NY Times: "Paper Tigers and Glass-Jawed Bullies" [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : NY Times: "Paper Tigers and Glass-Jawed Bullies"

beforeobamabans
12-21-2012, 04:35
http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/12/20/paper-tigers-and-glass-jawed-bullies/

Author links the evils of pro-gun and anti-tax lobbies....

G26S239
12-21-2012, 04:50
The old gray nag just ain't what she used to be.

beforeobamabans
12-21-2012, 06:20
It seems that the quaint belief in constitutional, limited government is nearing extinction.

walt cowan
12-21-2012, 06:22
child molesters will always support gun control.

jeanderson
12-21-2012, 06:36
The writers at the NYTimes will have no problem getting jobs when that paper finally goes out of business. Their wild imaginations will be put to good use writing fantasy filled novels.

Bren
12-21-2012, 06:44
http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/12/20/paper-tigers-and-glass-jawed-bullies/

Author links the evils of pro-gun and anti-tax lobbies....

I'm not reading the NY Times, but from your description he seems to dislike anybody who stands for individual freedom.

beforeobamabans
12-21-2012, 06:52
The progressives smell blood in the water. We are seeing a full court press to extinguish constitutional conservatism once and for all. We are in for the fight of our lives. The tipping point may have finally arrived.

certifiedfunds
12-22-2012, 07:43
It seems that the quaint belief in constitutional, limited government is nearing extinction.

After reading the comments, and many, many posts here on GT, I'm convinced it is already dead.

GAFinch
12-22-2012, 08:22
Not going to click the link and recognize the legitimacy of that awful "news"paper, so I'll respond to your description.

Thanks to this fiscal cliff and Plan B debacle, there is now a (legitimate) perception that only the "radical fringe" Tea Party faction of the Republicans are anti-tax. The GOP now has its own scapegoat. If it keeps using them as one to make themselves look better, what's left of the message of the Republican Party as a whole is going to disappear. The Democrats will now try to repeat their calculated tax campaign with a gun one...pressuring the core GOP leadership to publicly acknowledge the patriotic need for "common sense" gun control measures. They don't have to specify which ones, just help create the narrative that measures in general are normal and acceptable in our modern society.

ranger1968
12-22-2012, 08:24
Meh;

It's about what I would expect from the Pravda/NY Times.....