New paleo diet [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New paleo diet

ridethelink
12-23-2012, 08:37
I have a friend who has lost weight on his own version of the Paleo diet. Basically he.eats bacon and eggs for breakfast and then the rest of the day he eats some of this super chili, meat beans onions tomatoes and peppers. If he had to go out he.just has a big salad. Its worked for him and I want to try it. Opinions?

.264 magnum
12-23-2012, 09:19
I have a friend who has lost weight on his own version of the Paleo diet. Basically he.eats bacon and eggs for breakfast and then the rest of the day he eats some of this super chili, meat beans onions tomatoes and peppers. If he had to go out he.just has a big salad. Its worked for him and I want to try it. Opinions?

I predict his social life will begin circling the drain soon.

Averageman
12-23-2012, 09:38
You eat Chili twice a day and you will end up in a bad YouTube video.
Exersize and eat the basic food groups with few but good carbs and you will be fine. Fad diets can and will hurt you.

FullClip
12-23-2012, 09:42
I predict his social life will begin circling the drain soon.

:rofl: My thoughts ex-zackly!!:supergrin: Know that when I over-do it with chilli and beans that I could do crowd control duty if the wind was in the right direction!:supergrin:

K.Kiser
12-23-2012, 09:47
Just another diet that reduces carbs, nothing new... A sensible diet is still the only only true diet that gives your body all it needs... Sensible meats, lots of veggies, moderate fruits, juices and nuts for energy, water, milk, etc. with plenty of exercise works every single time...

The most important thing is to rid your diet of carbs, processed foods, white sugar, etc... Eat lean meats, green veggies raw (green leafy salads), and the other stuff listed for energy and feel confident that your weight and overall health will improve... It's what your body is programmed to survive on... I go by a quote that I heard Laird Hamilton say several years ago " If it wasn't available 10,000 years ago, don't eat it"...

I have trouble with chronic pain, and found that the biggest contibutor to it was carbs and sugars... When I cut out those things with a sustained diet, I fell less body pains with taking no meds than I normally do taking meds daily and a crappy diet...

ridethelink
12-23-2012, 12:01
Carbs and sugars are out as well as most wheat/grains?

rgregoryb
12-23-2012, 12:03
remind him of the life expectancy of the paleo genre

OctoberRust
12-23-2012, 12:07
remind him of the life expectancy of the paleo genre

what is the life expectancy? I've ate paleo since I was 19, I'm 24 now. I love the way my body looks. I'd go gay for myself. :supergrin:

But really, what is the life expectancy? Not that I'd care if I die a few years, or decades sooner than someone else. As long as I look good while doing it. :rofl:

dango
12-23-2012, 12:16
"Peoples , lend me your ears" ! Let us join and cast away all lawn mowers . Graze ! Yeap , eat your lawn ! Yeap , it's the only thing left that "MONSANTO" has not tampered with ! So , eat healthy !
:supergrin:

Harper
12-23-2012, 12:19
I'm always surprised at how many people try "the ____ diet" or want to know if it works.

Here's how to know if any weight-loss diet is a good one...
1) You eat less calories than your maintenance calorie level.
2) The macro nutrient profile is reasonably balanced. (protein/carbs/fat)
3) You get enough vitamins and minerals.

.264 magnum
12-23-2012, 15:38
Just another diet that reduces carbs, nothing new... A sensible diet is still the only only true diet that gives your body all it needs... Sensible meats, lots of veggies, moderate fruits, juices and nuts for energy, water, milk, etc. with plenty of exercise works every single time...

The most important thing is to rid your diet of carbs, processed foods, white sugar, etc... Eat lean meats, green veggies raw (green leafy salads), and the other stuff listed for energy and feel confident that your weight and overall health will improve... It's what your body is programmed to survive on... I go by a quote that I heard Laird Hamilton say several years ago " If it wasn't available 10,000 years ago, don't eat it"...

I have trouble with chronic pain, and found that the biggest contibutor to it was carbs and sugars... When I cut out those things with a sustained diet, I fell less body pains with taking no meds than I normally do taking meds daily and a crappy diet...

Why do people not understand and abide by this?

.264 magnum
12-23-2012, 15:40
:rofl: My thoughts ex-zackly!!:supergrin: Know that when I over-do it with chilli and beans that I could do crowd control duty if the wind was in the right direction!:supergrin:

A mini-neutron bomb.