Glock 34 Sight Adjustment Question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock 34 Sight Adjustment Question

Tom D
12-22-2012, 19:28
I just noticed another thread just below but really didnt address adjustment.

The user manual is less than informative. I know it wouldn't take a lot to figure it out but I thought I'd ask first.

There are 2 adjusting screws, windage and elev. (I was surprised at the screw size and glad they supplied the screw driver.

Which is which... forward screw adjusts? rearward screw adjust what? and clock wise moves the sight in which direction.

What is the process for removing both front and rear if I were to replace them? Looks like a nut on the front and I know I have nothing that would fit it is there a tool for it. If its a socket there sure isn't the clearance around it for one to go on and the rear? What takes it off?

Im not very familiar with the Glock though ive had a 21 but sold it (good shooter) I'm new to a 9mm and the 34 and thought the 34 would be a fun one.

Shot it today and probably need to move the POI to the right (@10yds) about 1-2 inchs. Elevation was fine I suppose I could start cranking and figure it out, but didn't. Thought I'd get all the sight questions out of the way at once.

Thanks

davsco
12-22-2012, 20:22
to remove front, you can grind down the outer diameter of a socket, or just buy the specific tool for the small nut, which is around $12 and i believe even comes with some sight sets.

to remove rear you can bang it out with a punch and hammer, and put new sight in with wooden dowel and hammer.

check out warren-sevigny competition, wide rear notch and front fiber optic, great fast sight acquisition.

Unclebud
12-23-2012, 09:57
The rear (top) screw is for elevation and the side (bottom) screw is for side to side. Turn clockwise to move sight to the right and counterclockwise to move sight to the left.

Tom D
12-23-2012, 10:14
Thanks guys my question is answered.