Can I add a adjustable stock to a AWB gun? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Can I add a adjustable stock to a AWB gun?

WEATHERBY460
12-23-2012, 16:09
I have a bushmaster that is about 12 years old and does not have a boyent lug and has a a2 stock. Now since the awb is lifted (currently), can I go and add the lugged sight and a telescoping stock?

thanks

KiltedSoule
12-23-2012, 16:33
Currently, yes, if you're wanting to get them you can

WoodenPlank
12-23-2012, 16:39
Assuming the A-frame is pinned, it's probably not worth the effort to get it replaced with one with a bayonet lug. Each A-frame is unique, and no two pin holes are aligned in the exact same way.

To change to a collapsible stock, you'll need a carbine buffer tube, castle nut and lock plate, carbine action spring, buffer, and the stock itself. TO install it yourself, you'll need a lower vice block, bench vice, and a castle nut wrench.

ithaca_deerslayer
12-23-2012, 16:48
Not in NY you can't.

lawman800
12-23-2012, 23:48
Not in CA unless you registered it before the deadline which was more than a decade ago.

m2hmghb
12-24-2012, 02:49
LOOK UP YOUR STATE LAWS! I see you're in Illinois, I believe they still have an AWB in effect.

TangoFoxtrot
12-24-2012, 08:04
I have a bushmaster that is about 12 years old and does not have a boyent lug and has a a2 stock. Now since the awb is lifted (currently), can I go and add the lugged sight and a telescoping stock?

thanks
You can do pretty much what you want until the AWB s*** storm hits...so I would hurry.

hotpig
12-24-2012, 17:52
Unless you live in a area of IL that has restrictions. Until the new ban starts shortly do what you want. Hopefully we will be able to grandfather what we have but the mood of the nation seems to be against it.

Boot Stomper
12-25-2012, 06:39
LOOK UP YOUR STATE LAWS! I see you're in Illinois, I believe they still have an AWB in effect.

There is no AWB in Illinois unless you are in Chicago/ Cook County. I just bought an AR in Illinois from Walmart with a bayonet lug and adjustable stock. 30 round magazines are legal as well.

ithaca_deerslayer
12-25-2012, 08:01
There is no AWB in Illinois unless you are in Chicago/ Cook County. I just bought an AR in Illinois from Walmart with a bayonet lug and adjustable stock. 30 round magazines are legal as well.

Why would anyone need an assault gun like that!

Just kidding :)

The 30 round mag helps you defend your house from a forced entry by someone with bad intentions, while the police are still 7 minutes away.

The adjustable stock is so your wife can shoot it.

The bayonet lug is so you can attach a bayonet or flashlight or bi-pod or pez dispenser or anything you want from it.

Of course, in NYS, they think a bayonet on a gun would make it dangerous, so no lug for me. And all shooters have to keep the stock at the same length because somehow that makes us safer.

TX Proud
12-25-2012, 08:10
go buy a kit, if RRA has one get it. all you really need is a strap wrench to tighten the castle nut down, or a spanner wrench. Takes all of about 15 minutes.

WEATHERBY460
12-25-2012, 15:48
i just wanst sure if we could modify the old ones