Canadian Maple Syrup Cartel [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Maple Syrup Cartel

RWBlue
12-21-2012, 08:35
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/18-million-theft-victim-canadian-014952366.html

I think Vermont Maple Syrup Cartel did it.

Dennis in MA
12-21-2012, 08:50
Pfft. Not nearly as odd as the Great Molasses Flood.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_Molasses_Disaster

mhambi
12-21-2012, 09:17
CTD cancelled my order for 30oz Hi-cap Mrs. Butterworth bottles. Now they're listing them at $80 apiece!

This is getting worse than the syurp import ban of '94!!

airmotive
12-21-2012, 09:30
...from my cold, sticky hands....

Cali-Glock
12-21-2012, 09:50
Someone did not understand that John Ringo's book Live Free or Die was fiction.

Live Free or Die (Troy Rising Series):Amazon:Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51nuRYkB6XL.@@AMEPARAM@@51nuRYkB6XL

Ian Moone
12-21-2012, 10:02
Was this cartel in possession of any Fast & Furious weapons? The could be the straw that breaks the administration's back.

Dragoon44
12-21-2012, 10:12
If only they would legalize maple syrup it would eliminate so much of the crimes surrounding it.

:tongueout::rofl:

mhambi
12-21-2012, 10:23
If only they would legalize maple syrup it would eliminate so much of the crimes surrounding it.

:tongueout::rofl:

Maple syrup is a gateway condiment that leads to abuse of more dangerous toppings.

Dragoon44
12-21-2012, 10:31
Maple syrup is a gateway condiment that leads to abuse of more dangerous toppings.

:rofl::rofl:

So right, next they'll move on to the hard stuff like molasses.

Think of the cost to society of these addictions, the dental bills alone are enormous!

Mrs.Cicero
12-21-2012, 10:47
Someone arrest John Ringo, 'cause he's entirely to blame for this...

RWBlue
12-21-2012, 10:55

I know what you mean. My parents got me started. I would get up in the morning and have some syrup on some pancakes when I was a kid.

Then I went to college and I would have some waffles with syrup in the morning, then a Hamburger with ketchup and mustard at lunch and then I would put salsa on whatever I was having for dinner.

It took me a long time and it shows on my body, but I was able to break the habit although I sometimes fall off the wagon and have waffles with syrup or even salsa.

FullClip
12-21-2012, 10:59
If you've ever tapped your own trees and boiled it down, you'd realize how much work it takes to make a gallon of syrup.

I did it the spring before last just for old times sake....wicked good stuff, but think I'll go to the store next year.

And if you think that the Log Cabin or Mrs. Butterworth stuff is maple syrup, you're way wrong. Nothing like the good stuff with a little wood ash and a few snow fleas floating around in it to put on your flapjacks...:eat:

Or..if yer a real Mainiac...on your Grapenut Ice cream!!

Dragoon44
12-21-2012, 11:16
If you've ever tapped your own trees and boiled it down, you'd realize how much work it takes to make a gallon of syrup.

I did it the spring before last just for old times sake....wicked good stuff, but think I'll go to the store next year.

And if you think that the Log Cabin or Mrs. Butterworth stuff is maple syrup, you're way wrong. Nothing like the good stuff with a little wood ash and a few snow fleas floating around in it to put on your flapjacks...:eat:

Yeah see, YOU get the good stuff, we get the stuff that's been stepped on. with low real maple syrup content.

We want the more potent pure stuff!

:supergrin:

I have friends that visit family up in N.H every year, I have them smuggle me back the good stuff.

FullClip
12-21-2012, 11:25
Yeah see, YOU get the good stuff, we get the stuff that's been stepped on. with low real maple syrup content.

We want the more potent pure stuff!

:supergrin:

I have friends that visit family up in N.H every year, I have them smuggle me back the good stuff.

The PURE suff...you ant the PURE stuff?!?! You couldn't handle the PURE stuff!!:supergrin:

Once ya' try it, there's no going back for sure. Be careful what you ask for...the real stuff ain't cheap...and yeah...I don't trust those sneaky Canadians either...they're always up to something...

Dragoon44
12-21-2012, 11:33
Yeah, first time you have to shell out for even a small bottle it's sticker shock time.

Ian Moone
12-21-2012, 12:00
I know what you mean. My parents got me started. I would get up in the morning and have some syrup on some pancakes when I was a kid.

Then I went to college and I would have some waffles with syrup in the morning, then a Hamburger with ketchup and mustard at lunch and then I would put salsa on whatever I was having for dinner.

It took me a long time and it shows on my body, but I was able to break the habit although I sometimes fall off the wagon and have waffles with syrup or even salsa.

I totally understand, my friend. I too realized the depths of my addiction earlier this year. The day I hit rock bottom ...I was at my favorite BBQ joint and there was the truth staring back at me. I had more BBQ sauce on my plate than beef. Luckily, my waiter helped me find a group that meets weekly. I am now 90 days condiment free.

Bruce M
12-21-2012, 13:01
...from my cold, sticky hands....:rofl::rofl:

Pfft. Not nearly as odd as the Great Molasses Flood.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_Molasses_Disaster:rofl::rofl: THat actually was a pretty big deal...

CTD cancelled my order for 30oz Hi-cap Mrs. Butterworth bottles. Now they're listing them at $80 apiece!

This is getting worse than the syurp import ban of '94!!
:rofl::rofl:

Dennis in MA
12-21-2012, 13:05

I'm pretty sure VermontMaid is maid in Vermont, like the name implies.

Dennis in MA
12-21-2012, 13:10
And Mickey Mantle put straight Karo on his pancakes.

RWBlue
12-21-2012, 14:48
I'm pretty sure VermontMaid is maid in Vermont, like the name implies.

maid?
or made in Vermont?

mhambi
12-21-2012, 15:06

Barrel of crude oil: $100.00

Barrel of maple syrup (retail): $3,440.00

yikes! :rofl:

Dragoon44
12-21-2012, 15:19
Barrel of crude oil: $100.00

Barrel of maple syrup (retail): $3,440.00

yikes! :rofl:

Now you know why they are known as a Cartel.

:rofl:

mhambi
12-21-2012, 15:33
http://i49.tinypic.com/34f03sm.jpg