glock 34 spring kit and ghost connector [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : glock 34 spring kit and ghost connector

G-34
12-23-2012, 14:17
have any of you done this?

25 cent trigger job, then replace the striker spring, plunger spring and trigger spring with the ones that come in the kit,

it makes it a true 2 to 3.5 lb trigger BUT did it stay CRISP and NOT mushy?

G-34
12-23-2012, 14:52
no one???:dunno:

G-34
12-29-2012, 13:13
bump..

SouthpawG26
12-29-2012, 13:36
Which kit?

G-34
12-29-2012, 14:00
Which kit?

Ghost 3.5 lb connector and an ILMG ( i love my glock) reduced power plunger spring, heavier trigger spring, reduced power striker spring

Wash-ar15
12-29-2012, 14:07
what you will end up with that combo is probably about 3.5-4 # pull. I have found using that combo of springs, the trigger sometimes does not reset fully forward, thus not activating the trigger safety. a nono in the gun games if you are caught.

if it were me, i would use everything except the trigger spring.

GlockMonk
12-30-2012, 04:53
My G34 has been set up very similar to what you're describing, and I'm getting a 3 lb pull. The reset is not as crisp as the factory, but the trigger breaks clean, and crisp. It's been 100% reliable through thousands of rounds.

Here's my set up:

- Competition spring set from GlockWorx
- GlockWorx safety plunger
- GlockWorx light weight striker
- Ghost Rocket connector

*If you use the competition spring set without changing to light weight striker, you could have reliability problems with primer light strikes.

G-34
12-30-2012, 07:18
My G34 has been set up very similar to what you're describing, and I'm getting a 3 lb pull. The reset is not as crisp as the factory, but the trigger breaks clean, and crisp. It's been 100% reliable through thousands of rounds.

Here's my set up:

- Competition spring set from GlockWorx
- GlockWorx safety plunger
- GlockWorx light weight striker
- Ghost Rocket connector

*If you use the competition spring set without changing to light weight striker, you could have reliability problems with primer light strikes.

do you use a heavier trigger spring?

and wouldnt light strikes be a problem no matter what? because of the lighter striker spring?

GlockMonk
12-30-2012, 16:46
do you use a heavier trigger spring?

and wouldnt light strikes be a problem no matter what? because of the lighter striker spring?

yes, I use the heavier trigger spring. It should have been part of the package, I don't remember.

No, the lighter weight of the striker compensates for the lighter spring. I've shot CCI ammo (notorious for hard primers), Winchester, Remington, S&B, and never had a problem with light strikes. I also reload, so naturally I use the Federal primers (softest of them all).

I'm using everything from GlockWorx, so couldn't vouch for other light weight strikers.

GlockMonk