Wayne LaPierre is about to dominate on Meet the Press [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Wayne LaPierre is about to dominate on Meet the Press

LockHavenYellow
12-23-2012, 07:51
At 1030AM ET. This one is probably a can't-miss.

But I'm MORE than positive that NBC will twist the crap out of anything he says.

LockHavenYellow
12-23-2012, 07:54
It's been brought to my attention that NY/CT have a delay on MTP. Weird.

geofri
12-23-2012, 08:08
He's on now

LockHavenYellow
12-23-2012, 08:10
Mine comes on in 20 minutes. For now, I have to deal with Chris Matthews' spew on my local channel.

glockman97420
12-23-2012, 08:15
Thanks. Reminder set. On in an hour for me.

M&P15T
12-23-2012, 08:45
He's failing.

He's not firing back with facts, he's throwing out rhetoric.

When the interviewer asked about the possiblity of banning 30 round AR mags, and held up a 30rd and a 10rd mag, all he had to say to completely squash that, was say a shooter would just need to carry three 10 rounders, and it would be the same damn thing.

He needs to use FACTS, instead of demonizing the left, and throwing our rhetoric.

He is losing, plain and simple.

He won't answer direct questions with firm conviction, he's just ducking them instead of giving direct answers, and THEN expanding on his answer.

He IS doing a good job of talking about the mental health issues, and the need to prosecute criminals properly.

O.k., he's doing better now, talking about CCWs in NY City only going to the Mayors buddies and such.

He's closing strong.

LockHavenYellow
12-23-2012, 08:47
I disagree. He started slow, but he's fired-up now.

LockHavenYellow
12-23-2012, 08:47
And David Gregory is a complete a-hole that is hell-bent on carrying out his network's biased, BS message.

TurboRocket
12-23-2012, 08:51
NRA needs a better spokesperson. If I heard right, it took him 18 minutes to mention the 2A.

McCleary.11
Unfortunately, he looks like he is failing with his statements. He left some good counter arguments on the table.

What the heck is stuck in the corner of his mouth?

LockHavenYellow
Unfortunately, he looks like he is failing with his statements. He left some good counter arguments on the table.

What the heck is stuck in the corner of his mouth?

LOL...was just wondering the same thing.

LockHavenYellow
12-23-2012, 08:52
NRA needs a better spokesperson. If I heard right, it took him 18 minutes to mention the 2A.

I don't disagree with this.

M&P15T
12-23-2012, 08:56
Christ, I coulda done better than that.

McCleary.11
12-23-2012, 09:06
The rep from SC is doing a much better job on this.

"I own an AR-15 in my home. Is passing a law that stops me from buying a second one going to stop a shooting like this? No"

Question on 30rd mags:
"I can reload pretty quick. The point is to interrupt the shooter and an armed guard can do that"

LockHavenYellow
12-23-2012, 09:08

"I own an AR-15 in my home. Is passing a law that stops me from buying a second one going to stop a shooting like this? No"

Question on 30rd mags:
"I can reload pretty quick. The point is to interrupt the shooter and an armed guard can do that"

Agreed.

TurboRocket
12-23-2012, 09:27

Of course not. And they know this. What we fear is the slippery slope. What they want is incrementalism. Same difference.

Carrys
12-23-2012, 09:37
What we fear is the slippery slope. What they want is incrementalism. Same difference.

This is the best explanation of the way things are and the two sides that form the differing positions that I've heard lately.

Of course, it's not the explanation I expect to actually hear from one of those two sides.....I'll let y'all guess which one is scared to say that....but there it is.

I learned long ago, the side that's afraid to speak the truth, to tell it's own followers how they see things and what they would like done......that's the side I'll always be against and never stand up for. It's the side that has an agenda they don't want anyone to get a grasp on. When a side is afraid to tell even it's own followers what it stands for......one has to ask why and wonder just what in the shucks is it the followers believe in, since they aren't told the truth/facts?

