I just went off on someone on facebook [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I just went off on someone on facebook

harlenm
12-22-2012, 03:01
Not a friend but a friend of a friend. I'm thinking its time to unfriend all my liberal friends.

Original comment.

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z405/harlenm/Screenshot_2012-12-22-04-18-54-1.png

My reply

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z405/harlenm/Screenshot_2012-12-22-04-18-58-1.png

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

singularity35
12-22-2012, 03:07
Bravo!!!

gommer
12-22-2012, 03:15
Props to you.

I live in a red state so I have very little interaction with true liberals aside from on the internet.

I only have one thing to say to offer you comfort.

When all these stooges decry our freedom and attempt to take our right to keep and bear arms - take comfort in knowing one critical detail; They're all unarmed.

:supergrin:

NorthCarolinaLiberty
12-22-2012, 03:31
I usually just ask somebody what they'll do when somebody busts in their house. Most get it; some won't.

The other day somebody told me they don't worry about it because they have a home alarm system. Guess their ears ring double when somebody starts bashing in their skull.

dango
12-22-2012, 04:02
Suicide is singular and anybody has that personal right to choose. To impose your personal ethics on your loved one's
is at least immoral if not criminal.

What kind of person would do NOTHING in defence of his loved ones' ? Living the illusion that nothing will ever threaten you or your loved ones is something I'm not willing to gamble with.

This is deeper than apathy , it is some serious mental disorder !
Denial , what is it you do not see ? Maybe it's me that does not see cause it so simple , DARWINISM !

Pilotdude3407
12-22-2012, 04:06
I usually just ask somebody what they'll do when somebody busts in their house.

Call the police. They will save me...quickly.

Blast
12-22-2012, 04:31
The Liberal left are fools.
I wonder if any would defend themselves at all.:upeyes:

http://i2.cpcache.com/product/122238095/need_a_gun_mug.jpg?side=f

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-No1ql3Yc3Go/UB2jjphS5EI/AAAAAAAAGlM/7RviHlRD_Pk/s1600/gun-control-logic-24568.jpg

Bren
12-22-2012, 06:22
I don't really look at facebook much, but I did yesterday after reading all the facebook nonsense posted by members here. My "facebook friends" are also people I know in real life - probably 98% soldiers, veterans, police or their families. Not a word from anybody about anything gun related - other than one guy in Michigan posting about spotting a wanted felon with a gun on his belt, while off duty and unarmed, but getting him arrested anyhow.

Bren
12-22-2012, 06:26
The Liberal left are fools.
I wonder if any would defend themselves at all.:upeyes:

The approach I often use to explain this to them is, "If I decide to kill you right now (with bare hands, rock, club, knife...), how would you stop me?" The answer, from anybody who needs an explanation of why people need guns, is always, "I guess I couldn't."

Then they instantly block out the lesson and return to their faith.

9jeeps
12-22-2012, 06:28
I made the statement of, "How can any Christian Vote for a Muslim for POTUS??"

I got unfriended by most everyone I knew. Right after they ask me what a POTUS was!

Folsom_Prison
12-22-2012, 06:54
I was somewhere else trying to spill some knowledge and what not with some folks that just don't get it. I made some comments and somebody said twords me....

By your comments I'd imagine your from the Midwest or south, your nuts or something like that.

I responded back by saying, judging by your comments I'd bet you voted for Obama!

Answer I got was damn right I did and thankfully gun reform is coming!

*sigh*

Spiffums
12-22-2012, 07:52
So you played the RACE card to win a Facebook fight...............

M&P Shooter
12-22-2012, 08:27
I went through my Facebook friend's list during election time and checked everybody's political status and I checked what they where posting on their wall. All who where listed as democrat or had post endorsing Obama I deleted. I also posted on my wall......If you are voting for Obama or you are against the 2nd Amendment you are not a friend of mine and you need to delete yourself from my friend list and go to hell. My wife didn't like that I did that but I couldn't take the stupidity anymore of some posts I would see on Facebook.

Anyway I went from 137 friends to 90 and I am so much happier they are gone:supergrin:

raven11
12-22-2012, 08:35
I would love to see his response

harlenm
12-22-2012, 09:05
It was a she.

harlenm
12-22-2012, 09:07
I went through my Facebook friend's list during election time and checked everybody's political status and I checked what they where posting on their wall. All who where listed as democrat or had post endorsing Obama I deleted. I also posted on my wall......If you are voting for Obama or you are against the 2nd Amendment you are not a friend of mine and you need to delete yourself from my friend list and go to hell. My wife didn't like that I did that but I couldn't take the stupidity anymore of some posts I would see on Facebook.

Anyway I went from 137 friends to 90 and I am so much happier they are gone:supergrin:

Its not a friend, its a friend of a friend. He's someone I knew from high school, very liberal, but not obnoxious about it. This girl that replied is over the top. Checked her info, grew up in Illinois and lives in DC now, so its obvious where it comes from

happy seal
12-22-2012, 09:14
Good job Harlem! I myself have been dealing with the liberals as well in full left mode. We are so close to Newtown that I believe emotions are still very high. I have been holding out from arguing with them due to the situation.

When I do return my opinion it is the "who's going to be your first responder" arguement. Then I ask them if they remember the Chesire Home Invasion.

truetopath
12-22-2012, 09:15
Good reply, very well stated!

Kingarthurhk
12-22-2012, 09:55

I find it interesting that religion is a "race". What exactly does a Jew look like? I brought my children 1/4th of what some people would consider "German Jew", and they are all blonde haired and blue eyed.

So, once you figure out what a "religion" looks like racially, let me know.

Are all Baptist men pot bellied with balding hair and booming voices?

Once you figure out what "race" a religion looks like fill me in.

You remind me of some truckers I used to talk to comming through my check point. Most of which were missing a fair amount of teeth. Is that the racial make up of truckers?

Anywho, I would treat everyone equally regardless of skin color, etc. I would ask the same question, "Of what country are you a ctiizen?"

"I'm 'Merican, don't I look like one?" Was the common response.

While were on the subject of what race a religion is, can someone please fill me in on what exactly an American looks like?

Thanking you in advance.

itisbruno
12-22-2012, 10:12
I dispise the someoneone has to do something to protect ME crowd - what has happened to personal responsibility and individual liberty, the principals this country was founded on?

kirgi08
12-22-2012, 10:58
:toilet:

WarCry
12-22-2012, 11:36

I got unfriended by most everyone I knew. Right after they ask me what a POTUS was!

You don't think the problem just MIGHT be that you're a tool?

Just food for thought.

harlenm
12-22-2012, 20:53
Typical liberal. Deleted the post and all my comments.

I guess when you can't win an argument, its best to just delete it and pretend it never happened.

NeverMore1701
12-22-2012, 21:01
Bear.

Chuck66
12-22-2012, 21:14
Typical liberal. Deleted the post and all my comments.

I guess when you can't win an argument, its best to just delete it and pretend it never happened.

The day of the shooting, the first person I encountered who wanted to politicize it was a gay ultra-liberal I went to high school with who simply asked "So when do we talk about gun control?" I answered something to the effect of "When it becomes effective and isn't an emotional, knee-jerk reaction thrown out to make politicians look good and the head-in-the-sand crowd feel better." along with a few other comments.

Several others took the same side as me, and after a few comments, another person came on who obviously wasn't in agreement with me and proceeded to tell all of us who were supporting gun rights that the blood of all those kids was on our hands and told me in particular to #@$% off. Also offered stats such as there being a 2500% higher murder rate in the US than the rest of the world. There was other name calling as well. Typcial liberal. Couldn't form a rational argument, so resorted to name calling when he got called on his numbers.

Then, the original poster deleted the thread completely. He wanted to talk about gun control, then when it didn't go so well, he canned it and turned tail. He'll let Sarah Brady, and Feinstein, and Schumer and Barack fight his fights, just like he'll let the police (if they arrive in time) fight his personal fights rather than arm/train himself in self defense. What makes people think that way? I can't fathom it.

NDCent
12-22-2012, 21:16
Bear.
I saw a bear with bare arms, Rogaine could have prevented that.

Glock20 10mm
12-22-2012, 21:40
bear arms, BEAR ARMS... not bare arms. Words have meaning... spelling is important. Other than my spelling nazi blah, blah... great post!

harlenm
12-23-2012, 06:01
It was at 4 am, sorry!

beatcop
12-23-2012, 07:39
CT is getting the double dose....have to worry about federal law, but also about pukes trying to one-up the Fed law. They are already proposing some stuff that is over the top: 50% ammo tax, mandatory registration of all guns, etc.

Mayhem like Me
12-23-2012, 08:46

That Is a bigot like comment.

Last I checked Judaism had no racial component.

IndyGunFreak
12-23-2012, 10:20
They are already proposing some stuff that is over the top: 50% ammo tax, mandatory registration of all guns, etc.

Holy crap... I figured it was coming, but 50% ammo tax?

Better start getting some reloading equipment fellas.

IGF

Pierre!
12-23-2012, 10:29
Yah, I lost it yesterday too...

Here is my post to some guy says we don't need more than 6 rounds:

Defenseless Zones Must Go –

We Freemen will protect our own, and our friends, children.

I will *NOT* surrender my children's safety to those who swore to "have fixed the issue" only to have the killings continue.

We, The People only have the "right" to police protection as "The Populace at Large"... No individual "right" to protection is granted to us...

That's fine, but understand that as a Man I *will* protect my own, viciously and ruthlessly if necessary, rather than watch them be violated by criminals.

THIS Right was given to me when I was born, and there will be only ONE way to take it from me.

It’s YOUR Choice - Go Ahead and give up your right to protect your family if you choose. Understand *clearly* what you are choosing - You will no longer be able to declare yourself, or your family, as FREE.

I hope you will never find yourself praying as you wait for help to arrive which will be in the form of a man with a gun... If you are lucky The Man With A Gun will arrive before you or your family members are *victims*.

I Will Not abdicate that responsibility to others who have openly demonstrated and declared they will ONLY help ONCE A CRIME has been committed. Only then will they arrive to comfort, or bury, the victims.

Understand these FACTS, and make your decision…

When you grow a pair, fully undertake the responsibility for you, and your family – Then you can join this Freeman club.

Merry Christmass

He replied we still don't need more than 6 rounds, so I fired back that when Military, LEO, and the rest of the world goes to 6 rounds then it might make sense.

Merry Christmass!
Patrick

RYT 2BER
12-23-2012, 21:29
I've had MANY Facebook arguments since this,began

Trapped_in_Kali
12-23-2012, 21:38
WOW, liberal & friend.... does not compute.

skeeter1959
12-23-2012, 22:38

:rofl: