Galco "concealable" holster [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Galco "concealable" holster

BADOS
12-23-2012, 08:59
Hi Folks, happy holidays to all.

Just wanted to talk about the Galco "Concealable" holster. First, I have had many conceable holsters since the late 60's. My 2 favorites till now were the Galco "Jackass" holster and a Remora holster that doubles as a tuck in the waist band or in the pocket for my Glock 27. I recently purchased the Galco "Concealable" because I liked the idea of the butt forward and contoured design to fit comfortable on my hip. Good news! this is the best and most comfortable holster I ever wore. At times I forget I'm evening wearing it. I live in Florida and can tell you that even wearing light clothes I have no problem concealing my weapon. The holster does require a little break in, but not bad. I just followed the instructions without problem. For best concealment you just place on your belt so the holster just touches your back pocket. The butt is tilted forward.

Enjoy the Holidays and have a safe New Year!

Simpleman71
12-23-2012, 12:26
Thanks, glad someone posted this as I just ordered one for my sig P220.

SCmasterblaster
12-23-2012, 12:48
Hi Folks, happy holidays to all.

Just wanted to talk about the Galco "Concealable" holster. First, I have had many conceable holsters since the late 60's. My 2 favorites till now were the Galco "Jackass" holster and a Remora holster that doubles as a tuck in the waist band or in the pocket for my Glock 27. I recently purchased the Galco "Concealable" because I liked the idea of the butt forward and contoured design to fit comfortable on my hip. Good news! this is the best and most comfortable holster I ever wore. At times I forget I'm evening wearing it. I live in Florida and can tell you that even wearing light clothes I have no problem concealing my weapon. The holster does require a little break in, but not bad. I just followed the instructions without problem. For best concealment you just place on your belt so the holster just touches your back pocket. The butt is tilted forward.

Enjoy the Holidays and have a safe New Year!

Thank you, sir. May you have a Merry Christmas also.

MikeNH
12-23-2012, 13:00
I use the same for my Sigs- the same one fits my non-railed P229, P245 and P220 Carry SAO/SAS all well. Quite happy with it. I also use a DeSantis Side Scrabbard for my G32 and HK45c. Similar design but it also has a third belt loop for a traditional mount though I never use that.

SCmasterblaster
12-23-2012, 13:24
if a Galco would work with a G17 or 22? :cool:

MikeNH
12-23-2012, 13:26
if a Galco would work with a G17 or 22? :cool:

I have to imagine that a G17 holster will also fit the 22 or a 31. The DeSantis I'm wearing now was marked as for the 19/23/32. They're all the same size after all.

SCmasterblaster
12-23-2012, 13:35
I have to imagine that a G17 holster will also fit the 22 or a 31. The DeSantis I'm wearing now was marked as for the 19/23/32. They're all the same size after all.

Thanks. I am looking for a more secure OC holster.

MikeNH
12-23-2012, 13:38
Both the Galco and DeSantis are open top, no retention strap. I think the DeSantis can be had with a strap, or at least a similar model has it. I don't OC with any frequency so I'm okay with it just being friction retention.

SCmasterblaster
12-23-2012, 13:48
Both the Galco and DeSantis are open top, no retention strap. I think the DeSantis can be had with a strap, or at least a similar model has it. I don't OC with any frequency so I'm okay with it just being friction retention.

Why so many open top holsters when the threat of an unauthorized gun grab is so great?

MikeNH
12-23-2012, 13:51
Why so many open top holsters when the threat of an unauthorized gun grab is so great?

I carry concealed and am not worried about someone gaining control of my pistol. Besides, with the forward cant it would be tough for someone to grab it from behind even if they knew it was there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCmasterblaster
12-23-2012, 13:55
I carry concealed and am not worried about someone gaining control of my pistol. Besides, with the forward cant it would be tough for someone to grab it from behind even if they knew it was there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I carry my Cond. One G17 in a Bianchi 4/4L open top holster.

DRJ1911
12-23-2012, 19:39
I carry my SP101 in a Galco concealable every day. A great holster.

Doyle

BADOS
12-24-2012, 09:22
I considered a retention strap holster, but in case of emergency why take the time to fumble with a holster snap or an external safety on the gun. My Galco Jackass has a retention strap, but the gun stows on a down angle so the strap is needed.

BADOS
12-24-2012, 10:11
Here is one small observation. If you are in warm weather and you are concealing with just a shirt and no sweater or jacket, wear a shirt that's at least one size up so it's a little baggy. The Galco "Concealable" continues to be very comfortable.

nickcarr
12-24-2012, 15:59
I love Galco holsters and the CON and is pretty good for a 1911. My only complaint was the lack of reinforcement around its opening. After a few weeks, I bought a Milt Sparks Summer Special 2 holster and never looked back.

I think the CON holster is a fine OWB holster but I prefer some extra rigidity there...

Calvis
12-24-2012, 16:05
Have a Galco IWB tuck style with the hook I CC in the front, which is extremely comfortable. It is a bit more noticeable that the IWB I wear to the rear of my hip, but much more comfortable. Highly recommend

Tank44
12-24-2012, 20:49
I've been using and recommending this holster for years. I love it. I actually have two and carry my Ruger SP101 or a full size 1911, depending on what I feel like carrying. I'm glad to see there are others out there who think like I do. When is the last time someone experienced an "unauthorized gun grab?" Like I said, I have been carrying for many years and I don't ever let people get that close. Concealed means concealed. My wife doesn't even know when I am carrying (which is always) and often asks if I am armed.

Calvis
12-26-2012, 14:06
Amen, Tank. I carry in the front, so a grabber would be getting a bit too personal. :^D

Tank44
12-26-2012, 21:25
Calvis : That takes "gun grab" to a whole new level! :rofl:

Calvis
12-27-2012, 09:30
Lol. :^D