Don't blame sellers for high prices, they are the only help [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Don't blame sellers for high prices, they are the only help

elsolo
12-22-2012, 21:26
Demand is what is driving the insane price increase.

Every time one of those "price gougers" rips off somebody on gunbroker by allowing them to freely bid on pmags until they are $100, that "price gouger" just did everybody a favor.

Individual sellers are the only additional supply available to meet the increased demand.
Every item put up for sale right now, helps the supply/demand imbalance.

I am not selling my stuff, you can blame people like me for "screwing over" today's panic buyers because I am not sharing, not even for a few hundred extra dollars.

Quit complaining about people and businesses that are actually willing to sell off inventory, they are the only ones helping to calm this madness.

I'M Glockamolie
12-22-2012, 21:30
You can't gouge on a completely optional purchase. If someone wants to be dumb, let 'em. I call it stupid tax. I was in the car biz years ago, and watched people pay $4k OVER STICKER for a PT Cruiser when they came out. How dumb was that?

Ruggles
12-22-2012, 21:35
You can't gouge on a completely optional purchase. If someone wants to be dumb, let 'em. I call it stupid tax. I was in the car biz years ago, and watched people pay $4k OVER STICKER for a PT Cruiser when they came out. How dumb was that?

Hey those PTs were chick magnets back in the day!

elsolo
12-22-2012, 21:41
They were, for about two weeks (three in Canada).

Ruggles
12-22-2012, 21:48
They were, for about two weeks (three in Canada).

Poor Canucks....no NHL again this season it appears

jrayharder
12-22-2012, 21:59
From what I see on Gunbroker the prices are back to normal as there are a flood of mags on there now. I noticed Friday morning the prices on completed auctions were about $80, at noon when I was on the computer over lunch they were closing at about $50, and by the time I got home they were $13-$20, and there's a lot more available than there were 48 hours ago. Don't you love the old diamond/water paradox?

elsolo
12-22-2012, 22:17
From what I see on Gunbroker the prices are back to normal as there are a flood of mags on there now. I noticed Friday morning the prices on completed auctions were about $80, at noon when I was on the computer over lunch they were closing at about $50, and by the time I got home they were $13-$20, and there's a lot more available than there were 48 hours ago. Don't you love the old diamond/water paradox?

I haven't seen an auction close less than $40 per pmag
GI mags and such are still less insane.

2 for $92
5 for $200
that's where they are closing right now.

Again, we can thank the sellers a.k.a."price gougers" for supplying the market to help shift the supply/demand back towards an equilibrium.

jrayharder
12-22-2012, 22:35
I haven't seen an auction close less than $40 per pmag
GI mags and such are still less insane.

2 for $92
5 for $200
that's where they are closing right now.

Again, we can thank the sellers a.k.a."price gougers" for supplying the market to help shift the supply/demand back towards an equilibrium.

Yeah, for some reason my search results were showing older random auctions first when searching completed listings...