If the AWB lives... G30's will be K-I-N-G for CCW! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : If the AWB lives... G30's will be K-I-N-G for CCW!

DaBurna
12-20-2012, 21:15
Y'all join us!!! 10 rounds only .45 ACP will be the premier MAN-STOPPER!

tonyparson
12-20-2012, 21:18
To many high cap mags out there.

DaBurna
12-20-2012, 21:27
To many high cap mags out there.

I hope & pray it doesn't pass or an Executive Order can be repealed...

TxGlock9
12-20-2012, 21:30
Because 10rounds of 45acp is better than 10rounds of anything smaller? Not trying to rain on your parade Bama, but not everyone will go for it. Some people may prefer faster sight acquisition, etc, etc....

number1gun
12-20-2012, 21:37
Jim Jones is alive and well. Energy is energy another .5 thousands of an inch will most likely make little to no difference.

RGbiker
12-20-2012, 21:38
G36. Or SA XDs in .45acp.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

tonyparson
12-20-2012, 21:39
I think the .45 GAP will become king. :couch:

smokin762
12-20-2012, 21:40
I have a hard time seeing any silver lining. A ban is still a ban. That equals less rights.

dkf
12-20-2012, 22:16
No thanks. The 9/.40/.357 Glocks are plenty fat enough, don't need a fatter heavier version.

ctfireman
12-20-2012, 22:44
Shoot....it's king for me now. My perfect ccw pistol.

Glock40man
12-20-2012, 22:52

:rofl:You beat me to it.

PattonT
12-20-2012, 22:58
Nope, I'd take 10+1 of 10mm any day in a G29 over a G30. And I can't stand those obnoxiously fat Glocks. All of this assuming one can't possesse a hi cap pre whatever.

.38 super
12-20-2012, 23:02
... another .5 thousands of an inch will most likely make little to no difference.Not in a expanded hollowpoint bullet of a larger caliber...

gunowner1
12-20-2012, 23:04
Nope, I'd take 10+1 of 10mm any day in a G29 over a G30. And I can't stand those obnoxiously fat Glocks. All of this assuming one can't possesse a hi cap pre whatever.

G29 all day long everyday! :rock: My G30 is my dedicated nightstand gun.

DaBurna
12-20-2012, 23:10
I know people will argue the caliber point all day long and twice on Sunday.... But if a Ban does go into effect... I'll mostly be carrying a weapon starting with a 4 ending with a 5...

HKLovingIT
12-20-2012, 23:13
G26 for me. :wavey:

glock2740
12-20-2012, 23:19
(Buzzer sound) Wrong! The G29 has a 10 round mag with 10mm in it. :cool: Ta da! New winner. :supergrin:

:rofl:

NIB
12-21-2012, 01:24

I'm going to actually agree with this right here. :faint:

clarkz71
12-21-2012, 05:28

Sen Fienstien said the ban would not be retroactive.
which means if you already have hi cap or banned guns
your GTG. Only after the ban will you not be able to get
banned items. So buy your favorite hi cap Glock now.

G30 may be queen, not king. Gap will be king.

g2122
12-21-2012, 06:30

As much as I like the G30, that doesn't make me feel any better.

Spartacus100
12-21-2012, 08:26
As much as I like the G30, that doesn't make me feel any better.

If there is a ban on hi-cap mags, and IF it is retroactive, why are we still concerned with only 10 rounds in the gun? Doesnt anyone carry extra mags? i currently carry a G21 with at least 1, sometimes 2 mags on me giving me 40 rounds of .45 acp. Now should the ban affect the 13 round mags, i can still get 10 rounders for it and still have 30 rounds. And honestly, how long does it take to change out a mag?

PVolk
12-21-2012, 08:34
If there is a ban on hi-cap mags, and IF it is retroactive, why are we still concerned with only 10 rounds in the gun? Doesnt anyone carry extra mags? i currently carry a G21 with at least 1, sometimes 2 mags on me giving me 40 rounds of .45 acp. Now should the ban affect the 13 round mags, i can still get 10 rounders for it and still have 30 rounds. And honestly, how long does it take to change out a mag?
Most of us are probably GTG with the guns and mags we currently own, but it will make future purchases suck when they come with 10-rounders. And pre-ban mags will pull a premium.

