Run, Hide, Fight.. what do ya think of this info vid? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Run, Hide, Fight.. what do ya think of this info vid?

bocaboca
12-22-2012, 08:19
From the people at Ready Houston: a six minute video suggesting what to do if you’re at work, or church or elsewhere and someone starts shooting.

http://www.nationalterroralert.com/2012/12/17/active-shooter-what-you-can-do/

Comments on the advice they give?
It seems no one carried.

deputy tom
12-22-2012, 08:34
From the people at Ready Houston: a six minute video suggesting what to do if you’re at work, or church or elsewhere and someone starts shooting.

http://www.nationalterroralert.com/2012/12/17/active-shooter-what-you-can-do/

Comments on the advice they give?
It seems no one carried.

I received this video a month or so ago and it has some good points. I hope I never get caught in a similar situation.tom.

ranger1968
12-22-2012, 08:40
Actually, that wasn't too bad;

I will give the disclaimer that it's ALWAYS better to be armed, but in the event that someone is not, doing one of the 3 things they suggested- running , hiding, or fighting , in that order- are far better options than simply sitting there waiting to be shot.

I liked that they prioritzed the responses, with getting out-running- as the first priority; and they also talked of preventing others from entering the danger zone, finding a safe spot, calling for help, etc; with hiding, when running was not an option, they made good points about finding cover, silencing devices, staying quiet, etc; and with fighting, I noticed that they referenced aggression, using weapons, and taking the initative in the attack;

For a lot of us, some of these concepts are things we take for granted, but for many people, they would have never considered doing thigs like finding hard cover, making improvised weapons, or warning others from a kill zone.

I also liked the subtle hint they gave as to the fallacy of the "gun-free zone" when they showed the guy opening the front door with the no firearms notice on it....

All in all, for a quick video that could be shown to people who are , for whatever reason, forced to work in a no-firearms area, and who are essentially non-confrontational types, it's not bad.

Averageman
12-22-2012, 08:54
Seems pretty basic and common sense to me.
I don't understand why anyone would use a fire extenguisher as a blunt object before blasting the contents of the extenguisher in to the eyes of the shooter first.
Whatever works and run, hide and fight are pretty easy to remember.

M&P Shooter
12-22-2012, 09:05
I prefer to be the one armed in the building who never told his coworkers and I shoot the manic in the head, get fired but the hottest girl in the building is grateful and shows up at my house in a teddy holding a cold case of beer:supergrin: