Just picked up a Rock River Arms Operator. Are these quality rifles. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Just picked up a Rock River Arms Operator. Are these quality rifles.

conpro
12-23-2012, 09:36
Hello, I wanted to get another AR while i could and i found a RRA operator series with all the upgrades brand new at my local gun shop and i know nothing about RRA are they quality rifles. The fit and finish on this is very impressive and tight.

K.Kiser
12-23-2012, 09:53
I have never had one, but alot of buddies do and they seem to run pretty much without a hitch... They seem to be quite accurate scoped and on bags, and in 10 years of shooting often I don't think any of them have had any breakages or repairs... I just talked to my best friend who has had one for along time and shoots 3-gun with it, and he said he takes it down for a cleaning about every 1000+ rounds, and no malfunctions... I'd be very happy to have your rifle in my posession..

*ASH*
12-23-2012, 12:45
i had one , sold it to finance my Daniel Defense m4

its a good AR , its not in same class as my DD or the upper class but is a good rifle .

SCSU74
12-23-2012, 12:52
they're ok, a buddy used one in class last week and was having all kinds of malfunctions. Double feeds, FTE etc. They are what our agency issues, but the majority of officers use personally purchased colts or noveskes

GlockPride
12-23-2012, 13:07
I have a RRA CAR Elite A4. I've had it for about 5.5 years. Other than not liking steel cased ammo it's been fine.
It was one of the first to run the mid length gas tube/handguard. The carbine is too short for my liking, but I didn't want a rifle length.

MrMurphy
12-23-2012, 13:12
Fit, finish and 'tightness' have nothing to do with quality and everything to do with visual appeal. I've shot a parts-gun M16A2 whose lower was built in about 1962 (original overstamped AUTO, no mag button fence) which rattled, yet also shot expert with it.

RRA can make a decent gun. Like Bushmaster, you have to be a bit more thorough in the inspection and probably replace some parts if you're going to run it hard.

If your idea of running it hard is 200 rounds at the range over the course of a day you're fine. If you're going to run drills and classes, I'd check the gas key staking, castle nut staking, ensure everything is 'as it should be' internally (run a couple google searches) and possibly replace the original BCG or have a spare.

It's better than a DPMS, Oly, Spikes, etc, they 'do' make guns for the FBI and DEA I believe, but I guarantee those guns aren't the same one you bought....

conpro
12-23-2012, 13:35
I have been reading nothing but good about them, I had a Colt 6920 and this is alot nicer AR than the colt, I did just put 1000 rounds through this and had -0- malfunctions so i guess it should be a good shooter. The staking looks great.

mjkeat
12-23-2012, 13:56
I recognize the username conpro. Wasn't there an issue w/ conpro and his credibility?

I just can't get passed the rediculous names RRA has for their ARs, gay.

conpro
12-23-2012, 14:03
i recognize the username conpro. Wasn't there an issue w/ conpro and his credibility?

I just can't get passed the rediculous names rra has for their ars, gay.

why are you starting trouble. i DONT HAVE A CREDIT CARD ACCOUNT HERE. Move on to another topic and be on your way. its people like you that start ****.

conpro
12-23-2012, 14:16
The more i read about the RRA the more i find that it is a pretty reliable rifle, There must have been a reason there was a 3 and 4 month wait for them, and all the other reviews i have been reading people love them, So far i like it better than my Colt.

mjkeat
12-23-2012, 14:19
why are you starting trouble. i DONT HAVE A CREDIT CARD ACCOUNT HERE. Move on to another topic and be on your way. its people like you that start ****.

Credit card!? Don't tell my wife.

So b/w your 10:30 am post and now you've had the time to put 1k rounds through your operator and read all those reviews?

RyanNREMTP
12-23-2012, 14:22
Hello, I wanted to get another AR while i could and i found a RRA operator series with all the upgrades brand new at my local gun shop and i know nothing about RRA are they quality rifles. The fit and finish on this is very impressive and tight.

Are you sure it's still there?

Sent from my Federation issued communicator.

*ASH*
12-23-2012, 15:15
this thread turned really weird

plus i had operator tactical and bought 2 colts le 6920 , still have the colts. my personal take on it is my colts are better

conpro
12-23-2012, 15:23
this thread turned really weird

plus i had operator tactical and bought 2 colts le 6920 , still have the colts. my personal take on it is my colts are better

Because there was a wierd reply on here by some unkown troublemaker.:dunno:

MrMurphy
12-23-2012, 15:45
Stay on topic or this won't be one.

rv4driver
12-23-2012, 16:17
My RRA NM had the roll pin back out of the buffer during the 600yd part of my best score match, rendered the rifle T.U.
Never got over it. Just sayin...and it was a new rifle, this was only the third match with it.

Not a peep in response to emails and phone calls to "customer service". Nice warranty! Thanks for nuthin'.

The local PD uses them I understand, hope they have better luck, mine only cost me a score.