PattonT
12-21-2012, 08:53
I hate to give the liberals an inch because they will take a mile, but 10 rd mags? If they only could see how fast I can change mags the would s*** thrmselves.

Spartacus100
12-21-2012, 09:02
Most of us are probably GTG with the guns and mags we currently own, but it will make future purchases suck when they come with 10-rounders. And pre-ban mags will pull a premium.

i do agree with you and i am not looking forward to that at all. i was just really trying to point out that 10 round mag limit wouldnt be the end of the world when it comes to concealed carry. a couple of extra mags and your still sitting on 31 rounds....but you are right, the price for them would be insane.

engineer151515
12-21-2012, 09:13

If the upcoming ban legislation tries any verbiage with regard to "military rounds" - you might well be correct.

DonGlock26
12-21-2012, 09:32
My G-26 will still be 10+1 rounds of CCW goodness.

PattonT
12-21-2012, 09:52
The talk of ending The shipping of ammo would turn me away from 45 gap.

tonyparson
12-21-2012, 10:13
The talk of ending The shipping of ammo would turn me away from 45 gap.
Why?? Have you ever talked to the owner of your local gun shop about stocking .45 GAP? I talked to the owners of the local gun shop here in Dayton about stocking .45 GAP and they agreed to. The last time I was there the lady that runs the shop most of the time said the GAP ammo sales as good as the ACP ammo. They also sale the GAP ammo for the same price as .45 ACP.

glock2740
12-21-2012, 10:55
GAP ammo sales as good as the ACP ammo.
Even at that store, I seriously doubt that. Now if you referring to a few boxes of GAP ordered at the same time as a few cases of ACP and both selling out around the same time, then "maybe". But box for box? BS!

tonyparson
12-21-2012, 11:26
Even at that store, I seriously doubt that. Now if you referring to a few boxes of GAP ordered at the same time as a few cases of ACP and both selling out around the same time, then "maybe". But box for box? BS!
I live in a small town. This gun shop gets very little business. Here's how slow they are they still have a brand new OD G21 in stock. :supergrin:

Spartacus100
12-21-2012, 11:53
I live in a small town. This gun shop gets very little business. Here's how slow they are they still have a brand new OD G21 in stock. :supergrin:

How much are they asking for the OD G21?

tonyparson
12-21-2012, 12:02
How much are they asking for the OD G21?

Last time I was there I'm thinking the price was $539. I'm go down there today ill find out for sure what the price is. Ill take a picture of it for you.

Spartacus100
12-21-2012, 12:05
Thanks, i would love to have one. My current G21 is my EDC and i love the look of the OD's. Wonder if they will take a bunch of 30 round Pmags in trade? HA HA HA..

pizza
12-21-2012, 12:26
If they were to ban all semi autos including hand guns it'll be old west time with revolvers again.

1-2man
12-21-2012, 12:40
If they were to ban all semi autos including hand guns it'll be old west time with revolvers again.

Until the next crisis and then they'll ban those too. "Give them inchess..."

dkf
12-21-2012, 13:22
Last time I was there I'm thinking the price was $539. I'm go down there today ill find out for sure what the price is. Ill take a picture of it for you.

See if he has any OD G31s while you are there.:wavey:

MeatGrinder
12-21-2012, 13:29
I went all 9mm last year.
I carry either a G26 or Walther PPS.
It will be a S&W 642 if laws get worse.

TomAiello
12-21-2012, 13:35
> If there is a ban on hi-cap mags, and IF it is retroactive...

If that happens, we're going to have a huge 5th Amendment case. Under the Takings Clause, the federal government would have to reimburse every owner of a confiscated magazine.

We'd have a long court proceeding trying to determine the "fair market value" of a banned item--what are they going for in the panic buying phase, like $50?

Too bad I already sold all my magazines to panic buyers at the last gun show. I'd love to join y'all in that law suit.

PattonT
12-21-2012, 13:58
That OD Glock is like one of the wonders of the world. They have had it for 2 years and have sold probably 200 black ones in that time. The pawn shop in Sale Creek that closed had gotten stuck with a bunch of 45 gap ammo.

NIB
12-21-2012, 15:47
> If there is a ban on hi-cap mags, and IF it is retroactive...

If that happens, we're going to have a huge 5th Amendment case. Under the Takings Clause, the federal government would have to reimburse every owner of a confiscated magazine.

We'd have a long court proceeding trying to determine the "fair market value" of a banned item--what are they going for in the panic buying phase, like $50?

Too bad I already sold all my magazines to panic buyers at the last gun show. I'd love to join y'all in that law suit.

Yeah, Good Luck!

The Obama regime gives two rat droppings of care about the 2nd Amendment. You think he will care about the 5th Amendment. Any gun confiscation signed in by the regime will be a "turn them in or go to jail" type ban.

Zooco
12-21-2012, 15:54
My concern if a mag capacity limit is established, is that the next logical step is to go after the ammo. Guns and mag capacity won't matter as much when ammo dries up. One possible avenue is to ban lead in ammo. "After all, there are alternatives....." None of them cheap that I know of. Still, I have ammo and mags stashed for now, but all of this would put a major crimp on training effectively because I won't be able to do the same amount of live fire.

All this said, I have been trying to decide between picking up a G19 or a G30. Heart wants the G30 now, but am I smarter going for the 19 (or 32, have the 23) Have all of these calibers already.

Stopdropnroll
12-21-2012, 16:10
gottageta30, gottageta30, gottageta30...

tonyparson
12-21-2012, 16:19
My concern if a mag capacity limit is established, is that the next logical step is to go after the ammo. Guns and mag capacity won't matter as much when ammo dries up. One possible avenue is to ban lead in ammo. "After all, there are alternatives....." None of them cheap that I know of. Still, I have ammo and mags stashed for now, but all of this would put a major crimp on training effectively because I won't be able to do the same amount of live fire.

All this said, I have been trying to decide between picking up a G19 or a G30. Heart wants the G30 now, but am I smarter going for the 19 (or 32, have the 23) Have all of these calibers already.
I was thinking this same thing about the ammo. I was talking to my sons school history teacher and he was saying the Government can't take our guns, its one of our rights. I told him they can raise the price on ammo so high by taxes that we couldn't afford to buy it. He stood there quite for a minute and then said I never thought about them doing tht.

RPVG
12-21-2012, 16:33
I hate to give the liberals an inch because they will take a mile, but 10 rd mags? If they only could see how fast I can change mags the would s*** thrmselves.
LOL! That's kinda how I feel. Takes some practice, but it's amazing how fast you can get at tactical reloading. Never seen a need to go past 10 rounds.

That's not to say it wouldn't be bad to have more. Sure. It's just that I'm an older guy who grew up with an M1911A1 and so that's my "mindset". 10 rounds per mag is plenty IMO.

3rdgen40
12-21-2012, 17:59
No thanks. The 9/.40/.357 Glocks are plenty fat enough, don't need a fatter heavier version.
Just another good reason to carry a 1911...:cool:

HD45ACP
12-21-2012, 18:37
A Glock 29sf or maybe a 10mm 1911 would be my choice for ccw if it's only 10 rounds, wait are 10mm's going to banned also? It might be considered a High Powered High Capacity Assault Pistol :tongueout: or is 10mm going to be considered a Destructive Device. :wow:

Keoking
12-21-2012, 18:39
With the 2013 AWB, 10 rounds will be the rifle limit. Pistols will be 5 (to make sure most revolvers don't slip through the cracks).
All new pistols in late 2013 will be 50AE.

