret folks, one finds that packing more than two is a hassle and carrying more than a handful off ammo a mite heavy. But still our Texas Government sees that you regulate only the wearer and not the hardware. As long as you have a clean record, taxes paid, loans not in arrears, then a CHL is easy to get.

No registration either. Just mind your manners is all they ask.

Deaf

Louisville Glocker
12-20-2012, 20:56
No limit in Kentucky..

In fact, with my CCDW license, I can carry a sawed off shotgun, or a machine gun under my trenchcoat. Or throwing stars. Anything I have Fed licensing for if it is an NFA weapon.

I have plenty of thirty round mags...

smokin762
12-21-2012, 07:42
One reason I don't have any 33 round Glock mag. If something ever happened how could I prove I DIDN'T have 31 rounds loaded? Yes, I realize it would be up to the prosecutor to prove I did but still, you get the idea. That and I think they're kind of silly.

I understand what you are saying. I donít want to be the guinea pig to test the law.

As for the 33 round magazines, I guess they are okay, just not for me either in a handgun. With that capacity magazine, I would find them more useful in a pistol caliber carbine like my RRA AR 9mm. :supergrin:

CA Escapee
12-22-2012, 09:11
Hi cap mags (if banned for sale) and Hi cap mags legal to carry are the two issues I would like to contrast in my original post.

i.e for California, which I thought has a hi cap ban now, do they allow mags that were bought before they banned the sale, allowed to be carried?

California does have a ban on purchasing, receiving, manufacturing, loaning, etc., any magazine over 10 rounds now, and ever since January 1, 2000.

One can possess any magazines over 10 rounds that they owned before the 1/1/00 ban. They are for your use and only your use.

Here's a link to the CalGuns.net website that shows a summary.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=124709

Bill

CA Escapee
12-22-2012, 09:26
No magazine capacity limit in Colorado, except Denver.

Magazines with a capacity of less than 21 rounds in Denver.

Bill

wolf19r
12-22-2012, 11:29
No limit in Florida. Luckily!

smokeross
12-22-2012, 12:04

In Alaska we have no maximum, just a minimum. Must carry a 100 round drum.

FireForged
12-22-2012, 13:29
We have no such ban..

ScottieG59
12-23-2012, 03:41
There are no limits in Kansas that I know of. My carry guns max out at 15 in the magazine. I have a few of the Glock 33 round, but they never get used.

My common carry gun has a magazine capacity of 6 to 9 rounds. I even have old magazines from before the last ban, still unused.

Anyway, I think 15 rounds and 2 extra mags are going to take care of things.

SCmasterblaster
12-23-2012, 13:43
No limit of ammunition capacity,it's also a Vermont citizens choice whether they want to carry or not and then there choice concealed or open, Isn't Freedom Grand ! SJ 40

As you are likely aware - persons convicted of a felony or domestic violence misdemeanor cannot touch a firearm, much less carry one in VT.