Property laws in the USA [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Property laws in the USA

RWBlue
12-22-2012, 21:46
Besides slaves, has the gov. ever decided to take away property from everyone in the USA?

I know there has been specific cases with they wanted to renew a neighborhood or build a road, but that is different.

I am thinking that when they had prohibition they just said new production is off limits.

Is there another case besides slavery?

Rabbi
12-22-2012, 21:58
You might want to read up on Executive Order 6102.

You might want to read up on Eminent Domain.

Those are two places to start.

RWBlue
12-22-2012, 22:09
Eminent Domain works for roads and such.

Executive Order 6102 seems to be an exception to the rule and not the rule.

racer11
12-22-2012, 22:12
My parents lost their home of 40 years under the emanate domain clause.

A private business with a lot of money just decided to put their business where my parents and 154 other home owners owned private property that they had paid for.

The private business just decided that this location was just right for them and so they took the land. Yea they paid my parents for the property,,,barely paid them market value,,,what they got they could never purchase anything similar to what they lost or taken from them.

The private business was a NASCAR track "Kansas Speedway"

So if Mohammad Mohammad wants a 7-11 where your house is he can have it as he wants if he has lots of money.

Patchman
12-22-2012, 22:12
Eminent Domain for "roads and such?" I think you should catch up on case law for that subject for the past 20 years or so. :whistling:

Rabbi
12-22-2012, 22:16

Um, you asked:

Besides slaves, has the gov. ever decided to take away property from everyone in the USA?

6102 is a damned fine answer to that question.

sawgrass
12-22-2012, 22:30
Many Gay couples after years of commitment to each other have their property stripped away when one dies. Sometimes while one is ill and the other is battling family and the govt. because after 20 or so years they aren't really a couple.

CAcop
12-22-2012, 22:45
Probably the most specific example i can come up with is the internment of Japanese, German, and Italian Americans in WW2.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
12-22-2012, 23:06
Nothing like civil forfeiture to support guilty until proven innocent.

http://www.ij.org/images/publications/pub-covers/afcover.jpg (http://www.ij.org/images/pdf_folder/other_pubs/assetforfeituretoemail.pdf)

http://www.ij.org/policing-for-profit-the-abuse-of-civil-asset-forfeiture-4

Download PDF here: http://www.ij.org/images/pdf_folder/other_pubs/assetforfeituretoemail.pdf

NorthCarolinaLiberty
12-22-2012, 23:13

It also works when well connected private firms have government expand definitions of terms like blight. The "public use" that was used for roads and schools turned into "public benefit" over the past 30 years.

Need a new mall? No problem, when you can use your omnipresent government to steamroll everyone in your way.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
12-22-2012, 23:17

FDR implemented a lot of those "exceptional" things that are your rule today.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
12-22-2012, 23:43
My parents lost their home of 40 years under the emanate domain clause.

A private business with a lot of money just decided to put their business where my parents and 154 other home owners owned private property that they had paid for.

The private business just decided that this location was just right for them and so they took the land. Yea they paid my parents for the property,,,barely paid them market value,,,what they got they could never purchase anything similar to what they lost or taken from them.

The private business was a NASCAR track "Kansas Speedway"

So if Mohammad Mohammad wants a 7-11 where your house is he can have it as he wants if he has lots of money.

I did not know that about KS Speedway. I looked it up for more information. The courts said "the development of the auto race track facility and related projects are valid public purposes." A perfect example of some slimy private interests combining with big government. :steamed::steamed::steamed:

*ASH*
12-22-2012, 23:44
its happening here in NC big time , saw on news the other night , there is a proposed new road way for area in wake county , a older couple owns alot of the land , WELL the government put a hold on their land and they cant sell to nobody .

on the other side of road , neighbors sold a piece of land to Walgreens for $700,000 bucks .

the old couple could make some bigtime bucks , BUT , the state has their land tied up in court , THEIR LAND .

TactiCool
12-22-2012, 23:49

I know there has been specific cases with they wanted to renew a neighborhood or build a road, but that is different.

I am thinking that when they had prohibition they just said new production is off limits.

Is there another case besides slavery?

Read up, man. :wavey:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/03/16/executive-order-national-defense-resources-preparedness

Sec. 308. Government-Owned Equipment. The head of each agency engaged in procurement for the national defense is delegated the authority of the President under section 303(e) of the Act, 50 U.S.C. App. 2093(e), to:

(a) procure and install additional equipment, facilities, processes, or improvements to plants, factories, and other industrial facilities owned by the Federal Government and to procure and install Government owned equipment in plants, factories, or other industrial facilities owned by private persons;

(b) provide for the modification or expansion of privately owned facilities, including the modification or improvement of production processes, when taking actions under sections 301, 302, or 303 of the Act, 50 U.S.C. App. 2091, 2092, 2093; and

(c) sell or otherwise transfer equipment owned by the Federal Government and installed under section 303(e) of the Act, 50 U.S.C. App. 2093(e), to the owners of such plants, factories, or other industrial facilities.

vikingsoftpaw
12-23-2012, 01:10
Do some research on agenda 21. It is a plan for the wholesale restructuring of society. Requires heavy handed control of gov't. Not possible with us possessing 'assault rifles'.

Also look into the Tulsa Race Riots (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsa_race_riot). Pay close attention to the Greenwood reconstruction section.

stevelyn
12-23-2012, 02:08
The American Indian tribes maintain that the entire North American continent was stolen from them. I can't say I disagree with them either.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
12-23-2012, 02:34
Do some research on agenda 21. It is a plan for the wholesale restructuring of society. Requires heavy handed control of gov't. Not possible with us possessing 'assault rifles'.

Also look into the Tulsa Race Riots (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsa_race_riot). Pay close attention to the Greenwood reconstruction section.

If people wonder about origins of things like No Child Left Behind or "smart" meters, then look no further than Agenda 21.

The text also blatantly and repeatedly spells out how massive sums of money will be spent on all the disadvantaged people everywhere. Americans are deluding themselves if they think healthcare is some kind of sustainable industry that will save the economy. Patching up sick people in hospitals is not an exportable product. China is not interested in working with a fat ass country eating itself into oblivion.