PrecisionRifleman
12-21-2012, 19:14
Anyone who is willing to turn their mags or ammo in doesn't deserve to call themselves an American. Matter of fact to do so is to crap on the graves of the many service members who gave their lives defending our rights and freedoms. All we need to do is look back in history at what has happened to any populace that allowed themselves to be disarmed. I'd rather go fighting than go on my knee's. YMMV...

packinaglock
12-22-2012, 05:58
Anyone who is willing to turn their mags or ammo in doesn't deserve to call themselves an American. Matter of fact to do so is to crap on the graves of the many service members who gave their lives defending our rights and freedoms. All we need to do is look back in history at what has happened to any populace that allowed themselves to be disarmed. I'd rather go fighting than go on my knee's. YMMV...

I have to agree, our forefathers would roll over in their graves seeing how spineless we've become.

soflasmg
12-22-2012, 06:27
Why don't you just bite the bullet and get a musket.

Bello
12-22-2012, 06:52
I loooooooooooove .45 gap ammo; my revolvers love it! So I reload for it also!

whitey4311
12-22-2012, 08:05
I already live in California where this has become a reality. I CCW a g21sf daily with 10 round mags for the simple reason I feel its the best caliber if I am limited to just 10.

In terms of limiting ammo that was supposed to have happened here this past Feb. I now have 2500 rounds of Gold Dot bonded JHP 230gr, lol. I wont ever need more CCW ammo for this bad boy. I reload for practice ammo and am stocked up to cover my 800 round a month habit for next 3 years. They cant ban components so I wont have to worry beyond what I am already used to.

Did you say fast sight acquisition??? Maybe practice a bit more

12-15-12 - YouTube

ashecht
12-22-2012, 08:55
I know people will argue the caliber point all day long and twice on Sunday.... But if a Ban does go into effect... I'll mostly be carrying a weapon starting with a 4 ending with a 5...

+1. G30 now anyway

21GlockStreet
12-22-2012, 09:55
http://2012patriot.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/un-anti-gun-statue2.jpg?w=450&h=337
Just in case no one has noticed the gun with the twisted barrel at the UN. It's not an AK, its not an AR, it's not an M60, it's not an RPG, It's a Colt Python .357 revolver. It's a civilian weapon. The Obama administration will sign the UN sponsored small arms treaty. The aim of this treaty is to disarm the U.S. population. The Bill of Rights has already been gutted by the Bush administration in the name of fighting so called terrorism. Since Bush read off the "conservative" script, he didn't move against the second ammendment in order not to alianate his political base. Bush passed the baton to Obama who reads of the "liberal" script. Bush was/is a globalist, though he hid his leanings behind the flag and apple pie. Obama is an avowed globalist. He hides behind the liberal/progressive facade in order to keep his political base compliant. The hypocracy of the so called "liberals" is amazing. When Bush was invading Afghanistan and Iraq, the "libs" were up in arms (no pun intended). When the "peace prize" winner Obama kills innocents with drone strikes, they are deafeningly quiet.
I believe what is in store for us is draconian UK, Austrlian style gun bans and confiscation. NY governor Cuomo has already put up that trial ballon for NY State. Biden's Mickey Mouse commitee will issue no new findings and suggestions that Obama doesn't already have ready to issue as an executive order. The rub is: will U.S. law enforrcement and U.S. military comply with any edicts from Obama and go house to house confiscating weapons, New Orleans/Katrina style? :dunno:

NEOH212
12-22-2012, 20:28
You can keep your G30 and I'll keep my HK's and Sig's.

:wavey:

SCmasterblaster
12-23-2012, 17:05
I am hoping that the new EO by BHO or Fed Law will ban only new magazines. I'll still be able to carry my G17 with a 17-round magazine.

oldman11
12-23-2012, 18:33
It would be a hard time choosing between the 45 and the 10mm. I have both, with a 357 sig BUG. Tough decisions. :cool:

oldman11
12-23-2012, 19:11
http://2012patriot.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/un-anti-gun-statue2.jpg?w=450&h=337
Just in case no one has noticed the gun with the twisted barrel at the UN. It's not an AK, its not an AR, it's not an M60, it's not an RPG, It's a Colt Python .357 revolver. It's a civilian weapon. The Obama administration will sign the UN sponsored small arms treaty. The aim of this treaty is to disarm the U.S. population. The Bill of Rights has already been gutted by the Bush administration in the name of fighting so called terrorism. Since Bush read off the "conservative" script, he didn't move against the second ammendment in order not to alianate his political base. Bush passed the baton to Obama who reads of the "liberal" script. Bush was/is a globalist, though he hid his leanings behind the flag and apple pie. Obama is an avowed globalist. He hides behind the liberal/progressive facade in order to keep his political base compliant. The hypocracy of the so called "liberals" is amazing. When Bush was invading Afghanistan and Iraq, the "libs" were up in arms (no pun intended). When the "peace prize" winner Obama kills innocents with drone strikes, they are deafeningly quiet.
I believe what is in store for us is draconian UK, Austrlian style gun bans and confiscation. NY governor Cuomo has already put up that trial ballon for NY State. Biden's Mickey Mouse commitee will issue no new findings and suggestions that Obama doesn't already have ready to issue as an executive order. The rub is: will U.S. law enforrcement and U.S. military comply with any edicts from Obama and go house to house confiscating weapons, New Orleans/Katrina style? :dunno:
It looks to me like Obama is attempting to cover all his bases. First try to take away the guns. Second, if that doesn't work then bring in the troops and try to get the guns that way. Third try getting back up from NATO and their troops. No matter how you look at it there is a war coming. I hate to see this, but it sure looks like it might happen. I hope that I am wrong.

xmanhockey7
12-23-2012, 19:28
No such thing as high capacity mags. They're standard capacity magazines intended for that particular firearm.

PaladinFl
12-23-2012, 19:37
If it retro active then it will be for me a P220 with 8+1 and two or three spare mags.

SCmasterblaster
12-23-2012, 20:04
No such thing as high capacity mags. They're standard capacity magazines intended for that particular firearm.

You are quite correct. :cool:

21GlockStreet
12-23-2012, 20:51
It looks to me like Obama is attempting to cover all his bases. First try to take away the guns. Second, if that doesn't work then bring in the troops and try to get the guns that way. Third try getting back up from NATO and their troops. No matter how you look at it there is a war coming. I hate to see this, but it sure looks like it might happen. I hope that I am wrong.

The Obama administration already states that it answers to NATO and not congress when it comes to U.S.military interventions. There are a few scenarios that could play out; none good. What will help us is that there are military and police that are awake and would possibly rebel if ordered to confiscate the arms of American citizens. That's when the NWObama would probably send Mexican, Canadian and/or NATO troops in. That would be ugly and something I would not look forward to.

happyguy
12-23-2012, 21:27
Ho humm...

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy :)

FireForged
12-23-2012, 21:33
Folks, they will come out talking about making all guns into park benches, then they will say "only the assault weapons and mags" then it will be No Grandfathering then it will be Grandfathering... after all that hot air, everyone will simply be glad they can at least keep what they have, which was all they were going to do in the beginning, they just wanted to make you like it.

Maine1
12-24-2012, 22:57
I'll stick to My G-20, with the regular mags, and 2 20 round spares

Unless they ban them, then I'll carry 2 g-20's, and 4 spare 20 round mags.

ejs54
12-25-2012, 02:01
(Buzzer sound) Wrong! The G29 has a 10 round mag with 10mm in it. :cool: Ta da! New winner. :supergrin:

:rofl:

My used G20 came with a 10rd-er (dunno why) but I guess I'll use that instead if thats ok!

NEOH212
12-25-2012, 03:17
If the AWB lives... G30's will be K-I-N-G for CCW!

Yea!

They even made a song about it!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Metallica - King Nothing - YouTube

xmanhockey7
12-25-2012, 05:17
I think I'd rather go with the G29. 10 round magazine of 10mm. That's coming out hot!!

NMPOPS
12-25-2012, 05:36
I'll stick with my 19 & 26.

Toyman
12-25-2012, 06:26
Wait... you guys actually carry big old fat Glocks? Daily?

harleytech
12-25-2012, 06:31
just another good reason to carry a 1911...:cool:

+1...!!

happyguy
12-25-2012, 07:29
I just wanted to add, my G26 will do just fine.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy :)

RYT 2BER
12-25-2012, 07:42
Man these threads are getting tired.

JVMHGF
12-25-2012, 12:21
I was thinking this same thing about the ammo. I was talking to my sons school history teacher and he was saying the Government can't take our guns, its one of our rights. I told him they can raise the price on ammo so high by taxes that we couldn't afford to buy it. He stood there quite for a minute and then said I never thought about them doing tht.

Cook County (Chicago-land) in Illinois tried a .05 per round tax on ammo but it didn't go through. But the $25 additional tax on each gun purchased in Cook County went through. I believe this is supposed to start next year. :upeyes:

Drain You
12-25-2012, 19:28
Not that I think anything will change for capacity, but I would not switch from a 19 to a 30, even if both were limited to 10 rounds.

Still haven't shot one, but I'm sure it is more to manage than 9mm and I know it costs more to shoot. Extra bulky too.

Chainlink
12-25-2012, 19:43
G29 wth 10+1 in 10mm would be what then? A deity?

DaBurna
12-25-2012, 20:25
G29 wth 10+1 in 10mm would be what then? A deity?

ACE maybe... .45GAP will be a Wildcard/Joker!:tongueout:

deputy1199
12-25-2012, 22:21
This talk about banning "Assault Weapons" is a crock. True assault weapons are full automatic in function and have been banned for civilian use since 1934 by Federal law. The black rifles based on the AR15 are semi-auto replicas of the military assault rifle and are no different functionally than any other semi-auto rifle. Just because a rifle is styled like an assault weapon doe not make it an assault weapon. I wish the ignorant anti-gun groups would get their facts straight and quit stirring up unnecessary anxiety among the sheeple.

cowboy1964
12-26-2012, 00:11
This talk about banning "Assault Weapons" is a crock. True assault weapons are full automatic in function and have been banned for civilian use since 1934 by Federal law. The black rifles based on the AR15 are semi-auto replicas of the military assault rifle and are no different functionally than any other semi-auto rifle. Just because a rifle is styled like an assault weapon doe not make it an assault weapon. I wish the ignorant anti-gun groups would get their facts straight and quit stirring up unnecessary anxiety among the sheeple.

We need to quit this whining about terminology. It accomplishes nothing. The 1994 AWB had the words "assault weapon" strewn throughout. You, me, and anyone with a brain that knows anything about firearms knows what the military definition of an assault weapon is. Who cares? It's not stopping them. If they want to define a Red Ryder BB gun as an "assault weapon", they can.

Here is the definition from the '94 AWB:

DEFINITION OF SEMIAUTOMATIC ASSAULT WEAPON- Section 921(a) of title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding at the end the following new paragraph:

`(30) The term `semiautomatic assault weapon' means--

`(A) any of the firearms, or copies or duplicates of the firearms in any caliber, known as--

`(i) Norinco, Mitchell, and Poly Technologies Avtomat Kalashnikovs (all models);

`(ii) Action Arms Israeli Military Industries UZI and Galil;

`(iii) Beretta Ar70 (SC-70);

`(iv) Colt AR-15;

`(v) Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN/LAR, and FNC;

`(vi) SWD M-10, M-11, M-11/9, and M-12;

`(vii) Steyr AUG;

`(viii) INTRATEC TEC-9, TEC-DC9 and TEC-22; and

`(ix) revolving cylinder shotguns, such as (or similar to) the Street Sweeper and Striker 12;

`(B) a semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of--

`(i) a folding or telescoping stock;

`(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;

`(iii) a bayonet mount;

`(iv) a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; and

`(v) a grenade launcher;

`(C) a semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of--

`(i) an ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;

`(ii) a threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer;

`(iii) a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned;

`(iv) a manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; and

`(v) a semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm; and

`(D) a semiautomatic shotgun that has at least 2 of--

`(i) a folding or telescoping stock;

`(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;

`(iii) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 5 rounds; and

`(iv) an ability to accept a detachable magazine.'.

justinpar400e
12-27-2012, 10:00
1000's carry g26, shield, and other lightweight small 9mm's that already meet the 10rd max. Don't think a ban would change that.