World seems a little less bright today. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : World seems a little less bright today.

PrincessCelica
12-21-2012, 21:47
I lost a co-worker today to an alleged suicide. She was the sweetest woman you could ever have met. She brightened any room she was in. I am just heart broken over this loss. :crying:

So, please, please, please if you are having problems, GET HELP!!!

Folsom_Prison
12-21-2012, 21:48
I'm sorry to hear this, hang in there!

Angry Fist
12-21-2012, 21:50
Sorry to hear that, L. I hope you and your colleauges will cope well. That's horrible. :crying:

NH Trucker
12-21-2012, 21:55
Sorry for your loss. :sadangel:

Berto
12-21-2012, 21:58
That's really sad, very sorry for your loss.

robin303
12-21-2012, 22:03
I'm so sorry to hear this about your friend.

mdlott
12-21-2012, 22:09
Really sorry for your loss.

jame
12-21-2012, 22:33
Suicide sucks.

I lost a friend in 1981 at Christmas break.

Really. Call someone. Anyone. You'll be surprised at how willing people are to talk to you. Just pick up the phone pick a name and hit "call".

PrincessCelica
12-21-2012, 22:41
I've been through some low times where I was afraid to be alone with myself and my thoughts. I will never forget the people who willingly dropped everything despite previous differences to keep me company.

I know the holidays make bad times seem even worse, but I'm begging you all to seek help if you are having thoughts of harming yourself. HELL, PM me your number and I'll gladly sit up with you talking you through to the light.

TBO
12-21-2012, 22:47
Sorry for your loss.

Réquiem ætérnam dona eis, Dómine,
et lux perpétua lúceat eis.
Requiéscant in pace. Amen.

HarleyGuy
12-21-2012, 23:33
Condolences.

Magnus2131
12-21-2012, 23:49
So sorry for your loss.

dwhite53
12-22-2012, 09:51
These things are always sad and usually could have been avoided.

Wife and I lost a friend some years ago to suicide.

She had even baby sat our kids one night three or four days before she took her life.

I lost a friend about 30 years ago who shot himself. Came home after dropping out of college. Had girl friend issues along with other stuff. His father was a real hard-butt colonel in the army and offered no support He obviously just wasn't applying himself and trying hard enough.

He came over my place and it was obvious he wasn't doing well. Knowing what I know now I'd have gotten MUCH more involved. He shot himself a few days after dropping by. I still feel a level of guilt over this.

If someone around you seems out of sorts, talk to them, ask them whats wrong. Try to encourage them to see someone.

All the Best,
D. White

jakebrake
12-22-2012, 09:53
just went through this with an old friend. best i can do is offer an internet hug.

very permanent soultion to a temporary problem

Foxterriermom
12-22-2012, 13:44
I truly wish I had something profound to say that would help ease your pain right now, but unfortunately, I don't. I have been in your position more times than I want to recall, and know first-hand how painful it is to lose someone you know or love to suicide. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

sawgrass
12-22-2012, 13:48
My 15 year old cousin hung himself at our local high school recently. It has been devastating to my family. Your offer to talk to anyone suffering really struck me. Thank you. I wish that my young cousin would have had such an opportunity.

My sincere condolences for your loss.

Please be kind to one another. Life is short at best.

OhioGlock90
12-22-2012, 13:54
I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I have lost two family members to suicide so I know what you are dealing with. Surround yourself with loved ones and let all your friends know that are loved

dango
12-22-2012, 14:17
Don't know what to say but keep the light alive and strong.
This is a time to look deeply to the things that really matter to us as we will carry the light for her .

The best to all this Holiday Season !

rppnj
12-22-2012, 14:24
I lost a co-worker today to an alleged suicide. She was the sweetest woman you could ever have met. She brightened any room she was in. I am just heart broken over this loss. :crying:

So, please, please, please if you are having problems, GET HELP!!!

The holidays are an especially bad time for those suffering from depression. My prayers go out to you, your co-workers and especially your friend.