My Sight Logic.(debating on Sights) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : My Sight Logic.(debating on Sights)

eboggs
12-21-2012, 16:39
Hello everyone, well I am in the market for new sights....to replace my stock ones...

First let me start off by saying on my previous Glock which I no longer own I had a pair of Ameriglo Classics I believe, 3 dot Triji's....

Now I didnt keep the pistol long enough to come to a conclusion on whether i liked them or not, but am looking for something different this time around for a couple of reasons,

1. I like to shoot for "groups" at the range,
2. but I am also going to CCW this G19.

So, I am looking at the Ameriglo PLAIN Target sights...I figure this will be good for range time, and I DONT *THINK* honestly that if i have to use my weapon in SD that i will be shooting far enough that night sights and aligning them up will be that big of a deal?

I guess what Im asking is, with practice is it possible to use plain ol iron sights with no illumination effectively enough on a CCW SD gun?

is anyone running non illuminated/fiber optic sights on their weapon? and do you carry it?

I guess the only problem would be if it were semi dark, in a metro area or whatever and you draw and everything is soo quick maybe two small "lights" is easy to pick up....the two dot vertical alignment is my second choice..but dont know if its worth the extra $$

RPVG
12-21-2012, 16:56
Ever think about a LaserLyte?

http://www.laserlyte.com/products/rtb-gl

$90-ish on eBay.

samuse
12-21-2012, 20:28
Get the Ameriglo DeFoors. They're perfect for all black irons.

I have 'em on a 19 and a 17 that get shot in competitions, training and I carry 'em.

You do lose a bit of versatility without night sights but IMO, it's worth it. I've taken a few low/no light courses with the plain blacks and it's fine with a light.

TxGlock9
12-21-2012, 20:48
You're going to get different answers from people with different experiences. My advice is get a different gun for target. Such as the 17/34...

dkf
12-21-2012, 21:26
I have the Ameriglo Hackathorn sights on my Glocks. They are nice for target shooting but have a nice dot with tritium in the front sight. I figure in a low or no light situation there will be little need for the rear tritium. Only con for to the Hack sights to me is the rear serrated sight is too sharp. Sometime I am going to pull mine off, smooth the sharp edges and re black oxide coat them.

sig357fan
12-21-2012, 22:09
eboggs,

What makes you thing you can't shoot groups with night sights?

The sights you've described are of a conventional notch and blade with 3 dot Triji's, if the dots distract you from precise sight alignment when shooting groups then perhaps use a little sight black to cover the dots when you are at the range, then clean off the sight black when you plan on carrying.

Just a thought,

Sig357fan