Is this dude a ATF agent? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Is this dude a ATF agent?

M&P Shooter
12-22-2012, 16:44
I just sent a member from the PA gun forum a PM to tell him I want to buy his S&W M&PC 9mm NIB for his asking price of $350 He ask me could we meet FTF and do a private sale. I told him "no that's not legal" He said he just moved from Ohio and they didn't need to do that and he wants to meet me for a FTF sale. He is a new member joined Nov 2012. I told him FTF at a FFL only or forget it. He did not respond back to me even though I told him I will pay transfer. I think he was a ATF scumbag or something!

Ruggles
12-22-2012, 16:50
Maybe he has not had to do that in the past so he does not understand it fully. Here is Texas you can meet anywhere and do a sale with no FFL. I have bought and sold a pretty good amount of guns in parking lots and at gun shows this way.

Kingarthurhk
12-22-2012, 16:52
Did his avatar look like this:

http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/eric-holder.jpeg

:rofl:

M&P Shooter
12-22-2012, 16:53
Maybe he has not had to do that in the past so he does not understand it fully. Here is Texas you can meet anywhere and do a sale with no FFL. I have bought and sold a pretty good amount of guns in parking lots and at gun shows this way.
I explained to him it's the law in PA and I will pay for transfer and he stopped the communication. It was a sweet deal but that's that:crying:

Kingarthurhk
12-22-2012, 16:53

True, but he lives in Liberalvania, they aren't used to our free ways.:supergrin:

Ruggles
12-22-2012, 17:03
Who knows why he cut the communication. I have bought and sold on Texas Gun Trader roughly 6 times, meeting in parking lots at Best Buy, Home Depot etc. Bought twice and sold the other four times. Transactions from $500 to $2500. Never an issue. But I bet some folks have had bad experiences. Something else will come along for you.

Adams454
12-22-2012, 17:05
Sounds to me like he wants to meet you for a little robbery. And FFL holders frown on that, so he wants to do it privately.

Kingarthurhk
12-22-2012, 17:07
Who knows why he cut the communication. I have bought and sold on Texas Gun Trader roughly 6 times, meeting in parking lots at Best Buy, Home Depot etc. Bought twice and sold the other four times. Transactions from $500 to $2500. Never an issue. But I bet some folks have had bad experiences. Something else will come along for you.

Have you noticed on Teas Gun Trader the prices have gone up to the price of a Springfield Socom II for a WASR AK? The silliness has infected there as well. I looked at it just the other day to amuse myself with the gouging and panic buying.

Heck, I figured most gun enthusiasts in Texas already had an AR and an AK in their collection.

M&P Shooter
12-22-2012, 17:09
Sounds to me like he wants to meet you for a little robbery. And FFL holders frown on that, so he wants to do it privately.
Hard to rob a angry armed German:cool:

Ruggles
12-22-2012, 17:16
Have you noticed on Teas Gun Trader the prices have gone up to the price of a Springfield Socom II for a WASR AK? The silliness has infected there as well. I looked at it just the other day to amuse myself with the gouging and panic buying.

Heck, I figured most gun enthusiasts in Texas already had an AR and an AK in their collection.

Just went over to that site today to look around, but it was down for maintenance. I am not surprised to hear about the pricing though. Heck it is going on here on GT in the classified section.

I would love to sell a couple of ARs to get a new 1911 or two :supergrin:

Kingarthurhk
12-22-2012, 17:26
Just went over to that site today to look around, but it was down for maintenance. I am not surprised to hear about the pricing though. Heck it is going on here on GT in the classified section.

I would love to sell a couple of ARs to get a new 1911 or two :supergrin:

I rarely duplicate things, unless, of course, my wife decides she likes something. Then, out of a sense of preservation, I get her the copy.:supergrin:

Ruggles
12-22-2012, 17:33
I rarely duplicate things, unless, of course, my wife decides she likes something. Then, out of a sense of preservation, I get her the copy.:supergrin:

Yeah but 1911s are never really the same, so many kinds :)

vikingsoftpaw
12-23-2012, 01:31
Maybe a journalist look to make a big anti guns propaganda score.

stevelyn
12-23-2012, 01:36
Try to see if you can start an arguement with him on F&F, Waco or Ruby Ridge. If he gets all indignant and defensive, he's probably a BAFEces puke. If he agrees with you he's probably okay............ or he's a well disciplined BATFEces puke.

Ohio Copper
12-23-2012, 01:40
ATF scumbag....lol

Folsom_Prison
12-23-2012, 01:44
Mopar sux, that's clear. We need to ban that nonsense. Loo

kateean2
12-23-2012, 02:05
Maybe he has not had to do that in the past so he does not understand it fully.
http://www.booksstore.info/vk/als.jpg
http://www.booksstore.info/polo/man.jpg

Cochese
12-23-2012, 02:51
I just sent a member from the PA gun forum a PM to tell him I want to buy his S&W M&PC 9mm NIB for his asking price of $350 He ask me could we meet FTF and do a private sale. I told him "no that's not legal" He said he just moved from Ohio and they didn't need to do that and he wants to meet me for a FTF sale. He is a new member joined Nov 2012. I told him FTF at a FFL only or forget it. He did not respond back to me even though I told him I will pay transfer. I think he was a ATF scumbag or something!

An ATF scumbag?

:upeyes:

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

RyanBDawg
12-23-2012, 03:13
He might not know the laws in PA. Where I live you can do a private sale FTF with no problem.

stevelyn
12-23-2012, 04:02
An ATF scumbag?

:upeyes:

Yeah, those upstanding thugs that brought you Ruby Ridge, Waco and Fast & Furious aka Gunwalker.

Bren
12-23-2012, 04:24

Well, he's right that that's perfectrly legal in most states. I didn't realize PA had gotten to the point where you can't even sell your guns.

Russ in PA
12-23-2012, 04:42
I watch the classifieds on that site like a hawk. I might have contacted the seller if he lived closer to me. It looks like he has the pistol sold - he's edited the post to read:

"Sold pending funds on Monday. Will update with results of meet."

'Wonder if he found someone agreeable to a FTF deal?

boozer
12-23-2012, 04:52
I explained to him it's the law in PA and I will pay for transfer ...

This is one reason why I worry about laws which may be enacted to close the "gunshow loophole".

Paying transfer fees, plus I'm sure my state will want to collect sales tax on the transaction.

barbedwiresmile
12-23-2012, 06:54
Yeah, those upstanding thugs that brought you Ruby Ridge, Waco and Fast & Furious aka Gunwalker.

When criticized, costumed enforcers close ranks.

Ohio Copper
12-23-2012, 09:33
When criticized, costumed enforcers close ranks.

Lolwut

jph02
12-23-2012, 09:44
Probably not BATFE. They're not there to enforce PA law, so could care less about trying to ensnare you on a FTF. Was there something else, like maybe the serial number was filed off?

certifiedfunds
12-23-2012, 10:02
Offer to meet him in Mexico to do the deal. Only way to be sure.

Glockdude1
12-23-2012, 10:05
Did his avatar look like this:

http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/eric-holder.jpeg

He gives weapons away, not buying them!!

ray9898
12-23-2012, 10:10
Feds don't enforce state law.

Ohio Copper
12-23-2012, 10:21
Feds don't enforce state law.

Wah wah!!!

Shhh...don't give it away...now what will we laugh at?

John Rambo
12-23-2012, 10:23

You should've agreed and called the cops and set up a sting. Maybe you would've ended up with Sheriffs and ATF agents pointing guns at eachother. That would've been good for lots of :rofl:.

ray9898
12-23-2012, 10:40
Wah wah!!!

Shhh...don't give it away...now what will we laugh at?

I guess you are right.....let them run with an 'ATF scumbag" who is setting up a sting for something not illegal by fed law.:wavey:

Lee-online
12-23-2012, 11:21
True, but he lives in Liberalvania, they aren't used to our free ways.:supergrin:

Having to do transfers on handguns is a black mark on PA but you will find our gun laws are actually better than those in TX.

Probably not ATF but could be a reporter trying to make a story.

Kingarthurhk
12-23-2012, 11:22
He gives weapons away, not buying them!!

They don't steal them.:tongueout: Yet.

Ruggles
12-23-2012, 11:31
Having to do transfers on handguns is a black mark on PA but you will find our gun laws are actually better than those in TX.

You dare imply you damn yankees have better guns laws than us rednecks? How so sir? :tongueout:

Kingarthurhk
12-23-2012, 12:51

Please, tell me how they are? We have an awesome CCL production in Texas that keeps Austin busy. We have a governor who is pushing for a carry anywhere in the State. We have a system where you can actually buy a firearm with less hassle with a CCL. We have reciprocity with multiple states that recognize Texas. There is a gunshow going on pretty much every weekend someplace.

Gunshops are plentiful. We have a huge online system called Texas Gun Trader where people all over the state can do face to face meetings, or get deals from FFL merchants.

So, far I think we win.

Jud325
12-23-2012, 13:14
Please, tell me how they are? We have an awesome CCL production in Texas that keeps Austin busy. We have a governor who is pushing for a carry anywhere in the State. We have a system where you can actually buy a firearm with less hassle with a CCL. We have reciprocity with multiple states that recognize Texas. There is a gunshow going on pretty much every weekend someplace.

Gunshops are plentiful. We have a huge online system called Texas Gun Trader where people all over the state can do face to face meetings, or get deals from FFL merchants.

So, far I think we win.

$20.00 for 5 years.
No training required.
No fingerprints.
Most counties issue on the spot with a 10 to 15 minute wait.
Oc without permit- with some restrictions.
No restrictions on alcohol and carry.

Kingarthurhk
12-23-2012, 13:20
$20.00 for 5 years.
No training required.
No fingerprints.
Most counties issue on the spot with a 10 to 15 minute wait.
Oc without permit- with some restrictions.
No restrictions on alcohol and carry.

Mine is good for 5.

We do have an increased fee.

Fingerprints are required along with a background check. This keeps the bad guys out, and speeds up background checks for a gun purchase.

I OC carry when hunting.

I don't drink. Firearms and intoxicants don't mix.

The lack of training is probably why you guys don't have reciprocity. You have to pass a written exam and show proficiency with your firearm. That has led to more states readily accepting Texas CCL's as legitimate.

So far, I am not seeing a win for PA.

Lee-online
12-23-2012, 15:55
We can carry almost everywhere, only restrictions are federal and court houses, that must by law provide lock boxes for carriers to store their weapon.

We dont have 30.06 signs. A sign carries no weight of law here. Bars ok, churches ok, polling places ok, hospital ok, amusement parks ok, racetracks ok, take your gun everywhere. Schools are even ok here according to the law but most dont carry there because it hasnt been settled in court to make sure is absolutely ok.

Open carry without any permit. At 18.

PA honors any states permit for car carry.

No duty to inform.

PA has almost 2300 licensed gun dealers.

Last year 170,000 permits were issued, as noted, $20 for 5 years in and out in under 15 minutes. Because of this "lack of training" we dont have the reciprocity in as many states but, its only 5 less than TX.

So really, does TX have laws that much better than PA?
Maybe easier to buy a gun in TX but it is soo much easier to carry one in PA. I carry everyday and only buy a few a year so i would prefer to have better carry laws. :wavey:

AK_Stick
12-23-2012, 15:56
The only state with winning CC rules is Alaska. Watching other states squabble over who's 2nd best is amusing.

Mayhem like Me
12-23-2012, 17:17
More than likely a libertarian scumbag that does not want uncle sugar in his bit niz.

certifiedfunds
12-23-2012, 18:45
More than likely a libertarian scumbag that does not want uncle sugar in his bit niz.

Libertarians are scumbags because they don't want the government involved in their gun purchase?

JLB768
12-23-2012, 18:47
Maybe a journalist look to make a big anti guns propaganda score.

My first thought as well.

Mayhem like Me
12-23-2012, 19:24
Libertarians are scumbags because they don't want the government involved in their gun purchase?
Follow the. Whole thread...

certifiedfunds
12-23-2012, 19:25
Follow the. Whole thread...

K. Sorry. Ill go back

*ASH*
12-23-2012, 19:27
never talk to the ATF scumbags

janice6
12-23-2012, 19:35
Yeah but 1911s are never really the same, so many kinds :)

No they're not. they are all identical. Ask BAC.:tongueout:

vart
12-23-2012, 20:02
The only state with winning CC rules is Alaska. Watching other states squabble over who's 2nd best is amusing.

Arizona requires no CCW or class to carry concealed or open carry.

The only way Alaska is better is if they give you the pistol as well...:tongueout:

goldenlight
12-24-2012, 01:35

Or the gun is stolen, or was used in a murder, or both.

Anybody who doesn't want to follow the law, isn't somebody you want to do business with.

Ohio Copper
12-24-2012, 01:48
never talk to the ATF scumbags

What if they talk to you first? Will you not create joinder with them?

What if one asks you how your day is going? Would you be that rude?

gommer
12-24-2012, 17:08
Hard to rob a angry armed German:cool:

Just as an FYI - a local gun forum had something like this happen where they did rob the guy from the forum.

Not only did they rob him but it turned out they had been doing it for some time all across the nation.

I would turn him in, personally. Sounds way too fishy. Part of being a responsible gun owner is abiding by and respecting the laws we have protecting those rights.

The moment we stop doing that, those who would seek to take said right would have JUST the ammunition they'd need to do it. And it would be our own community who delivered it.