Banning what does not exist [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Banning what does not exist

tslex
12-23-2012, 18:24
Of all the lies told by the professional anti-self-defense advocates, the two that chap me most:

Lie I hate the second most: The Ft. Hood massacre happened where there were hundreds of armed, trained soldiers. You do not have to have been in the service to know that military bases are "gun free zones," except for active training, weapons depots and the like. just like other victims in "gun free zones," the Ft. Hood victims had no option but to hunker down and wait for the police. The professional anti-gunners know better, but they keep perpetuating the lie.

Lie I hate the most: That such a thing as the "gun show loophole" exists, such that it could be "closed." (Discussed at "Suburban Sheepdog." Link below.)

If you want to propose a ban on citizens selling their property to other citizens, if you believe so little in liberty, say so.

FLIPPER 348
12-23-2012, 19:00
However the so-called gun show loophole does exist. Many of the posters on a previous thread mentioned attending gun shows where some of the tables were selling firearms as a FTF sale.

meathead19
12-23-2012, 19:11
However the so-called gun show loophole does exist. Many of the posters on a previous thread mentioned attending gun shows where some of the tables were selling firearms as a FTF sale.

The problem is not the gun. It's humans and there will never be an acceptable answer.

6forsure
12-23-2012, 19:12

private indviduals selling their property. i know you get a lot of flack from the conservative jakholes that dominate this forum, but on this one, you're not going to get much empathy from me. you are being very disingenuous. if they are "dealing" in firearms without an ffl, it's illegal

FLIPPER 348
12-23-2012, 19:14
if they are "dealing" in firearms without an ffl, it's illegal

The posts are there in the gunshow loophole thread. I've never seen it at any of the Oregon gunshows though.

Shinytop
12-23-2012, 19:20
The law in Florida allows person to person sales, obviously without a background check. The law only requires that each be a Florida resident. When I sold a gun last week I saw the buyers drivers license and concealed carry permit. But the gun show loophole does exist and can easily bypass any requirement to check for mental or legal issues that could preclude a gun purchase. I understand other's objections to that loophole. And no, I do not have a magic answer that will allow free enterprise with guns and still insure that all who buy guns should be allowed to own them.

elsolo
12-23-2012, 19:28
It's not a "gun show loophole"
If you insist upon calling it a loophole, call it the
"private party sales, from non-dealers, need not do a background check loophole"

If you think that the government needs to be involved every time an individual sells his private property, you and I just don't think alike.

M2 Carbine
12-23-2012, 19:29
There is NO gun show loophole. That's anti gun BS.

An individual can rent a table at the gun show and sell their privately owned guns FTF. Perfectly legal.

Same thing as that individual selling their guns at a Garage Sale.

The "Gun show loop hole" is BS, unless you want to say there is such a thing as a Garage Sale loop hole.

A buying a gun FTF in a "Mc Donald's parking lot loophole" (which I have done).

Or call any FTF sale "A loophole".

There is no "loophole", just a bunch of pissed off anti gun fools that think every gun should have a paper trail.

FLIPPER 348
12-23-2012, 19:30
Sort of ironic. One would think that letting something that ' not actually exist' be banned would be a win-win situation for gun owners.

6forsure
12-23-2012, 20:07
"private party sales, from non-dealers, need not do a background check loophole"

If you think that the government needs to be involved every time an individual sells his private property, you and I just don't think alike.

thank you

tslex
12-23-2012, 21:04
Sort of ironic. One would think that letting something that ' not actually exist' be banned would be a win-win situation for gun owners.

Are you really that dim? The point is they are using a made-up term as cover to implement a policy no one would agree to if they were honest. They are calling it one thing, when it's really another.

which KIND of seem like what you are doing.

Fox
12-23-2012, 21:07

It's only the dealers that have to do background checks. The FTF private sales are NOT a loophole.

tslex
12-23-2012, 21:09

This, exactly.

harlenm
12-23-2012, 21:14
It's only the dealers that have to do background checks. The FTF private sales are NOT a loophole.

Depends on the state. We have to do a background check on ftf sales of handguns in ct, but not long guns. I believe selling any guns at a gun show in cut require a background check, but I'm not positive on that one.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

SunsetMan
12-23-2012, 22:57
My favorite lie is the term "assault weapon" for something that looks military. I even have my brother saying he doen't care about an AWB because he doesn't want one of THOSE.

ilgunguygt
12-23-2012, 23:39
There is NO gun show loophole. That's anti gun BS.

An individual can rent a table at the gun show and sell their privately owned guns FTF. Perfectly legal.

Same thing as that individual selling their guns at a Garage Sale.

The "Gun show loop hole" is BS, unless you want to say there is such a thing as a Garage Sale loop hole.

A buying a gun FTF in a "Mc Donald's parking lot loophole" (which I have done).

Or call any FTF sale "A loophole".

There is no "loophole", just a bunch of pissed off anti gun fools that think every gun should have a paper trail.

Are you really that dim? The point is they are using a made-up term as cover to implement a policy no one would agree to if they were honest. They are calling it one thing, when it's really another.

which KIND of seem like what you are doing.

Dont bother guys, he is one of the brilliant ones thats proud of his vote for Obama. He smugly told us we were stupid and Obama would never come for our guns.

certifiedfunds
12-23-2012, 23:43

Ah, sarcasm from the guy who voted for the guy who is pushing for more gun control.

ilgunguygt
12-24-2012, 00:21
Ah, sarcasm from the guy who voted for the guy who is pushing for more gun control.
Obama would never push for more gun control, Flipper said so!:rofl: