Finacial impact of a U.S. gun ban [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Finacial impact of a U.S. gun ban

houseflipper
12-22-2012, 06:20
As bad as this economy has been the firearms industry has been strong providing jobs and tax revenues to the states and Fed.
If they did pass a FULL all out ban The job losses and billions of dollars in guns,accessories,and ammunition sales I feel would drive us into a deep recession maybe even a depression due to the millions of disenfranchised gun owners.
Any thoughts?

exmdshooter
12-22-2012, 06:35
I'm sure it would have an impact, but what are billions of dollars to a government that spends trillions more than it takes in? Completely inconsequential.

TSAX
12-22-2012, 06:55
Depends on the exact details of the ban that passes. If the 10 round restrictions comes then companies will need to make/produce many 10 rounders for their guns past and present and future. Then are they gonna grandfather the old mags or make them illegal completely to own hi caps. That would force people to buy mags for guns they thought they already enough for. :dunno:

I guess we'll wait and see the specifics after revisions and then if it even passes or if somethings pass, plus whatever other state, county, city local laws arise after. Even if it doesn't pass will some states copy CA and go to 10 rounds as a state law.

:50cal:

dwhite53
12-22-2012, 07:46
Depends on the exact details of the ban that passes. If the 10 round restrictions comes then companies will need to make/produce many 10 rounders for their guns past and present and future. Then are they gonna grandfather the old mags or make them illegal completely to own hi caps.

This isn't over yet. I'm not throwing my money on 10 round mags yet. I could see these people trying 8, 6 or even 5. Remember, we didn't have these problems in the good old six-shooter days.

All the best,
D. White

kenpoprofessor
12-22-2012, 07:52
Necessity becomes the mother of invention. That being said, I don't think "firearms" will be around that much longer with the tech available today. Powder burning cases to shoot small projectiles will become antiquated as we up the ante in the "war on firearms".

I expect the near future to bring us some pretty powerful laser weapons, and the "mag" will simply be a battery pack. How long would it take to up the capacity of a simple CD/DVD/Blueray player????, and can be charged from the energy of the sun?

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

Bruce M
12-22-2012, 08:33
It is a relatively small industry and my guess would be while there may be local impact the impact at the national level on the economy would be negligible.

teumessian_fox
12-22-2012, 08:37
Such laws are passed by liberals. Liberals are mentally ill. Liberalism is a mental illness. Such mentally ill people don't consider repercussions of their actions.

MtBaldy
12-22-2012, 08:44
The whole gun industry accounts for less than 12 billion dollars a year in revenue and that's at an all time high.

Tell any Dim in Congress, "I can get you votes but your support will put a 12 billion dollar a year industry out of business", and his immediate reaction will, "Okey Dokey, where do I sign?"

Understand too that gun control has never been about public safety, it's about populace control. And besides, sacrifices have to be made in a revolution. Sure they bleat about stopping violence but it's a lie. They want violence, they just want to be the ones initiating it.