(NY Times) NY Gov. Cuomo: Confiscation could be an option [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : (NY Times) NY Gov. Cuomo: Confiscation could be an option

PEC-Memphis
12-23-2012, 20:43
Cuomo Says He’ll Outline Gun Proposal Next Month

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/21/nyregion/cuomo-says-he-will-outline-gun-measures-next-month.html?_r=3&

“Confiscation could be an option. Mandatory sale to the state could be an option. Permitting could be an option — keep your gun but permit it.”

It may be known as: The 1938 2013 German United States of America Weapons Act - Where jews Americans were will be forbidden from the manufacturing or ownership of firearms and ammunition.

Pete7072
12-23-2012, 20:57
I don't think it will get that far. Even Obama was quoted saying:

"Like the majority of Americans, I believe that the Second Amendment guarantees an individual right to bear arms,” Obama said in the video. “It’s encouraging that many gun owners have stepped up this week to say there are steps we can take to prevent more tragedies like the one in Newtown.”

It's possible with AR's as the great state that I live in forced me to sell my M1 Garand. ( AWB state ) They even sent a letter asking me to provide a receipt/proof that I sold it. But what's next.... The next mass shooter uses 12 Gauges and pistols.... Then what ? They have to remove the guns from the criminal element before taking them from law abiding citizens.

racer88
12-23-2012, 21:21
Molon labe, ***hole!

DaneA
12-23-2012, 21:34
Dear state of ....,
Unfortunately the only proof I have is in the form of an insurance claim as the firearm in question was being utilized during a duck hunt when the boat sank. All was lost at sea.

Sincerely,

Reswob
12-23-2012, 22:38
the great state that I live in forced me to sell my M1 Garand. ( AWB state )

...what??

Maine1
12-23-2012, 23:42
Cool. Resale to the state? OK
EACh of my weapons will cost you $250,000. Cash, tax free.

wonder how much ammo they want at $10 a round?

Yeah, not biting. Its all BS.

Pete7072
12-24-2012, 07:40
...what??

@ Reswob - Yes the M1 Carbine was banned. Had to provide proof of out of state sale or turn the weapon in . I didn't think that they would actually send out letters, but they did. And I got one, had to sell it to relatives in a compliant state.

Reswob
12-24-2012, 09:26
@ Reswob - Yes the M1 Carbine was banned. Had to provide proof of out of state sale or turn the weapon in . I didn't think that they would actually send out letters, but they did. And I got one, had to sell it to relatives in a compliant state.

An M1 Carbine banned as an 'assault weapon' is the most ridiculous thing I've heard lately. Looks like this is NJ? Time to get the hell out!

robhic
12-24-2012, 10:34
Here's a seemingly illegal map of some counties in NY showing names and addresses of firearms owners:http://************/d79utkn

Unconstitutional anyone?!

PEC-Memphis
12-24-2012, 20:17

"Like the majority of Americans, I believe that the Second Amendment guarantees an individual right to bear arms,” Obama said in the video. “It’s encouraging that many gun owners have stepped up this week to say there are steps we can take to prevent more tragedies like the one in Newtown.”

Yet his appointments are some of the most anti-firearms people on earth. Yes, the gun owners that said we don't need those evil black rifles, if we can keep our shotguns.

vafish
12-24-2012, 20:45
Cool. Resale to the state? OK
EACh of my weapons will cost you $250,000. Cash, tax free.

wonder how much ammo they want at $10 a round?

Yeah, not biting. Its all BS.

When I lived in Australia we got a letter in the mail from the police telling us to take our registered and unregistered banned guns to a specific gun shop in town. The gun shop had a price book and gave you an estimate of the value of your gun. You took the estimate and the gun to the police station, turned in your gun and they mailed you a check for the value.

If course that system only works if you have registration first.

posted from my stupid smart phone, please excuse any spelling mistakes.

Maine1
12-24-2012, 22:50
they likely get no reply from me. I'm not playing thier game.

I realize how "buybacks" are done ( how can they buy "back" something they did not buy in the first place) In that post i was just exagerating. They NEVER value weapons highly, or at thier real value. You will get cents on the dollar, at a time when they are priceless.

dp2002813
12-25-2012, 01:18

It has been my humble observations that our Pres. will say one thing and do another. I heard that the definition of truth is "when the word and the deed become one."

SCmasterblaster
12-27-2012, 14:30
From my cold dead fingers . . . . .