NRA pay it forward if you can [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : NRA pay it forward if you can

sawgrass
12-22-2012, 09:23
Lone_Wolfe has sponsored a NRA drive type activity on here before.

In light of current events and LW's effort in the first place,
I just renewed "m2hmghb" for 3 years.

Merry Christmas m2.

A lifetime member sponsored me to allow me to upgrade to a 'Lifetime Membership". Thank you.

Folks pay it forward if you can!

m2hmghb
12-22-2012, 11:16
Thank you Sawgrass. I can't pay it forward right now, but I'll try to when I can.

sawgrass
12-22-2012, 12:21
m2 prayers for you and your familly. I know that you are doing the best that you can. I have enjoyed getting to know you a little bit on here.

My intent of this thread is that if you can join the NRA, do it.

If you can afford to gift a membership, do it. The NRA is strong but there is a tough road ahead.

It was interesting this morning on the phone with them.
At first they said I needed all of the person gifting me the cheaper lifetime membership, contact info. I said I only have his full name and membership #. The lady said we have to have his contact info. Then I told her that my SO and I are both teachers and this is important to us and that I would like to complete this transaction if at all possible. She put me on hold and eventually came back and said ok , we can do it. School policy prevents us from protecting ourselves. It's important to me to support them as much as I can.

Carrys
12-22-2012, 13:28
God Bless ya guys.

Merry Christmas to ya!:wavey:

sawgrass
12-22-2012, 13:33
God Bless ya guys.

Merry Christmas to ya!:wavey:

Thank you.
Merry Christmas to you.

JBG30
12-22-2012, 14:53
Funny you posted this, I gifted two memberships last night, neither are gun owners but support our side and see the anti's as having no common sense.

G26S239
12-22-2012, 16:29
I gave up on gifting memberships when it became apparent that no one that I bought a membership for ever cared enough to renew when it cost them money. Not saying that applies to you sawgrass or m2hmghb. Just my own experience.

sawgrass
12-22-2012, 16:44
I gave up on gifting memberships when it became apparent that no one that I bought a membership for ever cared enough to renew when it cost them money. Not saying that applies to you sawgrass or m2hmghb. Just my own experience.

That happens unfortunately. I guess a gift is a gift.
In regards to current events, anything we do to help the NRA will hopefully help us.

LW is the one to lead a membership drive. I will sure be happy when she is able.

canis latrans
12-22-2012, 17:21
I sponsored an annual membership for a military serviceman/woman last week when responding to a fund-raising effort call by the NRA (in addition to my contribution)

felt real Good, folks!

sawgrass
12-22-2012, 17:29
I sponsored an annual membership for a military serviceman/woman last week when responding to a fund-raising effort call by the NRA (in addition to my contribution)

felt real Good, folks!

That's a nice idea! Might do more good than cookies.

sawgrass
12-22-2012, 17:31
Funny you posted this, I gifted two memberships last night, neither are gun owners but support our side and see the anti's as having no common sense.

My buddy passed along the reduced gift to one of my not as gun friendly friends today as well. One step and one mind at a time.

Lone_Wolfe
12-22-2012, 21:11
That's a nice idea! Might do more good than cookies.

Whaty a great idea! Sawgrass, if you can come up with a GT'er or 2 that need NRA memberships, I'll sponsor them. :wavey:

sawgrass
12-22-2012, 21:18
Whaty a great idea! Sawgrass, if you can come up with a GT'er or 2 that need NRA memberships, I'll sponsor them. :wavey:

LW I don't know anyone really. My posts are fairly limited.
So folks here it is ....LW can help you.

LW thank you on so many levels.

CBennett
12-23-2012, 15:38
Mine is now up for renewal cant afford a lifetime but I will be renewing soon.

CBennett
12-23-2012, 16:23
Just renewed!

MasterShake
12-23-2012, 16:47
I'd like to! I just have no idea what's involved or the costs.. :dunno:

Lone_Wolfe
12-23-2012, 20:36
I'd like to! I just have no idea what's involved or the costs.. :dunno:

It's usually $25 or $35 for a year's membership, and is doesn't cost any extra to buy for someone else.

Someone posted a link recently where the memebership was $25, and you got a $25 gift card. I'm going to try to find that and use it.

Lone_Wolfe
12-23-2012, 22:36
Putting the $25 membership link in here for later....

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1459248

Jade Falcon
12-23-2012, 22:49
NRA member here, but I can't sponsor anyone here because I have no money.

sawgrass
12-24-2012, 08:26
Thanks everyone! There is a tough road ahead and the NRA needs our support. It costs money to lobby.

Lone_Wolfe it's great to see you posting!