Now I wonder why, eh?:dunno:

Z71bill
12-23-2012, 09:45
So we

Do a video that shows how easy it is to shoot 50 rounds through one gun using 5 ten round mags.

Would it make the anti guns folks understand that having such a limit will not make any difference ---

Or

Would they then just want to limit mag capacity to zero?

Fear Night
12-23-2012, 09:45
Why does nobody in these interviews ever bring up the fact that CT already has an AWB in place? It's the dirty little secret that the pro-AWB media never wants to talk about.

They want the AWB in place so that they can take the next step to something else after it fails. It's just a stepping stone in their incrementalism plan. What will be the next scapegoat, handguns? Or hollowpoints? Or 10 round mags (now we only need 5)?

Then Senator Schumer from NY said that the majority of the American people are behind an AWB. :rofl: Is that why the Democratic controlled Senate and Democratic controlled House got ejected in 1994? Do you think there were more "assault weapon" owners back then, or now? I can tell you I sure didn't own any, because I wasn't even old enough to vote yet :)

The AWB hasn't been voted on since 1994 because it has proven to be political suicide in the past.

Russ in PA
12-23-2012, 09:51
So we

Do a video that shows how easy it is to shoot 50 rounds through one gun using 5 ten round mags.

Easier still, just show them a video of Jerry Micheluk shooting & reloading his revolver.

HarlDane
12-23-2012, 09:55
So we

Would it make the anti guns folks understand that having such a limit will not make any difference ---

Or

Would they then just want to limit mag capacity to zero?
That is exactly what happens in my experience. When I've explained the pointlessness of magazine capacity limits to supporters of gun control, they just change their position to wanting to ban any gun that can accept a mag.

Glockdude1
12-23-2012, 09:59
Easier still, just show them a video of Jerry Micheluk shooting & reloading his revolver.

NO!!

Anti's already have enough bad info as it is!!

Revolvers would be on the ban list after watching that video.

:cool:

Fear Night
12-23-2012, 10:02
That is exactly what happens in my experience. When I've explained the pointlessness of magazine capacity limits to supporters of gun control, they just change their position to wanting to ban any gun that can accept a mag.
Good. Let them take an extreme stance that has no chance of ever passing. Even Feinstein knows that could never pass, or else it would already be law in CA. They can go pound sand.

philipk
12-23-2012, 10:08
He blew it again!

Read the following quote from a CNN article. Forget it is CNN see what it is saying about conservative papers.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/22/politics/gun-debate/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn

New York's tabloids, normally political polar opposites, offered the same take: The Daily News' headline called LaPierre the "Craziest Man on Earth," while Rupert Murdoch's New York Post ran with, "Gun Nut! NRA loon in bizarre rant over Newtown."

We are our own worst enemy.

HarlDane
12-23-2012, 10:12
Good. Let them take an extreme stance that has no chance of ever passing. Even Feinstein knows that could never pass, or else it would already be law in CA. They can go pound sand.For some firearms, that is the law in CA. If you want any number of features on a semi-auto rifle you must have a fixed mag, which is why we have had to come up with the "bullet button" and other similar devices (which state legislators are now trying to ban).

G36's Rule
12-23-2012, 10:43
He blew it again!

Read the following quote from a CNN article. Forget it is CNN see what it is saying about conservative papers.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/22/politics/gun-debate/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn

We are our own worst enemy.

Only way to get good headlines in those two rags would have been to roll over and give up everything.

Stop agreeing with the lefty loons and think for yourself.

cowboywannabe
12-23-2012, 10:49
he hit the canvas without putting up much of a fight. he seemed like he didnt prepare well for that interview.

WT
12-23-2012, 10:59
For those who missed it ....

Locally this interview will air again at 2:00 p.m. this afternoon.

clint curtis
12-23-2012, 11:08
And David Gregory is a complete a-hole that is hell-bent on carrying out his network's biased, BS message.

X2 ..........I have zero respect for him. Calling him an a-hole is being too nice.

hogfish
12-23-2012, 12:03

Question on 30rd mags:

Yep. Lindsey Graham, I think is his name. He did good during the bit I saw. :thumbsup:

wrenrj1
12-23-2012, 13:18
Here's the youtube link in case it hasn't been posted yet:
NRA chief Wayne LaPierre on NBC's Meet The Press - YouTube

HollowHead
12-23-2012, 13:21
The sad part is, Ted Nugent might have done a better job. HH

jbailey8
12-23-2012, 13:33
So we

Or

Would they then just want to limit mag capacity to zero?I get what you're saying, but I guess it comes down to logistics. I can carry 210 rounds in 7 mags or in 21 mags. I'm not arguing for having less magazine capacity, but it's the only thing that makes the argument make since. Either way if you walk into a gun free zone it doesn't matter how many times you have to reload if no one there can defend themselves.

DaleGribble
12-23-2012, 13:37

Ted would have done a better job presenting facts but when he got that wild look in his eye and told David Gregory to kiss his ass, we'd be worse off.

jame
12-23-2012, 13:44
he hit the canvas without putting up much of a fight. he seemed like he didnt prepare well for that interview.

I've heard a lot of this type of thing, but how else would we have expected him to respond?

When David Gregory introduces him, more or less as, "Today we have the Demon One, Beelzebub, Satan, the KING of Hell itself, Wayne LaPierre!", what possible answers could he give that would appease everyone?

Calm down.....he did fine. Besides, the hard meaningful work, I'm sure, is being done behind the scene.

countrygun
12-23-2012, 13:54
Only way to get good headlines in those two rags would have been to roll over and give up everything.

Stop agreeing with the lefty loons and think for yourself.

This ^^^^^

quit giving ground by validating their slanted rules.

Rick C
12-23-2012, 14:32
LaPierre should have jumped on this. Oh well, hindsight and all.

NBC's Gregory Violates DC Gun Laws

http://cdn.breitbart.com/mediaserver/Breitbart/Big-Journalism/2012/12/23/DavidGregory.png

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2012/12/23/NBC-s-Gregory-Violates-DC-Gun-Laws-on-Meet-The-Press

certifiedfunds
12-23-2012, 14:41
Ted would have done a better job presenting facts but when he got that wild look in his eye and told David Gregory to kiss his ass, we'd be worse off.

It'd almost be worth it

PhotoFeller
12-23-2012, 15:17
I think Wayne did a good job under very difficult circumstances.

For those who criticize his performance, imagine being in his seat. Have you ever been in a position like he was in, facing a national TV audience, a biased, tough cross examiner, an environment where every word is dissected by the producer to feed questions into Gregory's earpiece, dealing with a controversial issue that is severely inflamed by Newtown, the hopes of millions of NRA members hanging on his words, knowing that every word he uttered would be twisted by every liberal media talking head in the world? Yea, he has a little saliva at the corner of his mouth. He was under HUGE stress, and every gland was operating full on.

I don't think he gave an inch, and he made some good points in a way average Americans can understand.

If you don't belong to NRA, PLEASE JOIN.

PhotoFeller
12-23-2012, 15:20

HollowHead- Come on, you're smarter than that.

LockHavenYellow
12-23-2012, 15:26
LaPierre should've jumped on this.

http://cdn.breitbart.com/mediaserver/Breitbart/Big-Journalism/2012/12/23/DavidGregory.png

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2012/12/23/NBC-s-Gregory-Violates-DC-Gun-Laws-on-Meet-The-Press

This is the best thing I've read all day. :rofl:

HollowHead
12-23-2012, 15:27
HollowHead- Come on, you're smarter than that.

Sarcasm. Ted Nugent would have been the worst possible choice. HH

Fear Night
12-23-2012, 16:55
LaPierre should have jumped on this. Oh well, hindsight and all.

That's awesome. I can't believe I didn't catch that. They even talked about gun law violations never been prosecuted on the show!! :rofl:

ICARRY2
12-23-2012, 17:14
...if you walk into a gun free zone it doesn't matter how many times you have to reload if no one there can defend themselves.

Perfect answer to any mag limits or awb.

GreenDrake
12-23-2012, 17:44
Perfect answer to any mag limits or awb.

Yep, look at Columbine, we were under an AWB and they walked in with 10 round mags, got 96 rounds off of one weapon, and had loads of bombs. We should ban propane tanks and matches.

Bren
12-23-2012, 17:46

I didn't see it, but I have been around Glock Talk long enough to know that when people here talk about law and politics, their understanding is usually so poor that, if they say LaPierre did a bad job, it was probably great and if they say he did a great job, it would probably be some "all or nothing, blood in the streets, we'll riot" crash and burn.

I see people posting things like, "it took him 18 minutes to mention the 2nd amendment." because that's our strongest argument.:upeyes: So I don't put much stock in opinions here.

Hey, did he forget to say, "what part of 'shall not be infringed' don't you understand." :rofl:

Rick C
12-23-2012, 19:06
I didn't see it, but I have been around Glock Talk long enough to know that when people here talk about law and politics, their understanding is usually so poor that, if they say LaPierre did a bad job, it was probably great and if they say he did a great job, it would probably be some "all or nothing, blood in the streets, we'll riot" crash and burn.

I see people posting things like, "it took him 18 minutes to mention the 2nd amendment." because that's our strongest argument.:upeyes: So I don't put much stock in opinions here.

Hey, did he forget to say, "what part of 'shall not be infringed' don't you understand." :rofl:

Could you have done better, if so get some and quit being the eternal "I could have done better".:supergrin:
Merry Christmas.:cool:

certifiedfunds
12-23-2012, 19:33

People also forget that Wayne is acting on a whole lot better information than anyone here is privy to

HollowHead
12-23-2012, 19:40

There is a reason why I used, "might have" instead of, "would have." HH

TurboRocket
12-23-2012, 20:31

You must be a hoot at parties.

sum-dum-guy
12-24-2012, 00:56
I think Wayne did a good job under very difficult circumstances.

For those who criticize his performance, imagine being in his seat. Have you ever been in a position like he was in, facing a national TV audience, a biased, tough cross examiner, an environment where every word is dissected by the producer to feed questions into Gregory's earpiece, dealing with a controversial issue that is severely inflamed by Newtown, the hopes of millions of NRA members hanging on his words, knowing that every word he uttered would be twisted by every liberal media talking head in the world? Yea, he has a little saliva at the corner of his mouth. He was under HUGE stress, and every gland was operating full on.

I don't think he gave an inch, and he made some good points in a way average Americans can understand.

If you don't belong to NRA, PLEASE JOIN.

I agree.

He is not the best debater and does not seem super agile on his feet. He debates like a politician who has talking points he wants to hit and is not super fluid.

But unless you have debated on the national stage, it is easy to armchair quarterback it. Everything he says will be dissected by everyone on both sides of the argument so he has to be very careful.

All in all I think he did fine in a very difficult and somewhat hostile environment.

Hummer
12-24-2012, 02:03
I agree.

He is not the best debater and does not seem super agile on his feet. He debates like a politician who has talking points he wants to hit and is not super fluid.

But unless you have debated on the national stage, it is easy to armchair quarterback it. Everything he says will be dissected by everyone on both sides of the argument so he has to be very careful.

All in all I think he did fine in a very difficult and somewhat hostile environment.

I agree, he's done a fine job in spite of never getting a fair hearing in the main stream media. At this point, we need to do more than have others (i.e., the NRA) speak to our position. Now is the time to write or call your political representatives and put your personal political power to work.