White House petition to deport Piers Morgan [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : White House petition to deport Piers Morgan

xmanhockey7
12-23-2012, 18:31
Deport British Citizen Piers Morgan for Attacking 2nd Amendment
British Citizen and CNN television host Piers Morgan is engaged in a hostile attack against the U.S. Constitution by targeting the Second Amendment. We demand that Mr. Morgan be deported immediately for his effort to undermine the Bill of Rights and for exploiting his position as a national network television host to stage attacks against the rights of American citizens.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/deport-british-citizen-piers-morgan-attacking-2nd-amendment/prfh5zHD

Kind of funny if you ask me. Over 27,000 signatures in three days.

SCmasterblaster
12-23-2012, 19:12
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/deport-british-citizen-piers-morgan-attacking-2nd-amendment/prfh5zHD

Kind of funny if you ask me. Over 27,000 signatures in three days.

28,800 are needed - 0 so far

opto_isolator
12-23-2012, 19:40
28,800 are needed - 0 so far

You read that backwards. They have over 28,000 signatures, and need 0! The whitehouse now has to address the petition....lol.

NEOH212
12-23-2012, 21:11
They couldn't deport that liberal commie turd fast enough!

:steamed:

glock_19guy1983
12-23-2012, 21:13

:steamed:

I would rather they tie an anvil to his foot and make him swim home.:supergrin:

uhlawpup
12-23-2012, 21:28
Wow. Defend the Second Amendment by violating the First.

What we need is an amendment against ignorance.

xmanhockey7
12-23-2012, 21:45
Here is how I see it. Piers makes the argument that the 2nd amendment should only apply to muskets because that's the guns they had at that time period. Well if that is true then freedom of the press and free speech should not be extended to his TV show because at the time all they had were printing presses. Obviously freedom of the press and free speech extend to TV, internet, etc. Piers only cares about the amendments he likes. While he should not really be deported for speaking out against the 2nd amendment this is still funny.

Gallium
12-23-2012, 21:51
Wow. Defend the Second Amendment by violating the First.

What we need is an amendment against ignorance.

What do you mean?

Louisville Glocker
12-24-2012, 01:22
Free speech. I have no problem with ANYONE expressing their views. (and yes, first amendment comes into play).

GLJones
12-24-2012, 02:08
I don't have a problem with free speech. I have a problem with foreigners that come to this country for the opportunity and then complain about it and want to turn it into the hell-hole they came from. I use my free speech to refute them and ask my representatives to send them packing.

Officer's Match
12-24-2012, 08:30
Simple, no-petition method to use here really... deport him from your television.

Paul53
12-24-2012, 10:19
Attacking any part of the Constitution and Bill of Rights is treason I believe.

Who invited this idiot here? He didn't like Great Britain I guess, so now he want to make The US the same as Great Britain?

We ran the entire armed British army out of the country a couple of times. Should be easy to get rid of one jerk.

hotpig
12-24-2012, 10:32
That Petition has become a big joke. I wish it had not been started. Or maybe it was started by the other side to make us look like crazy idiots.

itstime
12-24-2012, 10:35
OK. I don't know this. Is he a citizen of the US, Britain, or both?

BADOS
12-24-2012, 10:38

:steamed:He claims he sides with Republican views. Says even though he can't vote, he thought Romney would have done a better job. Said it himself the other night on his show.

MSW
12-24-2012, 10:57
I agree with the previous posters about the first amendment rights. Everyone, even foreigners, have the same rights in this country as natural born Americans. That's the law so we live with it.

If you don't like this guy, turn it off.

If you really don't like it, watch it and then email the companies that buy the ads and tell them you object to the content you, your family, your church won't be buying their products. - This is the most effective way to deal with a TV person you don't like.

When Bob Costas made his gun comments, I sent snail mail letters to the CEO's of the companies (Ford Trucks, Coca-Cola and a few others - get the CEO's name and address off the internet) that bought ads on the show and told them while I supported Costas' right of free speech, I didn't agree with it and I would not be buying their products because they choose to advertise on a show of someone I didn't care for. I noted that this was supposed to be a sports show and not a "talk" show. I told them it was the wrong forum for a comment like he made.

I got responses from everyone I wrote. Do I think I changed world policy? No but I'm willing to bet the letters got read and considered.

By even talking about the "petition to deport Morgan", we're giving air time to a guy whose ideas I don't support.

Think of it in these terms - the Hollywood celebs who come out with a new "cause" just when their career is dying or they're getting ready to release a new movie - they're doing the same thing. They're getting their name out there. Morgan benefits from our "deport Morgan petition" because it makes him appear a bigger person than he is.

If you ever watch Letterman, Leno, Conan - you'll see the starts who are out promoting their newest movie or cause. If the late night folks think someone is "newsworthy" they'll have them on. If not, then there is no place on the couch for them.

Let the network and the ad folks know you won't be watching the shows and won't be buying the products - this will get more attention than internet comments about what a jerk this guy is.

jack76590
12-24-2012, 11:20
"Deport British Citizen Piers Morgan for Attacking 2nd Amendment"

It should read, "Deport British SUBJECT Piers Morgan...."

I mean the poor chap has always been a subject and has no concept of freedom.

threefeathers
12-24-2012, 21:57
I signed it.

ejs54
12-25-2012, 00:58
This house (mine) has already adopted the PMT ban and is enforcing it well.

PMT= Piers Morgan Tonight

JVMHGF
12-25-2012, 11:27
He should be deported for not having manners! He calls himself a Brit? They can take him back.

Berto
12-25-2012, 11:40
It seems tongue in cheek to me, I doubt anyone honestly expects he'll be deported.
I think it's great.

SJ 40
12-25-2012, 18:56

:steamed:I couldn't agree more. SJ 40

redbaron007
12-26-2012, 07:40
Sad thing is the Brits wanted to get rid of him and guess what...we got him....he'll have to find another job somewhere else...the Brits really don't want him back! :sad:

We have the PM ban in place too.

:wavey:

red

TK-421
12-27-2012, 15:21
Sorry guys, the Brits don't want him back. They dumped him off on us for a reason. :tongueout:

http://www.salon.com/2012/12/26/british_create_a_petition_to_keep_piers_morgan_in_u_s/