Good guns & bad guns [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Good guns & bad guns

jeanderson
12-21-2012, 10:53
I thought Wayne LaPierre's statement today was brilliant. He offered an effective and immediate way to protect kids in school, today and every day. By putting armed guards in every school.

I know many here, including myself, thought more along the lines of arming the teachers. But that would have been dismissed immediately by the MSM as crazy. How can the MSM call his plan to put guards in schools crazy?

As I have said countless times, to those who have never handled a gun or fired a weapon, a gun is viewed as an offensive weapon - because they don't have one. The idea that it is equally a defensive weapon completely eludes them. Along those lines, one of the best passages from today's statement...
Your implication will be that guns are evil and have no place in society, much less in our schools. But since when did the word "gun" automatically become a bad word?

A gun in the hands of a Secret Service agent protecting the President isn't a bad word. A gun in the hands of a soldier protecting the United States isn't a bad word. And when you hear the glass breaking in your living room at 3 a.m. and call 911, you won't be able to pray hard enough for a gun in the hands of a good guy to get there fast enough to protect you.

So why is the idea of a gun good when it's used to protect our President or our country or our police, but bad when it's used to protect our children in their schools?

Gunnut 45/454
12-21-2012, 12:11
Yep they already are! The Liberals don't give two ****s about the kids they just want to disarm every law abiding American PERIOD! This is why we as gun owners can not Compromise one bit. I was pleased with the NRA response but as we know with the Libertard Media is in Obamamoa's pocket it will be silenced and never heard by everyday Americans!:steamed: