So, the Mainstream Media changes the story yet again... (Video) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : So, the Mainstream Media changes the story yet again... (Video)

Sammael
12-22-2012, 07:42
In the initial wake of the horrible events at Sandy Hook Elementary, I thought I was the only one to find it a bit strange when the shooter carried out his damnable actions within a matter of minutes, and then ended his life, all the while the M.E. said that virtually all the wounds were inflicted by the long arm... yet it was found in his trunk.

Bear in mind that this all went down within the span of literally a few minutes. When would he have had time to put the AR back into his trunk before he ended his own life? The 'official' timeline of events simply didn't add up... and it still doesn't.

Even the mainstream media (MSNBC of all sources - doesn't get much more liberal than that.) is changing stories (yet again), now saying that there were four handguns found inside, as opposed to the original two, and that the rifle was never removed from the trunk.

If this is true, this changes quite a bit about our current gun control debate/debacle.

Check the MSNBC video out HERE (https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=de3lmAD5kXo#!).

(There is video at the 1:20 mark of officers retreiving the AR from the trunk of his car.)

So... One has to wonder - What's the REAL story? :dunno:

You don't think that the liberal media might be be LYING to us, do you? Fabricating the involvement of a so-called 'assault weapon' to further their agenda? Using the tragedy that occured for their own gain?

Nah... they wouldn't do that, now would they?

All speculation aside, the story has changed multiple times, and is changing again.

Please, take a second to check out the video and you will see exactly what I mean. Thanks.

Paul_J
12-22-2012, 07:47
The gun retrieved from the trunk was a semi-auto shot gun. I believe it was a Saiga.

JohnBT
12-22-2012, 07:47
The real story is never jump to conclusions. Always wait for the completion of the investigation.

kiole
12-22-2012, 07:51
Your information is factually incorrect

The initially news reports were rushed and incorrect.

So far the facts appear to be

Saiga 12 gauge in the trunk never used
Glock 10mm found at scene with shooter
Sig sauer hand gun found at scene with shooter
AR15 found with shooter

The AR15 was used to shoot his way in and to kill everybody inside. He then apparently shot himself with the handgun when he heard police sirens. Each victim was shot 3-11 times by the ar15.

Lockback
12-22-2012, 07:53
The real story is never jump to conclusions. Always wait for the completion of the investigation.

As well as, "Never, under any conditions, depend upon either the government nor the mainstream media to tell us the truth."

Sammael
12-22-2012, 07:56
Their information is factually incorrect.

Fixed it for you.

"Four handguns... and only handguns, that were taken into the school..." as quoted from the MSNBC video.

Not saying that this is correct, incorrect, whatever - Just pointing out that the stories have changed quite a few times. Let's just say for speculation, the AR was in the trunk - when called on that, why not just say it yet was another weapon?

Like I said, all speculation, and the above posters are correct - the 'official' story is that it was a Saiga.

But I'm sure that may be subject to change at any time. :dunno:

M&P15T
12-22-2012, 07:57
(There is video at the 1:20 mark of officers retreiving the AR from the trunk of his car.)

So... One has to wonder - What's the REAL story?

You....uhhh.....own an AR then, do ya?

Mr. Blandings
12-23-2012, 01:10
Please, take a second to check out the video and you will see exactly what I mean. Thanks.I did watch the video. The LEO is using a bolt control located along the SIDE of the receiver.
The AR charging handle is located at the REAR of the receiver.

I do not know exactly what type of firearm was retrieved from the trunk, but it wasn't an AR.

*ASH*
12-23-2012, 01:14
im still waiting to find out about the guy who was in the woods wearing black jacket and camo pants ???? :dunno:

anyone , anyone ? Bueller ?

Sammael
12-23-2012, 04:31
I did watch the video. The LEO is using a bolt control located along the SIDE of the receiver.

I do not know exactly what type of firearm was retrieved from the trunk, but it wasn't an AR.

Maybe I didn't make myself clear enough in the OP...

What I meant by 'see exactly what I mean' is that the story keeps changing.

The quote about retrieving the AR from the trunk was in reference to what MSNBC was reporting. I guess I should have put quotation marks around "AR" (or possibly the whole sentence).

Not to mention - since when has the MSM ever differentiated an AR from any other rifle accurately? I overheard Bill O'Reily referencing an AK-15 the other night... I mean, come on.

In any event, that report also stated no long arm whatsoever was brought into the school. :dunno:

Going by what the MSM is reporting, how are we to know the Saiga in the trunk wasn't the 'AR-15' the shooter took in with him...? That was my entire point: Just how many times is the 'official' story going to change, when will they get their factual information correct, and accordingly, when will we know the REAL story - if ever?

Ash brings up a valid point as well.

On a side note: Beware the 'Bushwhacker' rifle and the 'Sig-Sowzer' 9mm...

This is where mainstream America is getting their information, no matter how erroneous it is - and believing every word of it.

Henry's Dad
12-23-2012, 04:51
I did watch the video. The LEO is using a bolt control located along the SIDE of the receiver.

ARs can have side-action BCGs. Not common, but an option:

http://bisonarmory.com/bolts-bolt-carriers-and-bcgs/

M&P15T
12-23-2012, 05:18
Maybe I didn't make myself clear enough in the OP...

What I meant by 'see exactly what I mean' is that the story keeps changing.

The quote about retrieving the AR from the trunk was in reference to what MSNBC was reporting. I guess I should have put quotation marks around "AR" (or possibly the whole sentence).

Not to mention - since when has the MSM ever differentiated an AR from any other rifle accurately? I overheard Bill O'Reily referencing an AK-15 the other night... I mean, come on.

In any event, that report also stated no long arm whatsoever was brought into the school. :dunno:

Going by what the MSM is reporting, how are we to know the Saiga in the trunk wasn't the 'AR-15' the shooter took in with him...? That was my entire point: Just how many times is the 'official' story going to change, when will they get their factual information correct, and accordingly, when will we know the REAL story - if ever?

Ash brings up a valid point as well.

On a side note: Beware the 'Bushwhacker' rifle and the 'Sig-Sowzer' 9mm...

This is where mainstream America is getting their information, no matter how erroneous it is - and believing every word of it.
http://gifsoup.com/view6/2647536/googletnt2-a.gif

meathead19
12-23-2012, 05:51
How dare you question you wild eyed conspiracist whacko!!!

Where's your handler? :wavey:

Chonny
12-23-2012, 06:00
The only story I put together from info released at the press conferences which I watched online, there's three or so with the police and one with the medical examiner.

That is the only information you should listen to.

The story as reported by the mainstream media was dominated by irresponsible journalism.

humanguerrilla
12-23-2012, 06:02
The coverage was sloppy all around and ripe for conspiracy theorists. All the conflicting reports and then time lapse before reports of casualties. The LEO that said that they had recovered the Bushmaster from the backseat of the car. Then they reported it was the primary weapon and recovered from the shooter after we heard from the coroner. There were the initial reports of a second shooter as always, but the police arrested someone other than the brother. The eyewitness reports of the man in camo pants being taken away by the police were aired and then there was no follow up. The mistake/interview with the dead principal.

Bruce M
12-23-2012, 06:43
Having been on a scene or three over the years and then having watched the news report of same, I remain rather quite satisfied that television news is perhaps not the best source for the truth.

Sammael
12-23-2012, 06:47
Attempt #2 at trolling...

No backpedaling here. Maybe I should have put quotation marks where I didn't put them, but nothing has changed.

Your first attempt at trolling about owning an AR went unanswered, so you posted this one.

1/10 for making me respond though... but it won't happen again. :wavey:

Troll on, my friend... Troll on.

M&P15T
12-23-2012, 06:51
No backpedaling here. Maybe I should have put quotation marks where I didn't put them, but nothing has changed.

Your first attempt at trolling about owning an AR went unanswered, so you posted this one.

Trolling?

Son, methinks you don't get the definition of trolling.

You come in here, totally missunderstanding...well....everything, and ask silly questions out of ignorance.

Then you get caught, and try and back-pedal like Lance Armstrong.

Live Strong son.....Live Strong.

TSAX
12-23-2012, 07:13
Didnt NBC or MSNBC manipulate/alter/edit/keep out info on the 911 call on the Zimmerman case to paint a certain view. Im sure someone here will remember and comment on this better than I. But its hard to get all the facts correct or without some twisted agenda from the media.

:50cal:

Cavalry Doc
12-23-2012, 07:54

I'd have to take the other guys side in this one. That was clearly an AK variant being taken out of the trunk. I've been to plenty of shooting/mortar/rocket scenes. Rarely are first reports correct.

In this case, the news media, almost all of them, raced to the microphones and camera's with every shred of information they could get, without vetting most of it. There are bound to be inconsistencies, and there are plenty of people out there that can't grasp reality. Missing details irritate their OCD, so they fill in the gaps with brain spackle.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p158/CavalryDoc/th_Untitled-1.jpg (http://s127.beta.photobucket.com/user/CavalryDoc/media/Untitled-1.jpg.html)

Maybe brain spackle should be banned. It creates paranoid schizophrenic conspiracy nuts.

One thing that I found interesting, is it seems like the shooter (may his name never be spoken again) was a tree hugging liberal. That didn't get a lot of air time either.
http://www.salon.com/2012/12/17/adam_lanza_was_a_vegan/

I've never trusted people that are in denial of their omnivore nature. But that's just me.