New ar-15 for me! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New ar-15 for me!

gregs55150
12-21-2012, 18:31
I just got my first AR-15 and am wishing I got one sooner.I got the Windham Weaponry MPC model.We shot it last weekend with TULAMMO 55gr and shot 80rds without a single problem.It was right in the bullseye right out of the box.I got it three weeks ago and cant wait to dress it up.I got it at Cabelas so instead of the carry handle it came with the Diamond head rear flip sight and an A-2 front sight.I was thinking of getting a Strikefire optic for it.I live maybe 7 miles from where it was built too so I was happy to get it and help keep my town afloat.
GREG

cesaros
12-21-2012, 18:32
:needspics:

picture please.

WinterWizard
12-21-2012, 19:08
Congrats, Gregs. You will be very happy with your Windham.

ithaca_deerslayer
12-21-2012, 19:15
Congrats! I'm new to AR's also. Got one just a few weeks before the current hysteria.

Funny, it was actually supposed to be a 2013 tax return purchase. I started researching and looking, realizing how hard it was going to be to find the one I wanted. Then an out of state gunshop had exactly what I wanted, and the wife gave the ok early :)

Now we look at each other and say good thing I got it when I did.

They are great guns!

Rooster Rugburn
12-21-2012, 21:08
Since you have one, and since there is so much BS floated by the brand whores, if you don't mind, for discussion purposes, post a pic of the gas key staking, and whether the castle nut is staked, and if the bolt is MPI.

If you are not aware, the brand whores try to imply that Windham is not improved over their predecessor, Bushmaster. It would be interesting to know how they measure up.

gregs55150
12-23-2012, 14:50
I havent yet figured out how to get the pics from my Blackberry to my computer.I can tell you that the gas keys are double staked.Where I am new to the Black rifle scene I dont know where the castle nut is.I cant see any markings on the bolt unless Ive looked in the wrong places.I did shoot it again yesturday and again the Black rifle performed flawlessly with a mixed bag of ammo.This rifle shoots very accuratly and its way better with a rest.I bet with the flip up Diamondhead rear sight and the A-2 front sight that I could drive tacks with it.I havent fired more then 5 rounds in rapid succession because I am trying to shoot for accuracy.I have been checking out the Strikefire optic,is it any good?ty
GREG

gregs55150
12-24-2012, 06:29
did it work?

gregs55150
12-24-2012, 06:32
sorry i cant upload pics-WTH