Piers Morgan is at it again tonight [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Piers Morgan is at it again tonight

sjfrellc
12-21-2012, 20:00
I feel like I'm in a bizarro world with Piers Morgan not letting John Lott explain himself. Keeps cutting him off and demanding that John Lott tell him how fast an AR-15 can shoot. The correct answer according to Piers is "46 rounds per second and over 100 per minute". Rather than the same rate that all semis can be shot at. He refuses to acknowledge the gun can be used for self defense when a law abiding citizen might be attacked with overwhelming force.

He also refuses to acknowledge that proposed new laws would not achieve the intended effect saying "well you have to try, though". No mention of unintended consequences of new laws for law abiding citizens.

I was entertained, but most certainly saddened by watching Piers Morgan.

cesaros
12-21-2012, 20:03
the technical rate of fire is 12-15rpm sustained, 45rpm semi...and if you have a real M4, 90rpm burst.

Mr Morgan is wrong on all accounts...looks like google failed him on the research front.

Thank god Piers didn't get ahold of the cyclic rate of fire! He'd be saying a person could shoot 970rpm :rofl:

Scott3670
12-21-2012, 20:14
Piers Morgan is a cancerous tumor on the a-hole of journalism. I have decided to no longer watch his show (not that I watched that many of his shows).

Little Joe
12-21-2012, 20:20
I refuse to give him the click. Why boost his ratings. He intentionally insults peoples' intelligence by refusing to acknowledge common sense. That leaves him with zero credibility with me. Just another fool to ignore.

97XJ_Sport
12-21-2012, 20:20
I hope Jeremy Clarkson punches him in the face again.

tous
12-21-2012, 20:22
I don't quite understand why anyone cares what the feller says. :headscratch:

You can call a pig a sheep, but that doesn't mean you'll get any wool from it.

Ignore him.
It's Christmas.
Be happy.

mr00jimbo
12-21-2012, 20:23
Piers says 4-6 per second, which would be 240 to 360 a minute. But he says 4-6 per second, or 100 per minute. Do AR15s start getting lazy, or?
100 RPM is 1.6 per second, but 6 RPS is more than 100 RPM...
I'm confused.

concretefuzzynuts
12-21-2012, 20:34
I don't watch his show. He preaches to his choir.

sjfrellc
12-21-2012, 20:38
Piers says 4-6 per second, which would be 240 to 360 a minute. But he says 4-6 per second, or 100 per minute. Do AR15s start getting lazy, or?
I'm confused.

I was confused because he seemed to be so agitated that I thought he was saying 46 per second rather than 4-6.

I was down in Atlanta a couple years ago and I toured the CNN studios. I was kind of creeped out and realized that they have zombies sitting at computers just harvesting news data and trying to be dramatic and broadcast it so it sounds good to their audience rather than just report the facts. I realized that I was right to have not watched it for decades--just pure liberal slanted crap.

It is kind of ironic that CNN was spawned by Ted Turner, one of the most talented men on the planet, who in the quest to make a buck as a capitalist sold his soul to CNN and then Time Warner.

What would Ted Turner think if he was attacked by some angry bison and the national law was that he could only have a neutered self defense firearm?

50 Cent
12-21-2012, 20:41
Wonder what Piers will be ranting about when they deport him for the phone hacking he did in Lame Britain ?? :rofl:

el_jewapo
12-21-2012, 20:43
**** Piers Morgan.

VinnieG
12-21-2012, 20:44
I'm confused.

He is takin into consideration your finger Gettin tired. Lol. He is an idiot

singularity35
12-21-2012, 21:08
Wonder how many stabs per minute PM would rate the knife this guy used?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2248054/China-stabbing-22-children-elderly-woman-stabbed-outside-primary-school-Chinese-knifeman.html

FLIPPER 348
12-21-2012, 21:18
I was entertained, but most certainly saddened by watching Piers Morgan.

Why would you waste your time watching that idiot??

disclaimer- I've only seen snippets of his drivel and do not watch any cable news programing.

PhotoFeller
12-21-2012, 21:18
He is far worse than a misinformed journalist. Like a typical progressive, PM has seized upon the tragedy at Newtown to improve his ratings at the expense of the shooting victims.

He is an opportunistic vulture who lies and fakes deep emotion about the shootings to further his career. His encouragement by CNN is testimony of that network's commitment to sensationalism instead of objective reporting. I used to think CNN was better than MSNBS, NBC and others, but round-the-clock coverage of this event with a prominent anti-gun bias erases any positive opinion I had.

Gun owners need to boycott CNN and let management know why. Piers Morgan needs to be identified as the chief source of dissatisfaction with the company's controversial coverage of Newtown's tragic experience.

What's the best way to communicate a complaint to CNN? I have the feeling they really don't want to hear from viewers, so e-mail comments drop into a dark cyberspace hole.