SCSU74
12-23-2012, 16:49
Credit card!? Don't tell my wife.

So b/w your 10:30 am post and now you've had the time to put 1k rounds through your operator and read all those reviews?

haha, seems legit :whistling:

conpro
12-23-2012, 18:02
haha, seems legit :whistling:

Just walk out on my back porch and start firing away pretty simple and quick. It dont take long to get rid of 1000 rounds rapid fire.

mjkeat
12-23-2012, 18:17
Just walk out on my back porch and start firing away pretty simple and quick. It dont take long to get rid of 1000 rounds rapid fire.

I want to see the target and your beard. I do believe RRA requires proof of beard at time of purchase.

conpro
12-23-2012, 18:53
i want to see the target and your beard. I do believe rra requires proof of beard at time of purchase.

lol....

Sensai
12-23-2012, 19:23
I have never owned one, but the people I know that have them really like them. They can all use a little tweeking but heck, that's half the fun.:honkie:

mjkeat
12-23-2012, 20:33
lol....

So, where are these pics?

Oh, and thank you for the email.

This is a message from conpro at Glock Talk ( http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php) ). The Glock Talk owners cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of the email.

To email conpro, you can use this online form:
http://glocktalk.com/forums/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=118635 (http://glocktalk.com/forums/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=118635)

OR, by email:
mailto:TRULINE@NEO.RR.COM (TRULINE@NEO.RR.COM)

This is the message:

DONT COME AND TRY TO START YOUR **** HERE, ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT SHOULDNT BE ON THESE SITES.

conpro
12-23-2012, 21:00
So, where are these pics?

Oh, and thank you for the email.

This is a message from conpro at Glock Talk ( http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php) ). The Glock Talk owners cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of the email.

To email conpro, you can use this online form:
http://glocktalk.com/forums/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=118635 (http://glocktalk.com/forums/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=118635)

OR, by email:
mailto:TRULINE@NEO.RR.COM (TRULINE@NEO.RR.COM)

This is the message:

DONT COME AND TRY TO START YOUR **** HERE, ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT SHOULDNT BE ON THESE SITES.

So what wrong with the email, you got the point didnt ya. your an ass. Notice your the only one here acting like a child.

Gunny Lingus
12-23-2012, 21:10
I just can't get passed the rediculous names RRA has for their ARs, gay.

Can't argue with that.

mjkeat
12-23-2012, 21:34
So what wrong with the email, you got the point didnt ya. your an ass. Notice your the only one here acting like a child.

What point?

You were asked to do 2 simple things. Things you can't do because you are lying to all of us.

You have turned this thread into what it is because you are avoiding the obvious.

Aren't you the one that pulled this same crap just a month or 2 ago?

Post those pictures, shut me up, or stop posting these lies.

conpro
12-23-2012, 22:23
what point?

You were asked to do 2 simple things. Things you can't do because you are lying to all of us.

You have turned this thread into what it is because you are avoiding the obvious.

Aren't you the one that pulled this same crap just a month or 2 ago?

Post those pictures, shut me up, or stop posting these lies.

your the problem, im done arguing with you your worse than a kid. Look back at the thread you started all this **** *******.

WarEagle32
12-23-2012, 22:40
A RRA A1 was my first AR. I shot the hell out of it without any problems for almost a year. It got me hooked on AR's and I saved my money and sold it, and bought a S&W X Model with an Aimpoint which I still have. The rest is history, now I have a DD V5 LW with an Aimpoint, a Dpms SASS 308, and a Remington VTR 15 which is a coyote slayer. As well as 2 AK's and it all started with that RR which I think makes a very decent product. There NM trigger is very sweet IMO.

birda40
12-23-2012, 22:40
I have a RRA for over a year now. Had some light strikes , generally first round. (steel cases ) Other than that she eats anything groups are fine. I have the heavy stainless barrel with blck Flash suppressor. The old man loves , I've tried to give it to him but he just sticks in the safe. It's to purdy I guess ;)

NBT
12-23-2012, 23:02
A RRA A1 was my first AR. I shot the hell out of it without any problems for almost a year. It got me hooked on AR's and I saved my money and sold it, and bought a S&W X Model with an Aimpoint which I still have. The rest is history, now I have a DD V5 LW with an Aimpoint, a Dpms SASS 308, and a Remington VTR 15 which is a coyote slayer. As well as 2 AK's and it all started with that RR which I think makes a very decent product. There NM trigger is very sweet IMO.

Same story here...didn't want to break the bank on my first AR when getting started with the platform...and did not want to build one either. I settled for what I considered a nice "entry level" AR... the Rock River Entry Tactical seemed to fit the bill nicely and I was very happy with it. Never had one problem with it...and my buddy who owns it now loves it. Once I became comfortable with the AR...started doing builds. I found it easy to sell a complete / same MFG gun than a built one. Right now...just getting your hands on anything AR..AK related your doing okay. Enjoy