Stripped lower for sale, $4500... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Stripped lower for sale, $4500...

KennyFSU
12-23-2012, 12:41
Just kidding, but I do want to finally start building my M&P lower and would like some suggestions on which upper and LPK to buy.

I'm on a budget so I can't go all out. I'll most likely go with a complete upper but anyone have any suggestions on a good LPK?

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b41/LSntegra/Guns/BD21EC7A-2E81-412A-A1C0-55A9E49E6BD9-155-0000000741E48400.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Butcher
12-23-2012, 12:45
I'll give you $45 for it

KennyFSU
12-23-2012, 12:56
I'll give you $45 for it

Wow, that's way more than what I have in it; early Xmas present.

Ruggles
12-23-2012, 12:59
I will give you $125 + a Pmag :)

I went with PSA lower parts (in a stripped PSA lower) and have had good luck with BCM, LMT and PSA uppers :)

At this point whatever you can find instock might be a good buy! I think a BCG is going to be tough indeed!

russoj429
12-23-2012, 13:30
i just purchased a complete rifle kit from DPMS, the kit includes everything except the lower. kit also includes all assembly parts for the lower. it was 574 plus tax, and free shipping.

also purchased a stripped lower from code red firearms for $149.00. i probably could have gotten the lower a little cheaper but i should have it within 3 weeks.

so total build will cost me 723 plus the cost of shipping and FFL fee for the transfer of the lower.

DPMS also has complete uppers for sale

only bad thing about my DPMS order that i can see is this little warning

Unfortunately due to current demand please be aware that rifles, barrel assemblies, and/ or rifle kits may take up to 8-12 weeks to be filled and shipped out. (This time may change dependent on upgrades and part(s) availability) We are sorry for this delay, if you have any questions please feel free to contact our sales team with your unique order number.

mjkeat
12-23-2012, 14:03
I wouldn't wait a minute for a free DPMS. 8-12 weeks!? Retarded.

OP, try and find a LPK from Daniel Defense. Look at Ranier Arms or SKD Tactical.

russoj429
12-23-2012, 14:18
I wouldn't wait a minute for a free DPMS. 8-12 weeks!? Retarded.

OP, try and find a LPK from Daniel Defense. Look at Ranier Arms or SKD Tactical.

i have called around to many local shops and there are a few in the area that do have a fully assembled DPMS and they are all wanting 1800 and up for them. all other places are sold out of everything else. even places online that normally would ship to an FFL are not shipping to anyone because they are selling them too quickly to local customers.

key word is try to find anything in stock anywhere and if it is in stock it will most likely break the bank right now. at least that is what i am seeing locally

mjkeat
12-23-2012, 14:22
i have called around to many local shops and there are a few in the area that do have a fully assembled DPMS and they are all wanting 1800 and up for them. all other places are sold out of everything else. even places online that normally would ship to an FFL are not shipping to anyone because they are selling them too quickly to local customers.

key word is try to find anything in stock anywhere and if it is in stock it will most likely break the bank right now. at least that is what i am seeing locally

Are you encouraging people to purchase any old overpriced POS they can get their hands on?

russoj429
12-23-2012, 14:33
Are you encouraging people to purchase any old overpriced POS they can get their hands on?

no i am not encouraging anyone to purchase anything, i was just giving the OP somewhere to look since he already said he is on a budget.

and to me what i paid seems to fit the budget bill. since even fully assembled DPMS are going for 1800 and up that i am seeing in my area. his local area might be different.

but trying to find anything when your on a budget right now is going to be hard. especially if your wanting to spend under a grand

russoj429
12-23-2012, 14:36
and plus the OP didn't say what his budget was

KennyFSU
12-23-2012, 14:54
That's right, I knew I was forgetting something.

For LPK, I believe around $1-150 and the upper I want to be around $600.

I've heard good things from PSA as well, thanks for the suggestions.

As for DPMS, I've read mixed reviews on them but don't have any personal experience.

lawman800
12-23-2012, 23:49
One LGS today was a madhouse with hundreds in line... and prices were all at least 75% higher to double and ammo almost tripled. The guys at the counter were apologizing and saying that it is what it is now.

KennyFSU
12-24-2012, 08:38
That is sickening.

russoj429
12-24-2012, 08:57
That is sickening.

Yes it is. And it isn't going to get any better anytime soon. That's why I am happy with the amount I paid for a complete kit and lower. I will build it myself

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

KennyFSU
12-24-2012, 09:39
Well, all I have is a lower at the moment. Do you think that is the hardest part to obtain right now? I'm hoping uppers and LPKs aren't going to be too difficult to find...

russoj429
12-24-2012, 09:45
Well, all I have is a lower at the moment. Do you think that is the hardest part to obtain right now? I'm hoping uppers and LPKs aren't going to be too difficult to find...

As far as I can tell. Everything is hard to come by right now.

KennyFSU
12-24-2012, 09:51
As far as I can tell. Everything is hard to come by right now.

10-4, thanks. Looks like this will be a long project in the making.

bullittmcqueen
12-24-2012, 13:11
That's right, I knew I was forgetting something.

For LPK, I believe around $1-150 and the upper I want to be around $600.

I've heard good things from PSA as well, thanks for the suggestions.

As for DPMS, I've read mixed reviews on them but don't have any personal experience.

Lower parts kits are typically in the $50-75 range and for my money I'd try to locate a Daniel defense kit. Also, if your budget for an upper is 600 you should be looking at BCM or Daniel defense.

conpro
12-24-2012, 13:36
i wouldn't wait a minute for a free dpms. 8-12 weeks!? Retarded.

Op, try and find a lpk from daniel defense. Look at ranier arms or skd tactical.

i cant believe this guy is still trolling here.

KennyFSU
12-24-2012, 13:42
Lower parts kits are typically in the $50-75 range and for my money I'd try to locate a Daniel defense kit. Also, if your budget for an upper is 600 you should be looking at BCM or Daniel defense.

Thanks for the info. DD LPK it is.

As for uppers, what do you feel is best for around $400?

camelotkid
12-24-2012, 14:20
Thanks for the info. DD LPK it is.

As for uppers, what do you feel is best for around $400?

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-Standard-14-5-M4-SOCOM-Upper-Receiver-p/bcm-urg-m4-14socom.htm

$439 but out of stock

KennyFSU
12-24-2012, 14:21
I'll have to be placed on their email list, thanks.

Lee-online
12-24-2012, 14:22
I think the DD was the best lpk i have used but i am building a truck gun that i want to keep as cheap as i can without sacrificing quality.

I ordered and just received this PSA complete lpk. It was only $79 but i doubt you will find one that cheap now.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/c/l/classic_lbk_christmas.jpg

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/ar-15-days-of-christmas/palmetto-state-armory-classic-lower-build-kit.html