JDennis
12-21-2012, 21:23
Morgans a puke plain and simple. Brits seem to be very communalistic. If I ever had the chance to see and talk to the guy. After I punched him in the noggin, my one and only question would be if your own country didn't want you there what makes you think your welcome here. Then after that I would state simon cowell kicked your a** at your own game. (Huge rivalry there)

Folsom_Prison
12-21-2012, 21:24
Watched him the other night, bout chucked my glock into the TV!

Guy is an idiot!!

Kasinefect
12-21-2012, 21:31
I saw Morgan's show tonight;it was the first time I watched the entire program. As with many "talk show hosts" do , his technique of asking a question and then shouting down the person who asked the question if they do not agree with him is nauseating. Maybe it is just me but his "panel' onstage was heavy with foreign born liberals along with the domestic variety, guess I just found it odd because we have enough of the U.S. born variety spreading their propaganda. Perhaps he thinks this makes him look more "worldly."

PEC-Memphis
12-21-2012, 21:41
6 per second is a split time of 0.16s - pretty eph'ing fast.

I'm a pretty good pistol shooter, and I can make splits of 0.18s on a close target with 130 pf loads.

I'd like to see this ****ole take an AR at the range and see what he can do - what would be his splits and even if he'd hit the target @ 7 yards.

AZ DBLTRBL
12-21-2012, 21:41
I don't quite understand why anyone cares what the feller says. :headscratch:

You can call a pig a sheep, but that doesn't mean you'll get any wool from it.

Ignore him.
It's Christmas.
Be happy.

No kidding. On another note...ya know what CNN needs? A MUTE. :shakehead:

frank4570
12-21-2012, 22:16
He's an idiot. And he is taking advantage of the shooting for his own benefit.

sjfrellc
12-22-2012, 09:13
I used to think CNN was better than MSNBS, NBC and others, but round-the-clock coverage of this event with a prominent anti-gun bias erases any positive opinion I had.

I agree with all the negative comments about Morgan. Doesn't mean I won't watch it (even though it turns my stomach) to see how the other side--liberals--are misguided and wrong about public policies. And how they are anti-American. I wish some of these liberals would have lived 50, 100 or 150 or 200 years ago and wonder how they could survive more than two minutes in a less fortunate and less safe time that we enjoy today. Think about it. Would they have whined that everyone around them wasn't getting free health care? That a rural woman on the plains during a war shouldn't shoulder the most efficient firearm to defend herself? I have live 52 years and it wasn't all because someone spoon fed me. And although government has provided infinite safety from foreign invasion during that time it has been liberty as an American that has made me respect the USA.

Seriously I stopped watching CNN during the first Gulf War when I came to the conclusion that they were un-American.

I will read an autobiography of Johnny Cochran or Ted Turner, who were extremely gifted and talented--really talented great men --but at times in their life were misguided in their goals. (Read a wikipedia article about their accomplishments up until they took a huge jump onto the shark.) Of course Piers Morgan has little to no talent or great accomplishments.

I'll watch Bill Maher even though I think his political views are dead wrong because he has some comedic talent.

I watch the drivel of liberals because I believe I can detect the fallacies of their arguments and can see why their arguments are just plain wrong. I am amazed at the fallacies liberals employ. Piers Morgan is a prime example of this. He can't possibly entertain the thought that you or I have a right to self defense in a criminal situation and that that right is infinitely more valuable than limiting our (law abiding citizen's) liberties.

I watch or listen to them because of something similar to schadenfreude. Not he feeling of pleasure gathered from watching the suffering of another human being, but the pleasure of watching the idiocy of another human being. I see idiots all around me all the time and on the news so I can believe that they can be so misguided for sure.

Henry's Dad
12-22-2012, 09:22
I didn't see this episode, but I have seen Lott on PM's show before.

I don't know why he would go back on again. PM's "interview" techniques are well known to Lott.

Lott must really enjoy facing down stupidity masking as journalism.

sjfrellc
12-22-2012, 09:26
I don't know why he would go back on again. PM's "interview" techniques are well known to Lott.

Lott must really enjoy facing down stupidity masking as journalism.

I agree. Lott was taken down like a pawn in a chess match. Very embarrassing.

He needs to extricate himself from CNN and preach to the conservative talk shows. He has some talent but didn't show it here.

jakebrake
12-22-2012, 09:27
**** Piers Morgan.

roger that!

Rotn1
12-22-2012, 09:44
I hope Jeremy Clarkson punches him in the face again.

I did not know this. I like Mr. Clarkson even more now.

from wiki:
Piers Morgan feud

From 2000 to 2006, Clarkson had a public feud with Piers Morgan, which began when Morgan published pictures of Clarkson kissing his BBC producer, Elaine Bedell.[122]

On the final Concorde flight, Clarkson threw a glass of water over Morgan during an argument.[122] In March 2004 at the British Press Awards, he swore at Morgan and punched him before being restrained by security; Morgan says it has left him with a scar above his left eyebrow.[123] In 2006 Morgan revealed that the feud was over, saying "There should always be a moment when you finally down cudgels, kiss and make up."[122] Clarkson also mentioned that despite not getting on with Morgan, he can at least be in the same room as him.