What's the big deal w/Pmags? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What's the big deal w/Pmags?

teumessian_fox
12-21-2012, 12:49
I've got some for a Sig 716, and they don't seem all that special. But all the hubub over the net seems like they're somehow special?

Glockdude1
12-21-2012, 12:53
Best magazine for the AR rifles.

:cool:

Little Joe
12-21-2012, 13:00
Best magazine for the AR rifles.

:cool:

Why?.

M&P15T
12-21-2012, 13:04
Over-all construction, anti-tilt followers, high-quality springs.

Mags are the most important part in the reliability of a firearm that uses them.

PMags rock.....uber-reliable.

cyphertext
12-21-2012, 13:04
Because they are inexpensive (at least were) and reliable.

elsolo
12-21-2012, 13:25
They are neat.
I never had reliability issues with decent GI mags though, I currently own both types.

They are also like a "new car", you know what you are getting. It is not old junk pieced together and given fresh paint, and there have been crappy AR mags made during the last 50 years.

They are just the latest and greatest which always helps demand, how much greater is open for debate.

Happypuppy
12-21-2012, 13:30
They are rugged. You can step on them,put dirt in them and they work. The metal ones if the get dented and damaged are pretty much toast

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Dragoon44
12-21-2012, 13:32
What's the big deal w/Pmags?

When we are in the middle of the zombie apocalypse you won't have to ask.

Geko45
12-21-2012, 13:51
buttery smooth... :cool:

MtBaldy
12-21-2012, 13:53
I see I'm late but function, reliability, and price, at least when the price was $15.00.

dougader
12-21-2012, 14:10
I have a bunch of Okay mags, said to have been the mfg for Colt at one point. I have never had a jam with an AR15 using these mags...

I think I paid $5 each for these when a guy was unloading his extra inventory a few years ago.

Glockdude1
12-21-2012, 14:30
Why?.

Over-all construction, anti-tilt followers, high-quality springs.

Mags are the most important part in the reliability of a firearm that uses them.

PMags rock.....uber-reliable.

Because they are inexpensive (at least were) and reliable.

They are rugged. You can step on them,put dirt in them and they work. The metal ones if the get dented and damaged are pretty much toast

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

buttery smooth... :cool:

Any more questions????

:supergrin:

Atlas
12-21-2012, 14:34
I have a bunch of Okay mags, said to have been the mfg for Colt at one point. I have never had a jam with an AR15 using these mags...

Nor have I...

Now, drop that Okay mag fully loaded onto a rock or concrete..
Hope that it lands so that it isn't dented badly enough that it no longer functions.

Those GI mag were intended to be disposable..
They are made of material that is easily damaged.

Pmags are simply newer technology, using more modern materials.

This debate has been going on since Pmags were first introduced. I'm happy to have a good supply of both.

Ruggles
12-21-2012, 14:45
I have and trust both. I also have some metal mags from England, made by their defense industry. Heavy metal, well built and stout. I really would trade all my normal mags and PMags one for one on these English ones. Plus you could throw these heavy SOBs as last ditch defense weapons!