How tall are your aftermarket sights? I'm hitting way too high. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : How tall are your aftermarket sights? I'm hitting way too high.

eric10mm
12-22-2012, 13:34
I must be a slow learner.

On my now third different 9mm Glock I have installed a set of Heinie sights. I really like the precise sight picture they give me. I installed a Classic/Original set on a 17L, a SlantPro 3-dot tritium set on a G17 and now a SlantPro Ledge 3-dot tritium set on a G19. Heinie sights are far from cheap. On all three pistols the rear sight in the set is .250" tall and the front sights is .215" tall. On all three pistols the shots were impacting ~4-6" high at 25yds with 115gn bullets. I had other shooters try the guns with the same results.

I measured the OE sight heights, which hit POA=POI, to be .175" rear and .165" front for a difference of .010" height. The Heinies' have a height difference of .035" which equals .025" more differential than the OE sights.

With the 17 & 17L, after working my way through their customer service department, eventually I got to speak to Richard Heinie himself. His only offer of help was to offer me reduced purchase prices on taller replacement front sights. So, gritting my teeth, I paid for replacement taller front sights on the G17 & G17L. Now it appears that I must do this again with the G19.

I would greatly appreciate it if you all would give me the installed height of your aftermarket sight sets that hit POA=POI for comparison.

Thank you,
Eric

smokin762
12-22-2012, 13:57
I have Mepro Night Sights on 4 of my Glocks and a set of OEM Night Sights on 1 of my Glocks. At 7 yards, they are at point of aim. At 25 yards, I have to use a 6 O clock hold.

SJ 40
12-25-2012, 14:11
Dawson would have exchanged them assuming one hasn't damaged them during installation until they were correct. This handy method will also help.

http://www.dawsonprecision.com/CategoryProductList.jsp?cat=SIGHTS+FRONT
SJ 40