NRA Lifetime Membership - worth it? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : NRA Lifetime Membership - worth it?

LockHavenYellow
12-21-2012, 19:48
I am able to get a lifetime membership for $300 with a referral...worth it? Of course, it's a helluva deal vs. $1000, but curious what you all think. I think that now is the time to re-up my membership with all that's going on.

jdavionic
12-21-2012, 19:49
I just have annual membership. Been a member for a long time. Not sure it makes a difference...but my rationale is that I like them now, but want the option to quit if I don't later.

el_jewapo
12-21-2012, 19:53
When there was talk that they might cave on this AWB, I thought about the poor suckers that got a lifetime membership. That didn't turn out to be the case, but who knows what the future holds?

tsmo1066
12-21-2012, 19:58
Lifetime memberships are geat, but the NRA makes a higher profit margin (read that, more money to use in the fight!) off of the 1, 3 and 5 year memberships.

Personally, I renew every three years, but ANY type of membership in the NRA is good for all of us!

glock-fan
12-21-2012, 20:04
What do you get for beign a member ?

Gallium
12-21-2012, 20:08
If / when you decide to become a NRA Training counselor or a NRA LE firearms instructor, you are required to be a NRA member. There is no such requirement for NRA instructors, Range Safety Officers, or to my knowledge NRA coaches (T1, T2)

So yeah, if you are in the business of seriously training folks to NRA standards using their certifications, it is cost-beneficial to have lifetime membership to the NRA.

LockHavenYellow
12-21-2012, 20:20
I am currently an NRA Pistol Instructor. And I live about 5 minutes from where last week's event took place. We have a helluva fight ahead of us and I think now's the time to pull the trigger on a lifetime membership. Thanks, fellas.

M2 Carbine
12-21-2012, 20:22
NRA Lifetime Membership - worth it?
Is it worth it for who?

I've been a life member for longer than I can remember, over 40 years.

Was it worth it for me?
Yeah, but my membership was worth a hell of a lot more to you than me.

There is no doubt at all that if it wasn't for me and millions of other NRA members like me, the young people today would be lucky if they could own a 22 single shot rifle.

So, yes your NRA membership is worth having but your NRA support is more important to today's young people.

Maybe you can help them still have their Constitutional rights when they grow up.

Kentucky Shooter
12-21-2012, 20:39
Worth it? Yes, if you are a gun owner you need to join ASAP. Might as well be a life member, if you can join for $300 you are ahead in about 9 years compared to paying annual memberships.

The NRA isnt perfect, but they are the best friend a gun owner can have. I am a life member and signed my son up for life membership when he was still a toddler

deputy tom
12-21-2012, 20:43
Jump on it! I spent $750.00 back in the day if I remember corerectly.tom.:cool:

hogfish
12-21-2012, 20:54
I just have annual membership. Been a member for a long time. Not sure it makes a difference...but my rationale is that I like them now, but want the option to quit if I don't later.

Ditto. :-)

LockHavenYellow
12-21-2012, 21:07
Thanks!

JayAK
12-21-2012, 23:11
Is it worth it for who?

I've been a life member for longer than I can remember, over 40 years.

Was it worth it for me?
Yeah, but my membership was worth a hell of a lot more to you than me.

There is no doubt at all that if it wasn't for me and millions of other NRA members like me, the young people today would be lucky if they could own a 22 single shot rifle.

So, yes your NRA membership is worth having but your NRA support is more important to today's young people.

Maybe you can help them still have their Constitutional rights when they grow up.

Very true.

RWBlue
12-21-2012, 23:40
I am able to get a lifetime membership for $300 with a referral...worth it? Of course, it's a helluva deal vs. $1000, but curious what you all think. I think that now is the time to re-up my membership with all that's going on.

How old are you?
How many years do you plan on being around?
Do you ever expect to NOT be a gun person?
Do you ever expect another group to be bigger and better than the NRA? (I am not saying the NRA is the end all be all group, but it is the biggest and best right now.)

BTW, I am a life member. I am thinking about setting my nephew up, but he is a little young. I want him to earn it.

Malike
12-21-2012, 23:53
I just signed up for the yearly membership. I'm also a member of GOA and SAF.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

stevelyn
12-22-2012, 02:00
How much is your freedom worth?

I'm a newly-minted Lifer myself after on and off annual membership over the years. When VaTech. happened I joined for 3 years then renewed for 5.

Just before the election I was called by the NRA and they were offering Life memberships for a reduced rate. My first thought was that I couldn't afford it it at the moment and my second thought was I can't afford not to.

Our enemies only understand brute force. We can't play nice and hope they go away. If they get a new AWB, they are going to move on to handguns. Their goal is total disarmament.

So yeah...... If you value that crap they call freedom down there in the L48 any at all, it'll be worth it.

Glock Holliday
12-22-2012, 03:33
I joined the NRA in 1976 and became a Life Member using the easy payment plan in '77. Since then I upgraded to Endowment, Patron, and Benefactor. Any outfit that gets maligned by the libtards the way the NRA does is worth the money to me.

lunarspeak
12-22-2012, 03:43
i was thinking about joining but i wonder how much of dues that i would send them go toward lobbying and how much goes toward the big wigs pay...does wayne lapierre live in a mansion????????

HerrGlock
12-22-2012, 03:58
i was thinking about joining but i wonder how much of dues that i would send them go toward lobbying and how much goes toward the big wigs pay...does wayne lapierre live in a mansion????????

He lives in Northern Va, where a 1 room apartment can go for a thousand a month rent if you're in a decent neighbourhood.

According to the NRA:
Between 2008 and 2010, the NRA paid LaPierre compensation in an amount ranging from $948,858 and $1,263,101 per year.

But, hey, if you're not interested in joining the NRA then you're not interested and are just looking for an excuse not to join.

Whatever, just pay attention to what organizations people who are into gun bans are afraid of and go from there.

Gallium
12-22-2012, 04:11
https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/superlife.asp
Contributory Life Memberships
(Offered to Fully Paid Life Members)

Endowment Member $2,000
Patron Member $3,500
Benefactor Member $5,000

nmk
12-22-2012, 04:33
Lifetime memberships are geat, but the NRA makes a higher profit margin (read that, more money to use in the fight!) off of the 1, 3 and 5 year memberships.

Personally, I renew every three years, but ANY type of membership in the NRA is good for all of us!

These are my thoughts.

nmstew
12-22-2012, 04:46

To respond to the OP and address something mentioned here:

The NRA has two accounts, the NRA general account
(memberships, magazines, patches, pens, gym bags, wine of the month club...) and the NRA- Inst. for Legislative Affairs, the lobbying and legal arm that writes court briefs, files law suits etc.

Funds are not allowed to go from one account to the other.

I say get the cheap life member discount (I did) to stand and be counted. Then periodically donate some money, if you can, to the NRA-ILA (I do when possible) to make sure they have the funding to sue and fight.

eracer
12-22-2012, 05:02
What do you get for beign a member ?A powerful and feared gun lobby fighting for our rights.

Of course, you get that whether you contribute to the cause or not.

I chose to contribute when I got my Life Membership 30 years ago, and I still contribute every year to the ILA.

Lunkerbass
12-22-2012, 05:20
Life member for a while now

Bren
12-22-2012, 05:52

My wife and I are each life members. We think it is worth it.

seed
01-01-2013, 00:52
Life membership at a good rate and whatever you can afford to the ILA (which would be more if you use the discounted membership rate).

mac66
01-01-2013, 08:19
Best reason to belong...There is strength in numbers and the NRA is the big dog on the block. When they bark, people listen.

The $300 life membership is a great deal. To get it you need a gift sponsor. Basically you need a life member or higher "gift" you the deal.

Here is how to do it.

Get the life member's zip code, membership number, email address and name. Call the membership phone number as the member and give them that information and tell them you want to gift a $300 life membership to (yourself as the recipient). Pay for it with your credit card number.

NRA has been very busy lately so if you get someone on the phone who isn't aware of the deal, just hang up and call again to get someone else.

The $300 deal ran off and on most of last year and was on again for December. I sponsored at least 30 lifers before the election and 3 since the Sandy Hook panic. If you need a sponsor PM me and I will send you my info. I am sure other lifers here will do the same thing. We don't get anything for sponsoring anyone other than the satisfaction of making the NRA stronger.

Bren
01-01-2013, 08:48
When there was talk that they might cave on this AWB, I thought about the poor suckers that got a lifetime membership. That didn't turn out to be the case, but who knows what the future holds?

Anybody who knows the past. That's why I am a life member and so is my wife.

2bgop
01-01-2013, 12:50

Lapierre is paid a modest amount for being the head of such a large organization.

GlockFanWA
01-01-2013, 12:57
I just signed up for the yearly membership. I'm also a member of GOA and SAF.

There is also the CCRKBA

XshooterX
01-01-2013, 13:05
It depends...do you still get the leather jacket if you join at the discounted price??

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

ozark-tracker
01-11-2013, 14:49
count 2 more lifers mac66, my wife and I got signed up, thanks for letting us use your info. they took almost 45 minutes to answer the phone and then about 5 minutes to do the paper work, worth the wait.

Best reason to belong...There is strength in numbers and the NRA is the big dog on the block. When they bark, people listen.

The $300 life membership is a great deal. To get it you need a gift sponsor. Basically you need a life member or higher "gift" you the deal.

Here is how to do it.

Get the life member's zip code, membership number, email address and name. Call the membership phone number as the member and give them that information and tell them you want to gift a $300 life membership to (yourself as the recipient). Pay for it with your credit card number.

NRA has been very busy lately so if you get someone on the phone who isn't aware of the deal, just hang up and call again to get someone else.

The $300 deal ran off and on most of last year and was on again for December. I sponsored at least 30 lifers before the election and 3 since the Sandy Hook panic. If you need a sponsor PM me and I will send you my info. I am sure other lifers here will do the same thing. We don't get anything for sponsoring anyone other than the satisfaction of making the NRA stronger.

mac66
01-11-2013, 15:09
If you think gun rights suffered under the NRA, just think how bad off we would be without them.

BTW, you can now become an NRA member including the $300 life deal on line. Go to my other thread to find out how.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1461654

RWBlue
01-11-2013, 18:00
bump..

bobelk99
01-11-2013, 20:07
I joined the NRA in 1976 and became a Life Member using the easy payment plan in '77. Since then I upgraded to Endowment, Patron, and Benefactor. Any outfit that gets maligned by the libtards the way the NRA does is worth the money to me.

Way to go!

It's not about saving money, but supporting the effort.

If a few dollars are available for 'investment', a contribution to NRA/ILA would be a big help in the coming fight.

Just_Me
01-11-2013, 20:19
Yes it's worth it, and if you are already a life member you should have your spouse and children join.

Go Hogs
01-11-2013, 20:34
Yes.
And now, it's not only worth it, it's mandatory.
Our gun rights are under vigorous assault.