i can see it coming,,, need a clean mental bill of health to buy guns [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : i can see it coming,,, need a clean mental bill of health to buy guns

G-34
12-22-2012, 16:03
from here on out, what if that happend?

i can see them doing it and using it arbitrarily.

for example if you have EVER taken ANY depression meds or any thing like that EVEN ONE TIME in your life,

BAM! you can not buy a gun of any kind,

do you see where im going with this?

what say you? an outright infringement on the 2A?

please discuss:wavey:

DustyJacket
12-22-2012, 17:39
I felt a little down, then had some chocolate cake and cheered right up.
Does that count?

Check in with the new combat vets. A lot are diagnosed with PTSD for minor things, then they have a heck of a time buying guns.

Drain You
12-22-2012, 17:40
Well I better start learning Karate now.

Kingarthurhk
12-22-2012, 17:41
I guess the first test would be:

Do you live in your mother's basement and does she leave you unattended with her firearms?

Do you look like Topher Grace?

ray9898
12-22-2012, 17:48
Check in with the new combat vets. A lot are diagnosed with PTSD for minor things, then they have a heck of a time buying guns.

Actually they don't unless they have such a serious case that they have been committed to a mental institution or the courts declare them incompetent or a danger.

Very few cases of any mental illness reach this level which is part of the current issue at hand. All sorts of veterans being treated for PTSD can walk into a gun store any buy without anything popping up.

12-22-2012, 17:54
Actually they don't unless they have such a serious case that they have been committed to a mental institution or the courts declare them incompetent or a danger.

Very few cases of any mental illness reach this level which is part of the current issue at hand. All sorts of veterans being treated for PTSD can walk into a gun store any buy without anything popping up.

If the status of PTSD changes in regards to firearms purchases/possession, it'll get interesting.

sjfrellc
12-22-2012, 18:03
I see it coming too, it will be like ugly movie in 2002 Minority Report all over again with ugly Berettas for civilians that have a three round magazines and the authorities taking down psychotics in the womb.

yellowhand
12-22-2012, 18:30
Active duty military, LEO's, Feds, Correction Officers, Probation officers, security officers, rent a cops, private security, and on and on,
Before I gave it up, ran psych clinics both in and out of the army, if any law is passed, it will affect a huge % of folks now who carry daily for a living, don't see that happening.
What could be changed is the process to get someone nuts taken off the street faster and keep them in longer, but that will be hard, costs $$$$ and runs 750.00 a day++++ and the states would go broke, reason they stopped in the first place.
Then the legal stuff, if anyone goes before a judge, $$$$$ and also, if you ain't nuts in the court room, you walk out with all rights.
If you have not commited a crime, but might in the future, ever becomes the law of the land, then all bets are off, but if you think it costs $$$ for prisons, we have 25,000 plus laws on how to keep a psych patient off the streets, not going to happen.

Pierre!
12-22-2012, 19:16
Nothing like having your 'neighbor' being able to call you in as 'mental'...

My X turned my family against me while pregnant and hormonal... They threatened to call the mental hospital.

Long story short - That stuff won't fly again with me.

So - We have folks who feeeeeel afraid around guns who have or are willing to give up their Freeman Rights to hope their children are saved 'during the crime' ... Again...

Thought that was solved with the LAST Assault Weapons ban...

So - The Clinical definition of Instanity is...
Doing the same thing repeatedly expecting different results...

And These Are The People Morally Capable of Judging MY Sanity???

One of two things will happen...

1) We will be locked up because of 'an unnatural obsession with firearms'...

Or

2) They will all be committed cause obviously they aren't capable of proper cognitive thought... period... cause they are doing the same thing, repeatedly, expecting those different results! :supergrin:

We just got to figure out the right angles to item #2.

Agreed???

Merry Chirstmass!

Patrick

PS - Feel free to start any experimentation with My Family. :rofl: